Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Books and Comics Discussion

Notices

Old 12-03-2016, 09:29   #1
Wowbagger
Allahu Akbar

33 Years A Messiah - temporary Kindle freebie!

They (a couple of agents) said it was unmarketable, so it got shelved until e-readers came along. It's been out a while and this post is the only marketing it's had so far. I may have written it but I sure as hell didn't put my real name on it!

It's about Jesus! And for the next 2 days it's free! Knock yourselves out, kindlers!

Here it is.

The formatting on the 'look inside' link appears to me to be a bit of a mess, but I can assure you that the full thing is quite neat. And has some pictures in.

'...for it is written that, on the third day, the price will rise again.'

Last edited by Alan b; 25-03-2016 at 17:33.
Wowbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:37   #2
Taq
Evil Scientist

Sounds fun!
(Tip: probably not a good idea to do one about the Quran)
Old 12-03-2016, 18:25   #3
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,004 Times in 709 Posts
Cheers I'll have it!
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 20:47   #4
Rob
Indie Author

Downloaded cheers
Old 13-03-2016, 10:18   #5
Ratfink
Cranky ol' dog

Yeah, downloaded. Sounds like my cup of tea too.

Cheers, WB.
Ratfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 09:43   #6
Wowbagger
Allahu Akbar

... and it's back to costing real money now!

Based on downloads via this thread and the kindle bargain one it peaked at about 1,150 in the overall kindle freebie chart, and somehow #1 in the '>teen/young adult>biography' category. I'm buggered if I know how that happened, but there you go. One day I might look into a proper marketing strategy.

Thanks to all who expressed an interest. And should anyone gain any enjoyment from it... please shout out!
Old 14-03-2016, 11:00   #7
Rob
Indie Author

It's next on my read when I finish my current book, so expect a review on here (and Amazon) in 3-4 weeks.
Old 25-03-2016, 10:12   #8
Rob
Indie Author

Wowbagger, I've just finished your novel and I have to say that I absolutely loved it.
There are several laugh-out-lound moments and I think that you've found a unique voice in the way you've taken the reader through the events.

I've posted a review on Amazon so hopefully it will be processed and up soon, but here's what I've written.

The life story of Jesus Christ, as you've never heard it before (unless you've seen the "Life of Brian"). That's what I thought before picking up this book, but to be fair, the author has managed to bring his own unique voice to the fore. He's certainly found a lot of good comedy angles that even the Python team didn't exploit and I loved the way that he's framed the key Biblical events through modern parlance. So we get to visit areas of the
Middle East where even the Google Map camels didn't venture, see St.Peter as the support act at the legendary Sermon On The Mount concert
and witness Jesus's bitter rivalry with Death, who misses claiming another victim merely because he turns around to get a vol-au-vent at the wake! JC himself gets some great quotable lines: ""Come out in your own time. Whenever suits you best, Lazarus".
Best of all is the summary of the Old Testament where we hear of the rumoured part the B&Q paint mixing man played in creation, Jacob changing his name to avoid copyright issues with a well-known manufacturer of cream crackers, a liberation force named Moses and the Assyrians steaming in to give Bob Marley something to wail about.
You don't have to be religious to enjoy what is a fine romp and an extrememly well written book. I'd hope that if you are a devout Christian, you'd see the funny side (unlike the Bishop featured in the foreward). To quote the author himself, "It's the best thing till sliced bread!"
Old 25-03-2016, 13:27   #9
Wowbagger
Allahu Akbar

Cheers Rob... I had actually just seen it before I looked in here. Glad you enjoyed it, and I really appreciate the review.

If I get a few more like that I might have to get the next one finished off and published.
Old 25-03-2016, 17:45   #10
Rob
Indie Author

No worries. You and Taq publishing your books have spurred me on and I'm hoping to have my book on Amazon in the next 12 months. I've picked up the writing after leaving it for 6 years.