Good 5-player games

Discuss board games here!
MetalGearAl

Good 5-player games

Post by MetalGearAl »

Having a few friends visit on Saturday and we plan to play a whole bunch of games. There'll be 5 of us in total. I have a few 5 player games but a good few of the ones I have are 4 players max.

With that in mind, what are your recommendations for games that play well with 5 (maybe 6) players?

For the record, already have (not the full list but will help to whittle down suggestions):

• Kingdom Builder + 5th player exp
  • Settlers + 5th player exp
  • One Night Ultimate Werewolf
  • The Resistance
  • Ticket To Ride
  • Letters From Whitechapel
  • Camel Up
  • Coup
  • Infiltration
statto

Post by statto »

Do you want recommendations from that list or other suggestions?

Carcassonne plays fine with five and is cheap. Keyflower is just an awesome game, and plays up to six. Shadows Over Camelot is excellent fun and plays up to seven (five players is probably the sweet spot).
Joober

Post by Joober »

Cash n Guns is a really good laugh
Forum Moderator
MetalGearAl

Post by MetalGearAl »

Sorry, i didn't make it clear. Wanted options not on the list as looking for new games :)

They actually have Shadow Over Camelot, and we haven't played that yet, so definitely need to try that!
Flopsy

Post by Flopsy »

Killer Bunnies plays well with large groups, especially when everyone gets in the mindset of being evil. Has the (slight) downside of still being essentially random who wins at the end - you just improve your chances by playing well.

Munchkin also works well with larger groups.

Both games work best when everyone is willing to backstab everyone else and any alliances and grudges are fleeting rather than persistent.

Also, with five players, both games would benefit from an expansion or two to bulk out the card stacks. KB comes with the first expansion nowadays in the base set, so is probably enough, but be aware you need to get the expansions in order for it to make sense. Munchkin is slightly more flexible, but again, I'd stick with the release order if you are buying the boxes, but you can add flavour using the smaller 15-card add-ons as you see fit.
nutter45

Post by nutter45 »

7 Wonders