THE BARGAIN FORUM RULES

Post any bargains you find on your internet travels here. Make sure you read the additional <a href="http://thedvdforums.com/forums/showthre ... 686">Terms and Conditions</a> before posting and don't break the law.

Moderators: Kryten, Alan b, Bish

nmirza

Post by nmirza »

I'm new to this voucher thing. I just checked with one retailer to confirm that a particular voucher is valid, but having read the OP and a few other websites, can retailers (after having been validated during check out and them sending you the invoice detailing what you are going to be charged, etc) suddenly decide that the voucher you used was not applicable and then claw back the difference from you?
Guest 33467

Post by Guest 33467 »

nmirza wrote:I'm new to this voucher thing. I just checked with one retailer to confirm that a particular voucher is valid, but having read the OP and a few other websites, can retailers (after having been validated during check out and them sending you the invoice detailing what you are going to be charged, etc) suddenly decide that the voucher you used was not applicable and then claw back the difference from you?

no.
nmirza

Post by nmirza »

Alan b wrote:NOTE: Retailers still retain the right to cancel any voucher applied to an order if they feel that they terms and conditions of the voucher were not met. We hold no responsibility if the voucher is removed from your order and you are charged full price!

This is the bit that got me worried.
Guest 33899

Post by Guest 33899 »

snowball wrote:no.

Shop Direct Group will.
Guest 9814

Post by Guest 9814 »

Excuse my ignorance if I've missed it, but is there a "definitive" list of sites where we aren't allowed to link Bargains from?
driver8

Post by driver8 »

yes - check the very 1st post
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

tpr007 wrote:Excuse my ignorance if I've missed it, but is there a "definitive" list of sites where we aren't allowed to link Bargains from?

Do you mean retailer or other bargain sites?

There is only one retailer which we can't mention and we don't like links to any other bargain site that contains affiliate links.

You can't post vouchers for the companies listed in the first post
ColinP, Administrator
The Digital Fix
Guest 9814

Post by Guest 9814 »

ok
1st post says ********* and shopto can't be discussed? Is that ok.
Alan b

Post by Alan b »

That is right as per what is the FAQ says.
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Shopto shouldn't really be in there. We're no longer sending traffic via our affiliate link to them though./
ColinP, Administrator
The Digital Fix
Guest 7445

Post by Guest 7445 »

can classified ads on ebay be posted? i've found a good bargain, and the seller has multiple items at the same fixed price. does this fall into the "allowed" category?
Alan b

Post by Alan b »

If it is via a ebay shop then it can be posted.
Guest 7445

Post by Guest 7445 »

hmm, well there's no shop as such, but the seller is registered as a business seller and is a powerseller. that any good? and he does sell this thing all the time so its not like he's just got the one item
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

I think it's fair enough to post it :)
ColinP, Administrator
The Digital Fix
Guest 7445

Post by Guest 7445 »

excellent :) i'll post!
Coolio

Post by Coolio »

Am I good to post a bunch of Sky codes freely available instore at BestBuy? The bargain I have posted already, but not the codes yet.
Guest 76385

The Hills is great..

Post by Guest 76385 »

The pseudo-improvised reality series “The Hills,” as it plays out beyond MTV, on tabloid covers and in nearly every other byway of the modern media, is above all a vicious decimator of hope. It mocks our hearts; it plays with our allegiances, and we welcome the abuse.
Television Review: 'The Hills,' a Follow-Up to 'Laguna Beach,' Makes Its Premiere on MTV (May 31, 2006) During its third season, which picks up again on Monday after a three-month hiatus, “The Hills,” set among young aspirants of the Hollywood Hills’ music and fashion industries, has continued to track the emotional warfare between former best friends Lauren and Heidi, while delving more deeply into the twistedness, gaslighting and superficiality of the boyfriends who ensure that the tortured rivals treat each other like Crips and Bloods. The show that looked, in all of its Antonioni-esque plotlessness and dreamy cinematography, at the ignominies of youthful friendship has turned toward the more conventional cruelties that good-looking playboys perpetrate on young women who wear low-rise pants and put on boots in warm weather.
Defying our expectations, Heidi has emerged as a kind of feminist hero thisseason, climbing her way to a bigger position at the event-planning company where she orchestrates Nascar parties, and refusing to acquiesce to the demands of her fiancé, Spencer, that she get herself home on time. Her career-mindedness sets their relationship off course. Heidi identifies the problem with no name: a boyfriend who sits around an apartment decorated to look like an ’80s video arcade while trying to deny Heidi a real wedding with the glory of registering. Her groundswell of self-assertion begins when he insists on eloping, prompting Heidi to declare, “This isn’t, like, Spencer’s relationship and you decide what we do.”
The Hills DVD 1-5
The Sopranos DVD 1-6
Monk DVD 1-8
The Tribe DVD 1-5
True Blood DVD 1-2
The Office DVD 1-6
Entourage DVD 1-6
The Simpsons DVD 1-21
Queer as Folks DVD 1-5
Guest 80889

Response to artilce

Post by Guest 80889 »

Ya that's great I knew it this information is here, I collect it, so much authentic I loved it, thanks for sharing

Professional CV Writers
Guest 83621

Post by Guest 83621 »

Yeah - wise decision. The amount of traffic produced from here in contrast to the less critical deal websites will absolutely be quite small. I am also assured you would respond to particular problems in an established way.
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

We have now SIMPLIFIED the rules! We've removed specific retailer restrictions and rules around vouchers.

We will monitor things but as long as you don't break the law or our terms and conditions we're happy to loosen the lead here a little now :)
ColinP, Administrator
The Digital Fix