Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Film Discussion > Cinema @ The Digital Fix Comments

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 11:15   #1
Guest 10924

[Cinema Review] The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn

Comments attached to the Cinema Review 'The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn' on Cinema @ The Digital Fix

Steven Spielberg finally manages to bring his version of Tintin to the screen, with a little help from some friends......

Click here to read!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:15   #2
Guest 45

Quote:
the exploits with the rocket launcher in an Arabian coastal town perhaps take things a little too far into mindless mayhem
Actually, I thought that scene was by some distance the film's most technically impressive. It looks as though it was shot in one continuous take, in a way that would have been impossible to achieve in a live-action film. And because of the lack of cutting, the 3-D process really comes into its own, as Spielberg stages multiple action sequences on multiple planes, complete with falcon swooping in and out of the frame, in a way that almost completely converted a 3-D sceptic like me.

Spielberg has always known exactly where to put the camera, even when it's moving rapidly at the time - and this sequence confirms that his spatial sense is pretty much perfectly attuned to 3-D as well.
Old 10-11-2011, 13:01   #3
gZa
Trusted User

Hear, hear!