Slides to Digital

This is the place to discuss cameras, camcorders and anything you want to do in relation to photography. Also home to the 'photography competition'.

Moderators: Kryten, Alan b

Bravoman

Slides to Digital

Post by Bravoman »

There have been a few threads about this in the past but mostly people wanting to do it themselves. I don’t have the photoshop skills to touch the photos up when scanned so want to send them off to be done.

I have less than 100 slides to be scanned and was wondering where the best place to get slides scanned and put onto a disc.

Jessops do a postal service and I’ve seen snappysnaps (?) but don’t live near a branch.

Anyone sent any off and if so who did you use?

Thanks in advance :thumbs:
alsemail

Post by alsemail »

I don't think Jessops or any of the others do anything other than scan them.

To photoshop each picture would cost you a fortune. They might do a basic crop,rotate or colour correction etc via some kind of batch but they won't touch each individual photo up.
Bravoman

Post by Bravoman »

alsemail wrote:I don't think Jessops or any of the others do anything other than scan them.

To photoshop each picture would cost you a fortune. They might do a basic crop,rotate or colour correction etc via some kind of batch but they won't touch each individual photo up.

Sorry, probably didn’t make myself clear. Jessops etc don’t do Photoshop but do (as you say) correct colour and rotate pics. I was on about DIY Photoshop as that’s what previous threads mentioned.

:thumbs: