Escape Room Games

Discuss board games here!
MetalGearAl

Post by MetalGearAl »

vaderag wrote:How did the demo work without the app?
The app is a free download, if you scroll to the right it has the demo scenario in it.
vaderag

Post by vaderag »

MetalGearAl wrote:The app is a free download, if you scroll to the right it has the demo scenario in it.
Ah, I didn't see it there... Is it worth trying the demo if I've got the others?
MetalGearAl

Post by MetalGearAl »

I don't know, how much do you enjoy the others? :D

I imagine it's more of the same, but a smaller scenario as it's only 20 cards. It took me as long to print + laminate ready for play as it did to play the game :)
vaderag

Post by vaderag »

MetalGearAl wrote:I don't know, how much do you enjoy the others? :D

I imagine it's more of the same, but a smaller scenario as it's only 20 cards. It took me as long to print + laminate ready for play as it did to play the game :)
Ah right, so about as long as the instructional... Prob not worth it then!
MetalGearAl

Post by MetalGearAl »

Longer than the tutorial, and with possible wrong guesses. It felt much more like a "real go". For the tutorial you get 10 minutes, this one gives you 60. In reality it's 30 though as the time gets cut in half a few minutes in.

Still, I enjoyed it despite my mixed review. Don't think I'll buy unless I spy it cheap, simply because it's a single-play game. Good one for board-game cafes or to borrow though!

Just spotted that it's by same publisher as TIME Stories :)
vaderag

Post by vaderag »

MetalGearAl wrote:Longer than the tutorial, and with possible wrong guesses. It felt much more like a "real go". For the tutorial you get 10 minutes, this one gives you 60. In reality it's 30 though as the time gets cut in half a few minutes in.

Still, I enjoyed it despite my mixed review. Don't think I'll buy unless I spy it cheap, simply because it's a single-play game. Good one for board-game cafes or to borrow though!

Just spotted that it's by same publisher as TIME Stories :)
Once I'm done with my other scenarios I can sell you mine if you like. Seems £20 posted is the going rate second hand on Facebook... No pressure, there are plenty of people already looking, just throwing it out there :)
Steve Jackson

Post by Steve Jackson »

basegreen wrote:Sorry, should have added notifications to this thread! :)

I've most closely been working with http://www.cryptx.co.uk in Cambridgeshire (excuse the naff website, nothing to do with me.. The rooms are ace tho!)

I've also been working with some other new venues yet to be announced, and as mentioned I'm working on a Charity one, themed around an AI bot gone wrong...

The booking for that is now open (Cambridge) http://www.ominousoffice.co.uk
Ah, nowhere near me then. Cool all the same though.
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega." - Brodie (Mallrats)
| Stejay on LastFM, Xbox Live, Steam, PSN, Nintendo & Game Center |