HALF PRICE: Affinity Designer / Photo/ Publisher (alternatives to ADOBE)

Post any bargains you find on your internet travels here. Make sure you read the additional <a href="http://thedvdforums.com/forums/showthre ... 686">Terms and Conditions</a> before posting and don't break the law.

Moderators: Kryten, Alan b, Bish

driver8

HALF PRICE: Affinity Designer / Photo/ Publisher (alternatives to ADOBE)

Post by driver8 »

<a data-source="forums" data-type="Skimlinks" href="http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=3973X63 ... 2Fen-gb%2F" class="affiliatelink">Affinity</a> >> Designer / Photo/ Publisher - about £24/ea (try paying in $ too).

50% discount for iPad, MacOS and Windows versions.

Popular alternative to Adobe software - much cheaper, and no continuous subs. Buy GB!

Serif is a privately owned British developer and publisher of software, founded in 1987. It provides software and associated products direct to customers through its website and contact centre in the United Kingdom.

| initiative-Q = free cash! | flickr | FB | eos6d | erazer x6807 | marantz+canton 5.1 | benq w1090 | dt990 | paperwhite | lenovo a10 | redmi note 9s |
dunkieboy

Post by dunkieboy »

Thanks! I already own Photo but a colleague might need it. It runs perfectly on my old ElCapitan 2011 laptops, my MacMini M1s and everything in between - amazing software, Adobe won't get my money.
dunkle

Post by dunkle »

I have affinity on iPad. I guess for older macs it’s a separate app
GodBlessTheUSA

Post by GodBlessTheUSA »

driver8 wrote:<a data-source="forums" data-type="Skimlinks" href="http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=3973X63 ... 2Fen-gb%2F" class="affiliatelink">Affinity</a> >> Designer / Photo/ Publisher - about £24/ea (try paying in $ too).

50% discount for iPad, MacOS and Windows versions.

Popular alternative to Adobe software - much cheaper, and no continuous subs. Buy GB!

Serif is a privately owned British developer and publisher of software, founded in 1987. It provides software and associated products direct to customers through its website and contact centre in the United Kingdom.

I already have Photo and Publisher (and both iOS apps) but I'm ashamed to say I haven't been able to afford Designer so I've been using a 'Jack Sparrow' copy, but I love the software so much I decided to buy the legit copy, unfortunately money is still tight so I had to resort to paying for it in $ which saved me around £5... But I'm ok with that as I paid in £ for all their other apps! :thumbs:

The best thing I did was move to Affinity from Adobe... I haven't looked back!
fivebyfive

Post by fivebyfive »

Got all 3 programs during the easter (?) sale and they are great.

Also no ***** adobe CC style launcher that is bloatware and makes you update programs before uninstalling them :cuckoo:
"Eat the multi-billion dollar corporate slop and pretend it's social justice, you weirdos"
scoobyood

Post by scoobyood »

Another recommendation from me, brought Affinity Photo from the Windows store a few years back and it's a great application. Absolute bargain at the full price even.

I do wish they had a RAW photo manager to replace Lightroom. Think they'd do a good job at it..
driver8

Post by driver8 »

Supporting the creative community

For almost a year now, the COVID-19 pandemic has continued to severely impact people all over the world, not least in the creative community. Last year, to support that community, we made all our apps free for anyone to use for 90 days. We were humbled and overwhelmed by the response.

When that offer ended, it appeared things were getting better and we all hoped that by now the situation would have continued to improve. Sadly, it’s clear that the pandemic continues to have a serious impact and so once again we are offering a 90-day free trial of the Mac and Windows versions of the whole Affinity suite for anyone who wants to use them. Even if you used the trial last year, you can do it again. There’s also a 50% discount if you would prefer to buy and keep the apps, including our iPad versions, as well as a half price offer on all content in the Affinity Store.

The thoughts of all of us at Serif remain with everyone affected by this crisis. We wish you well.
driver8

Post by driver8 »

Been umm-ing and aah-ing, but decided to use $75 of my PayPal balance to get these.

Still way cheaper for lifetime use (even after 2.0 versions come out) than my Adobe LR/PS annual sub.
ArthurDent

Post by ArthurDent »

Just gone for Photo, a steal at £23.99. :thumbs:
driver8

BUMP!

Post by driver8 »

Still available at 50% off. Free trials, too.