Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 16-04-2014, 21:13   #1
Alan b
Administrator

Thanked 1,285 Times in 581 Posts
The Manchester City Thread 2013/2014

Continued from here:

http://forums.thedigitalfix.com/foru...d.php?t=623511
Old 16-04-2014, 21:26   #2
stu_69
prohibido

So the day it comes out that city players are the highest paid sportsmen in the world they don't turn up.

Will this impact pellegrini's job?
Old 16-04-2014, 21:30   #3
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_69 View Post
So the day it comes out that city players are the highest paid sportsmen in the world they don't turn up.

Now't like a good bit of **** stirring when we don't win. You can enjoy City's poor result without dashing on here to post.
Old 16-04-2014, 21:37   #4
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:

Are city the highest paying club, maybe, but the figures in that article are wildly inaccurate, a good 60 to 70m out, maybe even as high as 100m out, and if they are that for us they will probably be as bad for other bits too, so take it with a pinch of salt.

It was a poor result no doubting it, as for pellagrini's job, the goals set have been publicly announced and wildly publicised. I doubt he will be going anywhere just yet.

Last edited by Grunge; 16-04-2014 at 21:43.
Old 16-04-2014, 21:41   #5
stu_69
prohibido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysmith View Post
Now't like a good bit of **** stirring when we don't win. You can enjoy City's poor result without dashing on here to post.

Excuse me but you can untwist your knickers. I am not stirring any ****. The salary story is top of the page on the bbc.

Did they turn up tonight?

As for the manager he's failing more so than the previous one.
Old 16-04-2014, 21:46   #6
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

You suddenly decided to post straight after a bad result a negative story about City and then question out managers position. Let's think if you drop points to Norwich and I jump on the Liverpool thread about some negative story about Liverpool and then don't expect a reaction! You kidding!?!?

I'll give it a go if it happens
Old 16-04-2014, 22:38   #7
stu_69
prohibido

Quote:
You suddenly decided to post straight after a bad result a negative story about City and then question out managers position. Let's think if you drop points to Norwich and I jump on the Liverpool thread about some negative story about Liverpool and then don't expect a reaction! You kidding!?!?

I'll give it a go if it happens

Don't be such a baby. You can post whatever you like in the Liverpool thread. Is the wages a negative story? I didn't present it as such, I just pointed out that the best paid sportsmen in the world didn't turn up for their well paid jobs tonight. That's not me posting something negative seeing as tonight's performance was very negative anyway. I wasn't impolite nor was I in any way antagonising.

And I asked the forum city fans if this seasons results will have any impact on the manager. I'm sorry if I am not allowed to ask questions. Is this thread just for mourning?

You are gobby enough when you are sitting on your throne. Don't get all arsey with me because your team is losing.
Old 17-04-2014, 06:11   #8
Rob
Indie Author

Quote:
I just pointed out that the best paid sportsmen in the world didn't turn up for their well paid jobs tonight.
It's a fair point Stu. Although it's always every match that counts, there are always a few key matches where a team can look back and point out where they've lost the title. If that's the way it turns out I think that in City's case, they should by asking themselves why they put on such a limp display immediately after losing to our rivals (Norwich after Chelsea and last night).

As for Pellegrini, I think that he is safe. I've just heard his interview where he said that last night wasn't enough and that his team were still thinking about the Liverpool match - it's an honest and sobering assessment.

His 2nd year in the job is where I will truly judge him - he's had a year to experience the Premier League and I think he's done pretty well on the whole. A few bad selections (should have played Garcia as an extra midfield on Sunday for example, but what do I know?) but as "The Engineer", I'm confident he will fine tune the engine room ready for next year.

Finally, in my post last night, I neglected to mention Jovetic - came on a sub and pulled off some smart flicks and passes. I hope he is luckier with injuries next season because he's a bit like Silva in that he's somebody we can build a lot of attacks around.

