getting games from america

Discuss board games here!
rich.steed

getting games from america

Post by rich.steed »

Just seen this on BGG:

http://usaopoly.com/games/harry-potter- ... lding-game

and really want it - obviously over customs limit... but I have a friend in america - could I get her to buy it and ship it to me as a gift? Would that incur charges?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

It's a great game, and I bought it myself...

I think the best way to get it is by ordering it from Amazon.com (that's what I did), as it's really heavy, and will probably cost about $30-40 for your friend to ship...

If you order it from Amazon.com (from Amazon themselves, not a 3rd party), the shipping cost is only $12, but there is also a $12 import fee (which Amazon take at point of sale), but it means that you won't be charged any further import fees, and also, it won't be delayed by UK customs...

The total, if you order it from Amazon.com is £59.61 (if you pay in GBP), or $71.40 if you pay in USD...

I think it's worth the price :thumbs:
nutter45

Post by nutter45 »

I've got a copy from Amazon.com in shipping now, worked out about £60
Torf

Post by Torf »

Is this a Dominion lite?
nutter45

Post by nutter45 »

More like ascension I think, but not that dissimilar to dominion. The game grows over time as you add 'new books' (card decks and rule changes) to become more complex though.
jockosjungle

Post by jockosjungle »

I ordered a train set from the USA, used Amazon, really good process and you paid the charges as said. But probably less of a faff for your friend and the shipping was reasonable, cheaper to do that than get it from a reseller in the UK
nutter45

Post by nutter45 »

My copy arrived at the weekend, delivery was 10 days, which is a week quicker than they said. Now a 6 week wait til one of the kids unwraps it at Christmas :oh-hum: