General PlayStation/PSN(+)/Now/PSTV/VR Thread

Discuss the latest PC and Console games here. All discussions not specifically related to gaming should be posted to the Computing Forum. Please note that we do not allow the discussion of console related products which promote software piracy.
eye__writ

Post by eye__writ »

Smash41 wrote:My copy of Returnal turned up early and its fantastic. It really has that "one more go" factor. Looks beautiful on PS5 too!
I've not been particularly impressed by the visuals I've seen. Doesn't look like anything that couldn't have mostly been achieved on last gen hardware. No better than DOOM for instance.

And things like shooting statues until they explode into a load of voxels looks initially nice but then they vanish from the floor immediately, which is disappointing for next gen.
Xbox Live Gamertag: Absinthe Miasma
the_daddy

Post by the_daddy »

Finally managed to get my hands on a PS5 (Argos).

Astro's Playroom is a great little nostalgic trip down memory lane, put a good few hours into that already.

Booted up Wreckfest not really expecting anything special and was happily blown away. I'm in awe of the replays, the damage physics are superb, best fun I've had with a racing game since the destruction derby days on ps one! Cracking game!

The load times are impressive, really impressed with the way the new dualsense is being implemented, cracking piece of kit.

Still yet to give Maquette and Bugsnax a go.
PSN - the_daddy2009
Jabbitt

Post by Jabbitt »

the_daddy wrote:

Booted up Wreckfest not really expecting anything special and was happily blown away. I'm in awe of the replays, the damage physics are superb, best fun I've had with a racing game since the destruction derby days on ps one! Cracking game!

The load times are impressive, really impressed with the way the new dualsense is being implemented, cracking piece of kit.
Perhaps I should give this another chance. I started a career which has you bashing lawn mowers. It did not impress. Perhaps I should persevere.

To be honest, my PS5 is an upgraded PS4 at the mo. I won mine with a copy of Dirt 5 which I've touched twice. I was not expecting to see frame rate drops on a PS5 game.

However, Days Gone runs beautifully at a full 60fps. Subnautica is beautiful and is getting a proper PS5 update patch.

I've just finished Last of Us Part 2 which is now my favourite game ever. Also, I should get back to Jedi Fallen Order which also runs better but I think it's getting another PS5 upgrade patch later in the year.

The only true PS5 game I might get at the moment is Subnautica: Below Zero. Hopefully Sony will announce more games for it, oh and an update patch for Red Dead 2 wouldn't go amiss either.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk
"I'm not even supposed to be here today!"
T4V

Post by T4V »

I’d like to upgrade to the PS5 version of Wreckfest but it’s not recognising my PS4 save, I was nearly level 40 I’m not doing it all again :mad:
Jabbitt

Post by Jabbitt »

T4V wrote:I’d like to upgrade to the PS5 version of Wreckfest but it’s not recognising my PS4 save, I was nearly level 40 I’m not doing it all again :mad:
Have you tried using a USB transfer? I had trouble using the cloud service to transfer my Subnautica save between machines, so in the end I did it manually with a USB stick.

T4V

Post by T4V »

Jabbitt wrote:Have you tried using a USB transfer? I had trouble using the cloud service to transfer my Subnautica save between machines, so in the end I did it manually with a USB stick.

The game and save is on the PS5, and I played it probably more than any other game on the PS5 but the new version doesn’t see it.

Frankly it’s impossible to tell which version of the game I want to run as the only way I can it’s by looking at the level I load in at.
Jabbitt

Post by Jabbitt »

That sucks!

Smash41

Post by Smash41 »

The saves for Wreckfest don't carry over from PS4 to PS5. Devs decision to do it that way.
T4V

Post by T4V »

Smash41 wrote:The saves for Wreckfest don't carry over from PS4 to PS5. Devs decision to do it that way.

Frankly that’s just stupid… I won’t be going back
Jabbitt

Post by Jabbitt »

It looks like the same thing has happened with Subnautica as the PS5 upgrade is out today. Due to formatting (their words) you can't load a PS4 save into the PS5 game.

the_daddy

Post by the_daddy »

Am I correct in thinking the free version of Subnautica (Play at home) will benefit from the PS5 upgrade? Not played that at all yet so looking forward to that one. Do games like TLOU 2 and RDR2 receive any improvements on PS5? Only ever played RDR2 on the base PS4.
PSN - the_daddy2009
Jabbitt

Post by Jabbitt »

I haven't been home since, so can't confirm but if you downloaded or claimed the free Subnautica, you can download the PS5 version for free, it's a separate game I understand.

TLOU2 plays as if it was on a Pro machine, I don't think there's any PS5 upgrade.

I haven't researched, but I don't think RDR2 has any upgrade. I presume it plays the pro version of there is one.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
Jabbitt

Re: General PlayStation/PSN(+)/Now/PSTV/VR Thread

Post by Jabbitt »

To those of you who own Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, there is now a free upgrade to a "proper" PS5 version and the Xbox Series X as well.
This next-gen release provides the best possible way to experience Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on consoles, bringing the following technical improvements:

Higher Resolution Textures & Assets
4K/HDR Resolution
Improved 60 FPS Performance (It also includes two graphical settings on Xbox Series X and PS5: performance mode (ON) - 1440p resolution at 60fps, and performance mode (OFF) - 4K resolution at 30fps.)
Significantly Faster Loading Times
T4V

General PlayStation/PSN(+)/Now/PSTV/VR Thread

Post by T4V »

Anyone fancy a Firmware 9.00 beta test code?

YOUR VOUCHER CODE:

FJG4-QFNA-JGAQ

You've been invited to help test the PlayStationImage4 System Software 9.00 Public Beta. Your participation is very important to us and we look forward to receiving your feedback.

Please note that, because this is a beta test, features may change before the full release of the features in the future.

Main features updated in this System Software Beta Program version
• You can now view trophies for PS5 games on PS4
• In Messages, if you're the owner of a group, you can now delete it. Open the options menu, and then select [Delete Group]. If you delete a group, it will be deleted for all members.
• Now when you block someone, you can choose to also leave the group that only you and they are in at the same time. You won't leave groups that include other players.

Other update features
• When a child requests to use communication features for a game, their parent or guardian will receive a notification on the PS4 and PlayStation App.
Please note: before you start, we strongly recommend that you back up your important data before downloading the beta software.

Please see below for more information on how to start the beta on your PlayStation 4 console and how to help us test the beta.

Your beta voucher code can be redeemed by up to 20 qualifying accounts, so feel free to share it with friends that you know are happy to receive it (they must be over 18 years old to participate).

YOUR VOUCHER CODE:

FJG4-QFNA-JGAQ
Code expires: 31 October 2021
T4V

Re: General PlayStation/PSN(+)/Now/PSTV/VR Thread

Post by T4V »

Well something odd happened to my PS5, I lost sound with no amount of resetting brought it back. Hard resetting didn’t help nor did rebuilding databases and Full reset of settings. I was getting desperate so off hand I tried swapping the HDMI cable for the Series X’s, And the sound is back … the Series X doesn’t mind the swap at all and runs through the cable and the TV input, so now off to relabel the inputs on the TV….