Last edited by Rob; 17-04-2014 at 06:25.
Old 17-04-2014, 09:29   #9
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post

His 2nd year in the job is where I will truly judge him - he's had a year to experience the Premier League and I think he's done pretty well on the whole. A few bad selections (should have played Garcia as an extra midfield on Sunday for example, but what do I know?) but as "The Engineer", I'm confident he will fine tune the engine room ready for next year.
Yep same here, I've questioned a few of his decisions, like playing Demichelis all the time, playing Aquero/Negredo last night was a gamble that they would just tick again like before Christmas that didn't pay off.

But all in all a lot of his decisions have been dictated by injury, Im pretty sure Demichelis wouldn't have played as much as he had if Nastasic had been fit.
Old 19-04-2014, 20:58   #10
Rob
Indie Author

So what do we think of the PFA Player of the Year awards? Yaya Toure nominated - he has scored some fantastic goals this season, but I'd place Silva and Fernandinho ahead of him.

Whilst Yaya can be a bit hit and miss (admittedly more hit this season), the other two are consistently brilliant. Bar a few games injured, Silva has been pure quality, pulling of passes that most other players can only dream of. Considering it's his first season in England, Fernandino has set a very high standard and his discipline is a major reason why Yaya has looked so good.
Old 19-04-2014, 21:02   #11
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
So what do we think of the PFA Player of the Year awards? Yaya Toure nominated - he has scored some fantastic goals this season, but I'd place Silva and Fernandinho ahead of him.

Whilst Yaya can be a bit hit and miss (admittedly more hit this season), the other two are consistently brilliant. Bar a few games injured, Silva has been pure quality, pulling of passes that most other players can only dream of. Considering it's his first season in England, Fernandino has set a very high standard and his discipline is a major reason why Yaya has looked so good.
Bloody African players always overrated

Silva is the best player I have seen live in the Premier this season by a country mile
Old 19-04-2014, 22:29   #12
Rob
Indie Author

Quote:
Bloody African players always overrated

Silva is the best player I have seen live in the Premier this season by a country mile
And he's been even better when playing as part of a front two over the last few weeks. I'm thinking when everybody is fit that it should be Aguero and Silva up front with a packed midfield behind.

I really hope Jovetic plays on Monday, especially if Silva is not fit.
Old 21-04-2014, 20:58   #13
Rob
Indie Author

A win was the important thing, but we certainly looked flat in the 2nd half. Aguero and Silva departing leaves us looking a little short of inspiration, although Jovetic played another interesting cameo and may well have to fill in for Silva at the weekend. Hope the injury is not too serious.
Old 21-04-2014, 21:35   #14
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

3 points in the bag and I believe that Jose can take 3 points, but can we win all of our Remaining games
Old 21-04-2014, 21:48   #15
Barny79
Trusted User

Is Negredo out of form?
Old 21-04-2014, 22:20   #16
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny79 View Post
Is Negredo out of form?
Yep, 13 games without a goal. It's since he damages his shoulder. Apparently one of his longest droughts. I think it will one take 1 to open the flood gates again. He is scoring in training tho.

Good win for us, really not good about silva, hopefully it's not as bad as it looked.
Old 23-04-2014, 10:43   #17
Grunge
Trusted User

Silva confirmed as 2 to 3 weeks out which is a relief, when you see someone stretchered off its usually a lot longer than that.
Old 23-04-2014, 11:02   #18
Rob
Indie Author

Doesn't help us, but I'm glad that he'll be able to play in the World Cup.
Old 23-04-2014, 11:13   #19
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
Silva confirmed as 2 to 3 weeks out which is a relief, when you see someone stretchered off its usually a lot longer than that.
He is the main man who helps break down defensive teams like Palace. City's player of the year for me
Old 23-04-2014, 16:23   #20
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Doesn't help us, but I'm glad that he'll be able to play in the World Cup.
He might make it back for the last match or 2 so it may be that he can help us out.
Closed Thread