The Official flickr thread - part 2

This is the place to discuss cameras, camcorders and anything you want to do in relation to photography. Also home to the 'photography competition'.

Moderators: Kryten, Alan b

Ono

Post by Ono »

I had over a thousand views on a single photo today. Thinking it may be a glitch but maybe not. Referral data doesn't shed much light, just says Unknown.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55439959@N00/5131903766/
driver8

Post by driver8 »

mebbe a popular blog leaching it ?
Ricardodaforce

Post by Ricardodaforce »

Ono wrote:I had over a thousand views on a single photo today. Thinking it may be a glitch but maybe not. Referral data doesn't shed much light, just says Unknown.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55439959@N00/5131903766/

If you do a Google reverse image search you'll see it on lots of Pinterest boards and Tumblr blogs as well as other places. You also need to change your settings because anyone can download the original size image.
RobDickinson

Post by RobDickinson »

Yeah I've had frankly average photos picked up by tumblr bloggers and gone mad for a few days.

X360 tag : RobJD
Ono

Post by Ono »

I liek my coffee photo :suspect:
Woz

Post by Woz »

So...go to Flickr, click on "You", then choose "Photostream". When your photostream appears, click "Edit".

Old view!!!
ArthurDent

Post by ArthurDent »

Thanks Woz, that's much better!
R-T-C

Post by R-T-C »

Heads-up to anyone using an old btinternet account for Flickr Pro access - BT are going to be cutting off all btinternet accounts that are not connected to a broadband account. You can sign up for BTinternet Premium Webmail at a genuinely reasonable £1.60 a month though. There should be an e-mail in your account about this.

Not sure yet if this will affect Flickr otherwise (ie. could you essentially get Flickr Pro for £1.60 a month by signing up to the premium webmail service?)
Mondo Esoterica - cult and obscure film and DVD reviews | Flickr Gallery - British motorsports photography and more.
Boink!

Post by Boink! »

Haven't been going into my Flickr page for a while now, but when I did just now I see this:

Changes to how you access Flickr

Dear BT Yahoo user,

BT has or will be emailing you about moving your BT Yahoo email to BT Mail. Once that move has been made you’ll no longer be able to log in to Flickr using your existing BT Yahoo email address and password.

How to continue using Flickr:

To keep your existing Flickr ID and all your pictures, you must move your Flickr account to an alternative Yahoo ID. This alternative Yahoo ID cannot use your btinternet, btopenworld or talk21 email address.

Important: Before you move your Flickr account, you must be signed out of Yahoo. Here’s how to do it:

Go to yahoo.co.uk
Hover over your profile image at the top right hand side of the page, and select "Sign out" from the menu that appears
Come back to this page and change your login ID here.

If you do not change your login ID, you won’t be able to sign in to your Flickr account once your BT Yahoo Mail is moved to BT Mail. If you have any questions or need additional support, please visit our Help Center.

Thanks,

The Yahoo Partnership Team

Note: When you complete the above actions, you'll be transferred from Flickr Pro to Flickr free. If you wish to upgrade at any time, you can do this via the Flickr website. Flickr subscription upload limits and subscription levels have recently changed and now offer 1 TB of free storage for every user. Please take the time to review these changes so you can make the choice that's right for you.

So BT have dropped Yahoo! as mail provider as it seems it's down to Yahoo being hacked and the BT email accounts being compromised.... So much for the BT Flickr pro user account freebee. Crap.

What have you other Flickr users done?
ChrisBlack

Post by ChrisBlack »

Boink! wrote:
So BT have dropped Yahoo! as mail provider as it seems it's down to Yahoo being hacked and the BT email accounts being compromised.... So much for the BT Flickr pro user account freebee. Crap.

What have you other Flickr users done?

I've had to sign up for a Yahoo emither address, but since doing so, I've now got ad's on my Flickr pages for the first time ever :( Flickr have graciously offered to allow me to keep my Pro account, which I'm inclined to do, as its not too much money.

BT can go **** themselves up their stupid asses as my inter web provider now. :razz:
R-T-C

Post by R-T-C »

Funny thing is I have not used BT in about 4 years for my web, I just kept the e-mail and thus the free Flickr.
Mondo Esoterica - cult and obscure film and DVD reviews | Flickr Gallery - British motorsports photography and more.
ChrisBlack

Post by ChrisBlack »

R-T-C wrote:Funny thing is I have not used BT in about 4 years for my web, I just kept the e-mail and thus the free Flickr.

Neither have I. The point was that with the old BT and Yahoo affiliation, you got a Pro account, gratis. Now that BT have unaffiliated from Yahoo, I too will (and have) a free account and those bloody annoying adverts. I wouldn't mind the free account, if it weren't for the ads.
Boink!

Post by Boink! »

Anyone else have a flickr invite to get "Your Flickr photos featured on CrowdMedia"?

Hi Spookygonk,

You take beautiful, authentic photos and I'd love to add some of your Flickr photos to CrowdMedia's collection in a profile made just for you, with your copyright and your attribution.

CrowdMedia is a new place where thousands of photographers like you reveal how they see our world and get their photos discovered by publishers.

To help you get more visibility, we might push some of your photos to editorial publishers (no commercial use).
If they select your photo, they pay a fee and we share half the revenue with you through Paypal. There is no work for you, we take care of everything.

You automatically get a link back to your Flickr with your CrowdMedia profile. And you can add a link to your personal website as well in your CrowdMedia profile.

It is always free for photographers. There is no obligation. You can opt-out when you want in 2 clicks.

If you want to try, all you have to do is answer Yes and I will send your photos’ link in crowdmedia.co when it is done.

Thanks,

Martin
mailto:?subject=&body=
crowdmedia.co
+1.514.743.6801
Ricardodaforce

Post by Ricardodaforce »

Boink! wrote:Anyone else have a flickr invite to get "Your Flickr photos featured on CrowdMedia"?

Yes.
dataloss

Post by dataloss »

Yup
Boink!

Post by Boink! »

And did you sign up for it?
dataloss

Post by dataloss »

I want to find out more about it first and if it's on the up and up, I saw one thread from April claiming it was legit.
Boink!

Just a friendly reminder that your Flickr Pro account has expired.

Post by Boink! »

Any reason why I should bother with paying for Ad-Free or Pro as the basic free package has everything I want?
Q

Post by Q »

Boink! wrote:Any reason why I should bother with paying for Ad-Free or Pro as the basic free package has everything I want?

NO!
Boink!

Post by Boink! »

Thought not.

:thumbs: