The XBox One Thread Pt3 - discuss!

Discuss the latest PC and Console games here. All discussions not specifically related to gaming should be posted to the Computing Forum. Please note that we do not allow the discussion of console related products which promote software piracy.
vaderag

Re: The XBox One Thread Pt3 - discuss!

Post by vaderag »

I'm such a douche
I traded in Forza Horizon 3 a few weeks back thinking that I'll never need that as it's on gamepass
Except it's not on gamepass, that's FH4
Which would be fine, except I've bigged up the Hot Wheels DLC which I do own to the kids
And FH3 has gone end of life, so you can't buy it any more except for paying massively over the odds given its age
So now they want to play that, and I have no way of playing it.
As I say, douche

Anyone know where I can get a cheap code for it?!!

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

T4V

Post by T4V »

vaderag wrote:I'm such a douche
I traded in Forza Horizon 3 a few weeks back thinking that I'll never need that as it's on gamepass
Except it's not on gamepass, that's FH4
Which would be fine, except I've bigged up the Hot Wheels DLC which I do own to the kids
And FH3 has gone end of life, so you can't buy it any more except for paying massively over the odds given its age
So now they want to play that, and I have no way of playing it.
As I say, douche

Anyone know where I can get a cheap code for it?!!

Errrr

…. No
T4V

Post by T4V »

£20 at CDkeys
vaderag

Post by vaderag »

T4V wrote:£20 at CDkeys
Yeah. And numnuts here traded it for a cool £5...

JohnMac

Post by JohnMac »

I’m sure I used to have Super Monkey Ball skills back in the day. I don’t think it is that I have lost those skills. It used to feel like you controlled and tilted the level / world and the monkey in the ball moved accordingly, but now it feels more like you are moving / controlling a monkey in a ball with less precise, less responsive controls.

Loads of content from SMB 1 and 2 including a very generous supply of mini games, unlockable modes, characters etc. The missions keep you earning more points which can be spent in the in-game shop.
vaderag

Post by vaderag »

You definitely tilted the world..I still play on Gamecube

JohnMac

Post by JohnMac »

You do still tilt the world in this latest one but it still feels different. I used to play it on GameCube as well.

You can play as different Sega characters for all of the story mode content if you like. For instance, playing as Sonic turns all the bananas into gold rings - all of a sudden it’s a Sonic game.
vaderag

Post by vaderag »

JohnMac wrote:You do still tilt the world in this latest one but it still feels different. I used to play it on GameCube as well.

You can play as different Sega characters for all of the story mode content if you like. For instance, playing as Sonic turns all the bananas into gold rings - all of a sudden it’s a Sonic game.
Oh that's interesting. Despite having all these already I'm kinda tempted. But playing on the cube has such nostalgia for me I'm not sure the remake will live up to it...

JohnMac

Post by JohnMac »

Only played a bit of Far Cry 6 but it does look really good. Even the tutorial island looks a decent size sandbox to get used to everything. Technically it looks great on Series S so no complaints there. I do wonder if Far Cry is moving so far towards Just Cause territory that stealth is going to be less viable this time around, or going that route would mean missing out on much of what the game has to offer. I recently started Assassins Creed Origins and now I’m about level 20 I’ve fully embraced the jack of all trades, stealth/archery/combat depending on situation approach. So maybe mixing things up is the way to go here as well.

With that said, I particularly like the inclusion of those blue coloured trails that criss cross the island. It perfectly reflects the duality of the oppressive regime’s strongholds and use of the main roads with the Guerrilla fighters using their own hidden network to traverse the area. Really makes it more immersive if you want that experience. Of course with fast travel, vehicles and a wing suit there are more immediate options to getting around as well.
JohnMac

Post by JohnMac »

JohnMac wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:31 pm
GTA Trilogy - Remaster?

I would love the rumours about the GTA trilogy being remastered in Unreal Engine 4 to be true. It would be a good homage to get the trilogy rereleased to mark the 20th anniversary of the release of GTA III later this year.

I hope they don’t make changes to the content for reasons of political correctness though.

