Welcome to The New Digital Fix

dvds2000

Re: Welcome to The New Digital Fix

Post by dvds2000 »

Kryten wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:52 pm
farmroad38 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:52 am It's a damning comment on the new ownership that a spam post in the announcements forum is still there after a couple of days. Would never happened when Colin was in charge.
I did not see any report and had been offline with a sick kid at home. I just took care of it. :thumbs:
I think the point is that no one from the staff noticed it.
Think it's safe to say this unfortunately is going to be added to the list of very good forums that have died, in the near future :(
Bravoman

Post by Bravoman »

dvds2000 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:09 pm
Kryten wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:52 pm
farmroad38 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:52 am It's a damning comment on the new ownership that a spam post in the announcements forum is still there after a couple of days. Would never happened when Colin was in charge.
I did not see any report and had been offline with a sick kid at home. I just took care of it. :thumbs:
I think the point is that no one from the staff noticed it.
Think it's safe to say this unfortunately is going to be added to the list of very good forums that have died, in the near future :(
I can understand why Colin got fed up with it, but the move has killed the forums, very sad.
jmdomain

Post by jmdomain »

I can see now it looks better than it was a month ago when it just seemed to be non-stop ads. Seems a lot more useable now.

Only thing I would recommend is a New Posts button link next to where you see Quicks Links and FAQ above (Place it next to FAQ) as I think it gets lost in the quick links section (people might not know to click quick links to get the new posts).

Having a New Posts specific link would mitigate that and is how I browse the forums when I come back on after a while and probably how most people browse it without the email notification if a discussion thread has been updated.

Sad to see The Music Fix go. A lot of people put a lot of time and effort in to that and its previous iteration (CD Times).
driver8

Post by driver8 »

I just use my bookmark for NEW POSTS >> search.php?search_id=newposts