Loki

Discuss TV series here - this is a forum for discussion, spoilers etc of current and past TV shows.

Moderators: Kryten, Alan b, Bish

cjanderson

Re: Loki

Post by cjanderson »

Finished it and missed any post credit scenes, silly to randomly include them occasionally!

Was Kang “he who remains” or someone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Xeon007

Post by Xeon007 »

cjanderson wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:21 pm Finished it and missed any post credit scenes, silly to randomly include them occasionally!

Only thing at the end of the credits was a little message to let you know Loki will be back for a second season.

Yes "He Who Remains" is (a version of) Kang.
The Bear

Post by The Bear »

Xeon007 wrote:
cjanderson wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:21 pm Finished it and missed any post credit scenes, silly to randomly include them occasionally!

Only thing at the end of the credits was a little message to let you know Loki will be back for a second season.

Yes "He Who Remains" is (a version of) Kang.
There was a post credits scene in Episode 4 too.
eye__writ

Post by eye__writ »

Well, after all the jizzing on social media, that was just ok.

Another Disney+ show with promise that remained frustratingly unfulfilled.
The Bear

Post by The Bear »

I really hope this was intentional and planned. It certainly makes sense regarding the plot.

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/marvel-f ... a-rewatch/
Psycho

Post by Psycho »

Can anyone help with my understanding of the timelines of the films and 'Loki' and how they join up?

My memory isn't great, I can't remember everything from the films and they have blurred together.

Is the following correct?

Movie Timeline:

Loki travels back from ‘Endgame’ to ‘Avengers Assemble’, gets the Infinity Stone after the New York battle and then traveled back to ‘Endgame’ but was killed by Thanos.

TV Show Timeline:

When Loki travels back to ‘Endgame’ after getting the Infinity Stone a new timeline/Loki variant is created at that point. That Loki isn’t the same Loki from the movies after that point, i.e. he hasn’t experienced what happens in the films that come after Avengers Assemble that featured Loki - Thor: The Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War or Avengers: Endgame but he has experienced everything that came before?

But wouldn’t he have experienced those things if he’s a variant created of the Loki that travelled back from ‘Endgame’?

Maybe I’m overthinking it and variants don’t work like that?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Xeon007

Post by Xeon007 »

Original timeline:

Loki attacks New York in 2012. Loses, Thor takes him back to Asgard. Skip forward a few movies to Thor Ragnarok. He escapes Asgard with the Tesseract (space stone). Start of Infinity War, Thanos kills Loki after getting the stone.

Funky timeline from Endgame:
The Avengers go back to 2012 when Loki is attacking New York. They accidentally let him escape when they give him the space stone.

Loki timeline:
The variant that escapes from New York has the same memories up to 2012, after that it's all new. When he sees his file in the TVA that's the first time he's seen everything that happened after 2012 (including Thanos killing him).
Psycho

Post by Psycho »

Thanks for that! :thumbs:

That's cleared up my questions about 'Loki' and they where mainly based on my misremembering of the movie timeline and events, i.e. Loki didn't go back to 2012 with the Avengers in 'Endgame' and there was only one Loki in that timeline, he just happened to escape this time.