Mechs vs Minions: I don't think "Wow!" covers it...

Discuss board games here!
Wendelius

Mechs vs Minions: I don't think "Wow!" covers it...

Post by Wendelius »

When Riot (makers of League of Legends) create a boardgame, they obviously pull all the stops.

They just lifted the NDA on what seems to be an absolutely beautiful co-operative programming (where you pre-issue commands to your characters and see them play out, sometimes with hilariously bad results) with a ton of super high quality components:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_OD_c0SWF-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You don't need to know the PC game to play this one. It simply re-uses some of the characters as heroes. But doesn't share mechanics with its PC counterpart.

It's out next month and I want it so much...

Announcement trailer:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wpTLGIe8iEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wendelius
MetalGearAl

Post by MetalGearAl »

Definitely wouldn't buy this, but would love to give it a go.
queeg500

Post by queeg500 »

Yeah me too. Not really my kind of game, but it looks well made so I can understand the excitement!
Wendelius

Post by Wendelius »

As someone who owns and enjoys Robo Rally, I think it's going to be quite a bit of fun. We've had some fun time watching our little robots careening out of control because of an unexpected game event.

This one adds co-op, missions and a campaign/Legacy-light aspect. I think those will add to it. And still with your mechs getting damaged and suddenly turning left when they shouldn't with disastrous effects.

Programming games are certainly not everyone's cup of tea though.

Wendelius
queeg500

Post by queeg500 »

Definitely, I wasn't criticising it, it sounds great! I just tend to go for heavy-ish euros :)
Wendelius

Post by Wendelius »

Didn't think you were. :)

I sometimes enjoy heavy-ish euros too. Though that tends to be with my grown up gaming group. The family and kids are more into more directly rewarding games.

Which is all good. I get to play both. :thumbs:

Wendelius
queeg500

Post by queeg500 »

:thumbs:

Our son is 18 months old. He's a bit young yet, but I'm looking forward to introducing him to games :D