Just a follow up to my post back in August - so it is definitely happening. I would say keep your expectations in check though. The announcement on Rockstargames Newswire talks a lot more about GTA Online than ‘Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition’.

I’m looking forward to just being able to play GTA III and Vice City again to be honest. Expect slightly better textures but essentially the cities looking exactly the same; better lighting (probably the highlight of the improvements); faces looking a bit better; smoother animations and different control schemes to choose from from Classic to more recent types.
JohnMac

Post by JohnMac »

I installed San Andreas before all digital versions of the original trilogy of games were purged. It disappeared from my ready to install list but managed to install it via the store before it got removed. The Xbox version which is itself a port of the mobile version isn’t great. In fact, you can say a lot more bad things than good things. It has missing content and features, very few options (it doesn’t even have a blips only option like the original). I wonder how much of the original soundtrack will get removed from these games this time around.
vaderag

Post by vaderag »

This is off topic so apologies, but a few of you seem to have knowledge of Microsoft deals... Anyone know how to get a good price on Microsoft 365 Family?
I see some codes on eBay for <£40 but not sure how much I trust them

JohnMac

Post by JohnMac »

Rumours that the backward compatibility programme may burst back into life to mark Xbox’s 20th anniversary on November 15th. Some of these will almost certainly be existing 360 BC titles getting framerate updates but we could see some new additions to the backwards compatibility library as well.
JohnMac

Post by JohnMac »

Tried doing all the tags in Los Santos this morning. Started the mission where you do the first handful of tags, didn’t drive into the mission marker where the first tag is done for you and instead did the remaining tags first. Great strategy because during the mission you have a spray can with infinite paint. I had planned to leave those six mission tags until the end.

Anyway, got the tags into the mid 60s and the game froze. Started again, got to 80 and it crashed again. The Xbox version which is a port of the inferior mobile version doesn’t seem very stable. Trying to be clever didn’t help me there. Will probably do 20 at a time if I even try again with this version of the game. But won’t use the infinite spray can trick again, the game is too unstable.
JohnMac

Post by JohnMac »

The more I see of Riders Republic the more excited I’m getting. It might be more of an arcade style game than Steep was but the different disciplines look interesting. Mountain bikes obviously offer something similar to Downhill Domination. But you also have snowboarding and skiing; and wingsuit and rocket wingsuits. The map looks a decent sized environment - I watched a video of somebody rocket wingsuiting from one corner of the map to another. It also has some more advanced trails that are reminiscent of the Trials series and you might need to switch to a first person rider view to be more precise.

Check out some YouTube videos from the Beta if you haven’t already.
JohnMac

Post by JohnMac »

As rumoured it has now been confirmed that the GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition release date is November 11th. There is a trailer on the Rockstargames website along with a list of quality of life and graphics enhancements.

https://www.rockstargames.com/GTATrilogy
AdamBrunt

Post by AdamBrunt »

JohnMac wrote:As rumoured it has now been confirmed that the GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition release date is November 11th. There is a trailer on the Rockstargames website along with a list of quality of life and graphics enhancements.

https://www.rockstargames.com/GTATrilogy
It is also, apparently, available to download now but not playable til the 11th
JohnMac

Post by JohnMac »

Not quite, you can pre order it and it will install on your Xbox but only about 280MB for each game. The three games also appear separately in your library unlike Mass Effect trilogy. Physical release date is December 7th, digital is November 11.

I believe if you have Game Pass you can play San Andreas Definitive Edition from November 11.
Last edited by JohnMac on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T4V

The XBox One Thread Pt3 - discuss!

Post by T4V »

AdamBrunt

Post by AdamBrunt »

JohnMac wrote:Not quite, you can pre order it and it will install on your Xbox but only about 280MB for each game. The three games also appear separately in your library unlike Mass Effect trilogy. Physical release date is December 7th, digital is November 11.

I believe if you have Game Pass you can play San Andreas Definitive Edition from November 11.
Ah yes, sorry. Misread your post thinking it was about San Andreas specifically Image