Are OnBuy.com reliable?

Want to know where to get a product or discuss a particular retailer - either on-line or off? Mobile phone suppliers are to be discussed in the Mobile Phone Forum.

Moderators: Kryten, Alan b

Raigmore

Are OnBuy.com reliable?

Post by Raigmore »

Up to now I had never purchased anything from OnBuy.com but I just saw what apeared like an unresistable bargain. I wanted the 4K disc of Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets and it was priced at £19.25 on Amazon and £19.99 at HMV, Zavvi etc. But it was advertised for £6.99 on OnBuy! I first thought it as a mistake and it was just the 'straight' blu ray, but the heading, description and picture were all of the 4K disc and so I placed the (free delivery) order.

The order confrmation e-mail confirms that it is the 4K disc. I assume that it will be brand new and factory sealed. The seller, Top-pickers99 has a 5/5 rating and claims that it is new.

Have I just been lucky or made a mistake?
driver8

Re: Are OnBuy.com reliable?

Post by driver8 »

Never heard of them myself (no biggie) but they look legit. The few 'bad' reviews seem largely to be late or problem deliveries.

Raigmore

Re: Are OnBuy.com reliable?

Post by Raigmore »

I think the delivery time depends on the seller. The one I bought Valerian 4K from quotes 7 to 8 days for delivery but for such a bargain it is no problem whatsoever.