Photoshop & Lightroom for $9.99 a month

This is the place to discuss cameras, camcorders and anything you want to do in relation to photography. Also home to the 'photography competition'.

Moderators: Kryten, Alan b

Sprout Crumble

Photoshop & Lightroom for $9.99 a month

Post by Sprout Crumble »

https://plus.google.com/101396087935203987162/posts/SzNTVyp2M4q

Finally a good idea. Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5 for, what I assume will be about £7.95 a month. Worth it at last?
Q

Re: Photoshop & Lightroom for $9.99 a month

Post by Q »

Sprout Crumble wrote:https://plus.google.com/101396087935203987162/posts/SzNTVyp2M4q

Finally a good idea. Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5 for, what I assume will be about £7.95 a month. Worth it at last?

£96 a year if they dont increase the price which Im sure they will at some point.
Sprout Crumble

Post by Sprout Crumble »

Apparently they're saying the price is fixed
AndyWilson

Post by AndyWilson »

Even if it's £10/month I'd pay that happily
At The Gates

Post by At The Gates »

Is Photoshop CC the full photoshop? Or is it crippled like Elements is? If it's the full PS i'll be on this as soon as they start selling this subscription.

EDIT: Ah small print. Only available to current owners of CS3 or above. Forget that then. If yoy don't already own it you're stuck with the £50/m for everything deal
the ghost

Post by the ghost »

I thought it was about £18 a month for cc in the uk
Sprout Crumble

Post by Sprout Crumble »

The owning CS3 or above wasn't clear early on, sorry. And it runs out as a deal in December.
Same old crap then.
Q

Post by Q »

When are Adobe going to learn the same lesson as Microsoft and price the software reasonably to cut down on piracy.I know some people will never buy it but at £25 then alot would to avoid the bother of a dodgy one.Maybe if they dont already, have a personal licence for joe public and corporate licence for companies priced higher?
AndyWilson

Post by AndyWilson »

As LR3 doesn't qualify I'm playing "spot the real copy" of Photoshop CS3 on ebay
paulsaz

Post by paulsaz »

Adobe have elements and lightroom for home users. If you want industry grade software you shouldn;t be surprised it's quite pricey. £10/month forever is tempting but remember the second you stop paying you no longer have anything to edit your images in.

I did the education - full ps upgrade years ago and am currently on CS6 which is where I'll stay until this rental trend dies a death and we can go back to owning software again.
Woz

Post by Woz »

Good luck with that - everything software will be rental in the future.
Guaranteed revenue stream and zero piracy is too much for companies to pass up.
Once they also have your data in the cloud they have you for life.
Q

Post by Q »

Woz wrote:Good luck with that - everything software will be rental in the future.
Guaranteed revenue stream and zero piracy is too much for companies to pass up.
Once they also have your data in the cloud they have you for life.

Zero piracy? Rental will die before that happens.Buying software on ebay is probaly more dubious than downloading it unless you find the right seller.

Adobe are like the A:Dpple of the software world
paulsaz

Post by paulsaz »

Not if the public don't buy into it it won't.

CC was cracked within hours, having a subscription rather than sales model makes no difference to that. Seeing phase one and coral dancing for joy and plug in manufacturers move to make their products stand alone tells me not all are convinced adobe are as dominant as they think they are.
clockity

Post by clockity »

This is tempting. The official release is supposedly scheduled for when Lightroom 5.2 is released.
Coolhand

Post by Coolhand »

Watch as a sudden market for CS3 blooms.
At The Gates

Post by At The Gates »

Adobe have now updated the offer to anyone, regardless of whether or not you already own PS.

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom?store_code=gb&locale=en

£8.98/month if you sign up before Dec 2nd.

"This offer includes access to Photoshop CC and Lightroom® 5, plus feature updates and upgrades as they are available; 20GB of cloud storage for file sharing and collaboration; and Behance® ProSite for your own fully customizable professional portfolio. That means you get all the benefits of a Creative Cloud single-app membership for Photoshop CC, but with Lightroom 5 included as well, for a terrific monthly price."
AndyWilson

Post by AndyWilson »

Think I'm going to go for this - only problem is I'll probably need a new laptop to run them!
RobDickinson

Post by RobDickinson »

And probably a new credit card shortly after signing up.

The model, its thrown together architecture and the lack of security dont inspire me.

X360 tag : RobJD
kaneda

Post by kaneda »

"Renewal -
After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering."

Is this interpreted as the "current price for life" or the "the current price when you renew"
paulsaz

Post by paulsaz »

Current when you renew.