Does anyone have any clue how to contact TopCashBack?

Want to know where to get a product or discuss a particular retailer - either on-line or off? Mobile phone suppliers are to be discussed in the Mobile Phone Forum.

Moderators: Kryten, Alan b

Does anyone have any clue how to contact TopCashBack?

Postby Shingster » Wed May 12, 2021 2:48 pm

I have almost £35 in my account payable from a transaction a few months back, but I can't get it to pay out because it just takes me to a page saying my email isn't authenticated (even though I have no problems logging in with it), and when I click on the "send email to authenticate" link I just get an error page with a dog waving at me.

Their customer service section is a maze of fraud, meticulously designed to make it completely impossible to actually contact their customer service or open a support ticket. It's just a bunch of automated questions and if your question doesn't match the 6 different automated statements in their ****** ******* database, you just end up with "your term didn't match any search results message". No ******* **** my search didn't match, I have a very specific and technical issue! :brickwall

Does anyone have any clue how to contact these con artists? I've tried their automatic email verification service (which is a link that lets you send an email to them with the topic "authenticate" and they supposedly authenticate you email"), but nothing seems to have happened yet.

Their "whoopsie daisie" error page even tells me this: "If this error persists, then please feel free to contact us with this error code:634844970". As you might have guessed, there's nowhere on their ******* website to enter an error code! I've dealt with some frustrating automatic customer services before but this one truly takes the cake!

My last resort will be to completely trash them on TrustPilot, seems they have someone responding to that on there.

I think it's Quidco or no go next time, not that I expect this company to be any better.
Shingster

Postby scoobyood » Wed May 12, 2021 2:56 pm

What even are these sites? They throw you a few pennies in exchange for mining your personal data and logging your transactions?? Very weird. Doesn't seem remotely worth it. Prices when using their referral link are probably automatically hiked the same percentage as the discount. Just buy stuff cheaper in the first place.. :shrug:
scoobyood

Postby Shingster » Wed May 12, 2021 3:16 pm

I bought a VPN at the lowest price I could find in a sale and got £33.36 cashback on top. I rarely use cashback sites unless they benefit me a significant amount, which is why I was so slow to claim this cashback as I use them so infrequently I simply forgot! :doh:

With the cashback - IF I get it of course, then the cost of the VPN becomes something stupidly cheap like around £12 for two years subscription (I forgot the actual amount I paid for it now, but it was around $60).
Shingster

Postby Wooglie » Wed May 12, 2021 3:36 pm

Don't you just go here:
https://www.topcashback.co.uk/account/enquiries/tickets/submit/

An example for scoobyood I signed up for Disney+ in 2020 for their pre-order price of £50 and got £15 cashback making the first year only £35.
Wooglie

Postby GregB » Wed May 12, 2021 6:43 pm

scoobyood wrote:What even are these sites? They throw you a few pennies in exchange for mining your personal data and logging your transactions?? Very weird. Doesn't seem remotely worth it. Prices when using their referral link are probably automatically hiked the same percentage as the discount. Just buy stuff cheaper in the first place.. :shrug:

It's all about knowing what you should be paying. I use Quidco and always check prices before going through their links to and then but accordingly.

I'm not a huge user of them by any stretch but I've picked up almost £2500 in the 10 years I've been using them.
GregB

Postby Shingster » Thu May 13, 2021 6:01 am

Wooglie wrote:Don't you just go here:
https://www.topcashback.co.uk/account/enquiries/tickets/submit/

An example for scoobyood I signed up for Disney+ in 2020 for their pre-order price of £50 and got £15 cashback making the first year only £35.
Weird, when I got to that page yesterday via the maze of their website it didn't have anywhere near as many options in the drop down menu! Most options require my order to load up inside their options and my VPN order doesn't show up, so they're a dead end for me, but from your link I have the "Other" option, which allows me to simply explain my situation. Gonna takke a few days for them to get back though IF they get back at all, but thanks! :thumbs:
Shingster

