Squid Game

Discuss TV series here - this is a forum for discussion, spoilers etc of current and past TV shows.

Moderators: Kryten, Alan b, Bish

oldskool

Squid Game

Post by oldskool »

**** me was this good!

Proper binge worthy tv, other half and I made our way though it in one day after going in completely blind.

Once you realise where it's going, it does hit some familiar beats borrowing from things like
[SHOW]
Hostel and Battle Royale
(spoilered just in case people want to watch it completely blind like I did) but we were on the edge of our seats all the way through it
Wowbagger

Re: Squid Game

Post by Wowbagger »

I thought it could have been done much better, and in fewer episodes. Once I got about two thirds of the way through, I only persevered because I was near the end. I spent much of the last two episodes yawning.
CLH

Post by CLH »

I liked it but it's good not great and certainly goes downhill in the last two episodes.
cliff homewood

Post by cliff homewood »

I don't get why its netflixs most popular show when Alice in Borderland came out less than a year ago doing exactly the same thing.

All i can guess is the rise of tiktok as hear its having loads of memes on there, and its visuals are better than Alice's for providing memes I imagine. Have only seen the first ep so far but have seen all of Alice in Borderland, which I prefer going on first eps. At least its deadly games had a logic to them for people to work out whereas this one sounds like its just going to be kids games. Didn't fully get the squid game when he explained it, but no matter. Sounds like their version of british bulldog.
CLH

Post by CLH »

Squid game does have relevance. Eventually.
driver8

Post by driver8 »

AdamBrunt

Post by AdamBrunt »

Slowly making my way through this ... my word, the
[SHOW]
marbles
episode is superbly written. Image
AdamBrunt

Post by AdamBrunt »

But then you feel kind of cheated out of the emotional investment you put into that episode when watching the finale Image

Very good overall
[SHOW]
even though the VIPs were just badly written, and acted, to the extent they almost made me switch off
but IMHO the final 3 episodes lets it down which is such a shame