Lost Photo Album on Android

Discuss all things related to mobile phones and sat nav here. Also can be used to discuss mobile phone suppliers and retailers.

Moderator: Kryten

Bravoman

Lost Photo Album on Android

Post by Bravoman »

In the floors hope that anyone still frequents this particular forum I’m after some help regarding a missing photo album on my Samsung Galaxy.

I added 3 photos to the album yesterday morning, and copied them into a 2nd album (one for each grandaughter) all was fine last night. This morning one of the albums has gone. Phone hasn’t had a system update or anything, I’ve checked recycle bin and nothing in there either.
Pretty sure I have most backed up on Amazon Photos and Google Photos but will have to search from all pics to find them…This album had over 2000 photos in. Any idea why it would have been deleted or vanish? I’ve Googled lost album on Samsung Phone and it seems quite a common occurrence but none of the answers given anywhere work.

Anyone able to help please. :wave:
driver8

Re: Lost Photo Album on Android

Post by driver8 »

I've no experience of this, but a few thoughts >

- it would be very weird if they'd been deleted - more likely moved, or 'lost' by the app ?
- try a different gallery app to scan your entire phone.
- try a File Manager app to locate the folder/s
- connect the phone to your laptop/PC to search
- google.photos.com > sorted by date, and the AI search is amazingly good
- I guess this is internal storage and not a memory card? If it's a card, use your laptop to scan it?

(In the floors?) :thinking:
Bravoman

Post by Bravoman »

driver8 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:19 am I've no experience of this, but a few thoughts >

- it would be very weird if they'd been deleted - more likely moved, or 'lost' by the app ?
- try a different gallery app to scan your entire phone.
- try a File Manager app to locate the folder/s
- connect the phone to your laptop/PC to search
- google.photos.com > sorted by date, and the AI search is amazingly good
- I guess this is internal storage and not a memory card? If it's a card, use your laptop to scan it?

(In the floors?) :thinking:
Thanks for the reply. It’s just deleted my whole camera album while I was using it. Phone went clunky for a 2nd or 2 and whole album (including photo I had just taken) was empty.
I’ve plugged it into my Mac and both albums with photos missing show as empty. I’ll definitely try a different gallery app. I have a memory card in phone and most photos were saved on there…I’ll get Google Photos on to it too.

Bravoman

Post by Bravoman »

Quick update. After losing another whole album of photos I’ve noticed my phone now says I don’t have an SD Card installed (I do) I’m assuming the fault lies with the SD card so have ordered an SD Card Reader to see if my PC can read the card, will also try in an older phone to see if it works in that.