Postby farmroad38 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:07 am

I've never had any serious problems with Topcashback (including contacting them when cashback goes missing), and I've certainly never paid more just to get cashback - why would anyone do that?
farmroad38

Postby shteve » Thu May 13, 2021 12:44 pm

scoobyood wrote:What even are these sites? They throw you a few pennies in exchange for mining your personal data and logging your transactions?? Very weird. Doesn't seem remotely worth it. Prices when using their referral link are probably automatically hiked the same percentage as the discount. Just buy stuff cheaper in the first place.. :shrug:

You only go via their link once you've found what you want to buy (and how much it is). I've had about £1500 from them over the years. Last time I used them was in April where I got £15 back from a £450 BBQ purchase - if I'd not used them it'd have cost me £450. The most I've ever had back in one transaction was £100 back for a £1200 holiday.
I've got a signature and an avatar :p
shteve

Postby farmroad38 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:56 pm

I've tried in the past to get various people to use cashback sites, or my own referral links when I was helping my son raise money for a charity trip. More often than not they've refused, purely down to not understanding how affiliates and referrals work and being absolutely certain that it means they're having to pay more otherwise "where does the money come from?" :oh-hum:
farmroad38

Postby scoobyood » Thu May 13, 2021 1:09 pm

Knowing fully how affiliate programs work but also knowing how poorly many companies mine, re-sell, manage/store and generally mistreat personal data... I still wouldn't touch any of them with a bargepole. If the service is free.. you are the product...
scoobyood

Postby cjanderson » Thu May 13, 2021 1:54 pm

this thread reminded me to check out quidco, which I had made 98p in the last 12 months.

They seem to have some weird premium service which charges you £1 if you use it any month, though charges from pre April 2020 seem to be fairly random amounts!

So that's downgraded and I'll look into it again if I decide to do something wild like book a holiday anytime soon!
cjanderson

Postby farmroad38 » Thu May 13, 2021 2:03 pm

I do hope you put on your tin foil hat before you logged in.
farmroad38

Postby scoobyood » Thu May 13, 2021 2:12 pm

farmroad38 wrote:I do hope you put on your tin foil hat before you logged in.

https://www.databreaches.net/two-cashback-sites-leaked-data-of-3-5-million-users/
scoobyood

Postby shteve » Thu May 13, 2021 4:21 pm

scoobyood wrote:Knowing fully how affiliate programs work but also knowing how poorly many companies mine, re-sell, manage/store and generally mistreat personal data... I still wouldn't touch any of them with a bargepole. If the service is free.. you are the product...

My understanding is that where cashback is offered there is an affiliate link where the seller pays the affiliate an amount of money for driving the business there. The cashback sites are sharing some of that affiliate money with you.
I've got a signature and an avatar :p
shteve

Postby jockosjungle » Sat May 15, 2021 2:52 pm

I've had over £3000 from them, gives me a steady stream of vouchers and cash. Yeh it's 2p on a Dominos pizza or something, but sign up for BT broadband or something and it can be £200. I hardly pay a penny for broadband, normally its £30 a month new customer, £200 cash back, maybe £50 amazon voucher. Switch around when your intro rate runs out.

Same with car and home insurance.

You can basically keep yourself in free audible for life, £10 when you sign up for three months for £12, then cancel, agree to a free book for not cancelling, then cancel. Then repeat every so often when they let you.
jockosjungle

Postby Shingster » Wed May 19, 2021 3:35 am

Eventually got this sorted via the link wooglie posted, had to open a ticket and wait for them to respond.
Shingster

Postby jockosjungle » Fri May 21, 2021 10:37 am

Yeh they are pretty good. I've never had a problem, sometimes doesn't track but they do find it and add it.

Just got myself a £75 primark voucher this week, get meself some new threads!
jockosjungle

Return to Suppliers and Shopping Forum