The XBox One Thread Pt3 - discuss!

Discuss the latest PC and Console games here. All discussions not specifically related to gaming should be posted to the Computing Forum. Please note that we do not allow the discussion of console related products which promote software piracy.

Moderators: The Bear, Bish, driver8, cjanderson

JohnMac

Re: The XBox One Thread Pt3 - discuss!

Post by JohnMac »

It appears nobody on my friends list is playing Riders Republic which is a shame at best, a travesty at worst. Riders Republic is the Forza Horizon of extreme sports, done right!

I could write lots of paragraphs about why I think Riders Republic is worthy of your time but instead these are some clips I made and you can see how varied the game is and the freedom it gives you.

https://gameclips.io/JohnMacUK
vaderag

Post by vaderag »

JohnMac wrote:It appears nobody on my friends list is playing Riders Republic which is a shame at best, a travesty at worst. Riders Republic is the Forza Horizon of extreme sports, done right!

I could write lots of paragraphs about why I think Riders Republic is worthy of your time but instead these are some clips I made and you can see how varied the game is and the freedom it gives you.

https://gameclips.io/JohnMacUK
Oh, I'll play it. But I never buy ubisoft games at launch as they drop so quickly usually (Valhalla the exception, which I'm still waiting on)

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

AdamBrunt

Post by AdamBrunt »

So my son has a new XBox controller ( possibly an X/S one ) for his XBox One.

The problem is ... his existing Venom rechargeable battery packs no longer fit How can this be a thing ? Grrrrrrr
T4V

Post by T4V »

AdamBrunt wrote:So my son has a new XBox controller ( possibly an X/S one ) for his XBox One.

The problem is ... his existing Venom rechargeable battery packs no longer fit Image How can this be a thing ? Grrrrrrr
Always go official, lessons learnt
vaderag

Post by vaderag »

AdamBrunt wrote:So my son has a new XBox controller ( possibly an X/S one ) for his XBox One.

The problem is ... his existing Venom rechargeable battery packs no longer fit Image How can this be a thing ? Grrrrrrr
Sure they won't just jam in? I had a tight one once but it did go in and work fine

AdamBrunt

Post by AdamBrunt »

T4V wrote:

He did. Both controllers are official ones; the first one is the robot white XBox One controller, the new one is the blue XBox One X/S controller.
vaderag wrote:

Sure they won't just jam in? I had a tight one once but it did go in and work fine

Will try that later. Worse case he just gets normal rechargeable batteries/charger
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

There is a difference in size between the battery compartment on the xbox one controllers and the ones for the x/s

I had to replace my venom battery pack/charger when I went from xbox one to xbox series x.

The good news is that the new venom charging stations come with seperate battery packs and backs of controllers with fittings for both the series x/s and One....so even though I'm using my old xbox one controller with the xbox series x, the new venom pack replaced the battery in both my new and old controller.

Thanksfully, the venom charging stations/battreries are dirt cheap.

This is what I bought - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08K9WQ849
AdamBrunt

Post by AdamBrunt »

oldskool wrote:There is a difference in size between the battery compartment on the xbox one controllers and the ones for the x/s

I had to replace my venom battery pack/charger when I went from xbox one to xbox series x.

The good news is that the new venom charging stations come with seperate battery packs and backs of controllers with fittings for both the series x/s and One....so even though I'm using my old xbox one controller with the xbox series x, the new venom pack replaced the battery in both my new and old controller.

Thanksfully, the venom charging stations/battreries are dirt cheap.

This is what I bought - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08K9WQ849
Thanks - at least I know I am not going mad Image
T4V

Post by T4V »

AdamBrunt wrote:
T4V wrote:

He did. Both controllers are official ones; the first one is the robot white XBox One controller, the new one is the blue XBox One X/S controller.
vaderag wrote:

Will try that later. Worse case he just gets normal rechargeable batteries/charger
I mean the battery packs
vaderag

Post by vaderag »

For the record, Psychonauts 2 is fantastic. It's been an absolute age since I played the last one, but this is almost exactly what I remember the old one being, zany, crazy fun

T4V

The XBox One Thread Pt3 - discuss!

Post by T4V »

Can anyone explain to me why I have to pull the plug 2-3 times a week to get FH5 to reconnect to The eliminator and tour games? Is any other way I can do this having to get off my arse as it’s becoming a pain.

Restarting doesn’t fix it.
JohnMac

Post by JohnMac »

Shadowman has got a cracking remaster. Not only great lighting, better textures etc but whole levels have been added back into the game. Lots of other quality of life improvements such as better camera, controls and even a weapon/item wheel. Highly recommended.