Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Notices

Old 16-04-2018, 13:26   #3721
aliman5000
Clown X

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post

Brilliant

Even when we’re winning the title we’re rubbish and need to spend big?! He should try supporting City.
Old 16-04-2018, 14:26   #3722
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,068 Times in 761 Posts
Not sure he's going to look good asking to offload Pogba after spunking close to £100m on him not so long ago and replacing him with some quality.
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 18:28   #3723
Rob
Indie Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryKrinkle View Post
Congrats to City though on their purchase of yet another title
Commiserations to United on placing two £80M+ chips on red, and the ball rolling into black.

The problem, as has been well documented by better analysts than me, is that United are buying mega-bucks big-time Charlie superstars instead of focussing on the areas of real needs. I can't see you winning the title with those full backs, for example. This was the problem we had last year, and yes Pep spent big, but look at the return - and that was without Mendy!

Last edited by Rob; 16-04-2018 at 18:31.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 19:10   #3724
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliman5000 View Post
Brilliant

Even when we’re winning the title we’re rubbish and need to spend big?! He should try supporting City.
It's what happens when you've built your success on the back of glory supporters as United have to some extent. They joined up in the mid 90's, sort of stuck around and now just whinge that they're not winning every single game. They've grown up to adults and are stuck with the team, back in the day they'd have switched teams.
Old 16-04-2018, 20:04   #3725
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Commiserations to United on placing two £80M+ chips on red, and the ball rolling into black.
Into blue, surely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
The problem, as has been well documented by better analysts than me, is that United are buying mega-bucks big-time Charlie superstars instead of focussing on the areas of real needs. I can't see you winning the title with those full backs, for example. This was the problem we had last year, and yes Pep spent big, but look at the return - and that was without Mendy!
Not sure about Sanchez, but Pogba made a degree of sense at the time as we'd been lacking in that area for years.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 17-04-2018, 13:27   #3726
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Into blue, surely?

Not sure about Sanchez, but Pogba made a degree of sense at the time as we'd been lacking in that area for years.

Pogma never made any sense, he was poor in the Euros & I said so here, but of course you only like to quote me out of context to get brownie points from other fools.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 13:43   #3727
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
Pogma never made any sense, he was poor in the Euros & I said so here, but of course you only like to quote me out of context to get brownie points from other fools.
We've been crying out for midfielders since Hargreaves left, so a dynamic player like Pogba was at Juventus made total sense. I never go off a player's performance in an international tournament, why judge someone over half a dozen games?

The quotes had nothing to do with Pogba, and were very much in context, I don't give a **** about 'brownie points', just the moaning of entitled glory seekers.

Old 17-04-2018, 15:15   #3728
HenryKrinkle
Clean, like my conscience

Quote:
We've been crying out for midfielders since Hargreaves left, so a dynamic player like Pogba was at Juventus made total sense. I never go off a player's performance in an international tournament, why judge someone over half a dozen games?
...but we can judge him over 2 seasons now and he is most certainly not the answer to our problems. He's failed to step up to the challenge, his consistency is woeful and his attitude is increasingly suspect. Rumours flying around that Maureen's willing to sell him...I'd actually have a little more respect for Jose if he does just that. More worryingly, Rashford is also mentioned in the rumour mill exodus!

Quote:
...just the moaning of entitled glory seekers.
...hope you don't mean me, been a fan since the early 70's...probs why I love the FA cup so much, that's all we won back then
Old 17-04-2018, 15:27   #3729
MaxNutter

Quote:
...but we can judge him over 2 seasons now and he is most certainly not the answer to our problems. He's failed to step up to the challenge, his consistency is woeful and his attitude is increasingly suspect. Rumours flying around that Maureen's willing to sell him...I'd actually have a little more respect for Jose if he does just that.
sure, he's been less than impressive and a shadow of the player he was at Juventus. Let's see what he does in the World Cup, his value may go up!

