Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gadgets and Gizmos > Mobile Phone and Satellite Navigation Forum

Notices

Old 16-10-2019, 11:12   #1
Bravoman
Trusted User

Micro SD card cloning.

Hope this is the right forum to ask this.

My phone keeps throwing up messages saying poor read/write performance with the installed Micro SD card. I’m ordering a new one but wondered if I can clone the original card? Last time I replaced one and copied everything across it deleted all the folders my photos were stored in and put them in one big block, I spent hours going through the photos and setting up folders to put everything back in. I would like to avoid this chore if possible.

Thanks in advance
Bravoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 11:24   #2
target
Trusted User

Thanked 4,358 Times in 1,961 Posts
I'm not sure what you did last time to have that problem but yes, it's just as simple as copying the files and folders from the old card to the new one. It's worth making sure you have Windows explorer set to show hidden and system files so you don't miss anything
target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 11:42   #3
Bravoman
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by target View Post
I'm not sure what you did last time to have that problem but yes, it's just as simple as copying the files and folders from the old card to the new one. It's worth making sure you have Windows explorer set to show hidden and system files so you don't miss anything
Thanks very much. Will give it a try...it also happened to my girlfriend when she got a new SD card too.

Also don’t know if anyone else has had same trouble but my phone did some form of update last night and it’s renamed most of my photo folders (mainly by adding a 1 after every photo name) and split some photos into 2 folders and now won’t let me transfer them back into the original folder. I think it’s a Honor/Huawei update rather than android as it’s still running 9.1
Bravoman is offline   Reply With Quote