The F1 2020 Thread

Discuss all forms of sport from abseiling through to erm... zebra riding.

Moderators: cjanderson, The Bear, Bish, driver8

mjr

Re: The F1 2020 Thread

Post by mjr »

So they've decided to do something about the cars bouncing rather than leave it to the teams. Apparently it will start with looking at the wear of the plank and skid blocks etc as an immediate measure and then trying to define a way of monitoring the problem with sensors on the car and setting limits. Then in following years likely some regulation changes. Will be interesting to see how much changes in Canada this weekend as it's a street track...
mjr

Post by mjr »

Alonso first and Vettel third fastest in FP3... what year is this again?! Qualifying could be interesting if conditions are similar.
mjr

Post by mjr »

Vettel driving the 1992 Williams FW14B today:
https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/ ... 7336528898

Seb actually owns that car himself but I think he said that's the first time he's driven it.
mjr

Post by mjr »

Really enjoyed the racing up front at Silverstone, especially with five different constructors in the top six places and a first Sainz win!

F1 has posted a video of the last few laps after the SC restart from the on-boards and Norris's visor camera:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvGhMTiAf8o

Just a reminder for tomorrow that it's a sprint weekend in Austria so if you want to watch or record qualifying it's mid-afternoon on Friday.
mjr

Post by mjr »

With the imminent closure of the forums I just wanted to say all the best and thanks to everyone that posted in the F1 and General Motorsports threads over the years - sharing debates, laughs, high emotions, triumphs and unfortunately occasionally tragedy along the way.

I really enjoyed the discussions we've all had in these threads over a great many years - even at the height of the pandemic where we found ourselves talking about virtual racing for a while to keep ourselves entertained until real world racing could start up again. Thanks T4V for doing so much to try and keep the discussion going before the season started this year (and sorry I wasn't around at the time!) If anyone's looking for somewhere dedicated to discuss motorsports the forums at Autosport are very active (my username over there is ArchieTech incidentally.)

"Box, box, box. Retire the car..."

All the best everyone :thumbs:
T4V

Post by T4V »

Oh hell, I wasn’t aware, but also not surprised

Got a link to the autosport forums?
mjr

Post by mjr »

T4V wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:30 pm Oh hell, I wasn’t aware, but also not surprised

Yeah I only noticed the announcement yesterday afternoon myself:
viewtopic.php?f=152&p=10399639
Got a link to the autosport forums?
Sorry I should have included that... here it is:
https://forums.autosport.com/forum/2-racing-comments/
(That's the Racing Comments part where most of the discussion happens.)