Quote:
More worryingly, Rashford is also mentioned in the rumour mill exodus!
Aren't people getting carried away with this? Mourinho has named the (seven?) players he "trusts", and so the press are presuming that anyone else is on the transfer list of something.

Quote:
...hope you don't mean me, been a fan since the early 70's...probs why I love the FA cup so much, that's all we won back then
Nah, stand down, not you. More aimed at those who don't ever seem to be happy. I loathe to quote Shankly, but one of his fits here.
Old 17-04-2018, 15:41   #3730
MICON
Trusted User

You are having a personal dig at me because I say it, like it is. It seems that most fans agree with me based on forums & the radio. You on the other hand consistantly try to up poor performances, & yet it is I, who once again, is right. There is no 'glory seeking' in watching poor performances, whoever the team. I've watched United go down, I listened to the european games in the 60s/70s on the car radio freezing to death, because it was all I could afford back then, I put up with United when Frank O'Farrell was manager, I've seen & heard it all, So... NONE of you give me the 'glory seeker' ********.
Old 17-04-2018, 15:45   #3731
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

There is no way Pogba's value will be higher than what you paid for him ... unless there is some dodgy financial dealing going on. And as others have said ... why would any board give more money to a manager who spends £90M on a player only to use him wrongly and sell on at a loss 2 years later?

The reality is City have barely spent much more than you ... they have just spent it better. You could almost buy a whole XI for the price you paid for Pogba and 1/2 others.

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 17-04-2018 at 15:47.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 15:50   #3732
MaxNutter

Quote:
You are having a personal dig at me because I say it, like it is. It seems that most fans agree with me based on forums & the radio. You on the other hand consistantly try to up poor performances, & yet it is I, who once again, is right. There is no 'glory seeking' in watching poor performances, whoever the team. I've watched United go down, I listened to the european games in the 60s/70s on the car radio freezing to death, because it was all I could afford back then, I put up with United when Frank O'Farrell was manager, I've seen & heard it all, So... NONE of you give me the 'glory seeker' ********.
Jeez, is your comma key stuck?

How are you "right"? "Right" about what exactly?
And where does it seem that "most" fans are agreeing? On Red Cafe and Talk *****?

I agree, some performances have been poor, we've been disappointing, but it's clearly getting better (albeit a little slowly).

I quoted your posts yesterday to illustrate that you are never happy, regardless of how we are doing, even when Fergie was getting us to the ******* Champions League final you were moaning! RVN was ****, the players were a disgrace, the club is in decline, it's every ******* time we play.

You must have been a barrel of laughs when O'Farrell was in charge, or when the Doc took us down.
Old 17-04-2018, 15:52   #3733
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
why would any board give more money to a manager who spends £90M on a player only to use him wrongly and sell on at a loss 2 years later?
Mourinho didn't sign Pogba, the board did. It was agreed before Jose joined.
Old 17-04-2018, 20:36   #3734
andybhoy
Trusted User

Quote:
You are having a personal dig at me because I say it, like it is.
I’m not having a pop but I have to take issue with anyone who ever says that they tell it like it is.

Telling it like it is, is nothing more than strongly expressing an opinion - it does not make the opinion expresser right.
andybhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 08:25   #3735
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybhoy View Post
I’m not having a pop but I have to take issue with anyone who ever says that they tell it like it is.

Telling it like it is, is nothing more than strongly expressing an opinion - it does not make the opinion expresser right.
Your are correct, but most of the points I mentioned in the past, (that I was vilified for at the time), have turned out to be true. One point alone is, I have constantly said Pogba was a poor player for us (apart from a couple of games) & now most people including (it seems ) Mourinho agree with me. The problem with some people on these forums is they just cannot face the truth of what is happening, & prefer to make silly sarcastic posts against me, rather than admit they were wrong.
Old 18-04-2018, 12:24   #3736
aliman5000
Clown X

Quote:
Your are correct, but most of the points I mentioned in the past, (that I was vilified for at the time), have turned out to be true. One point alone is, I have constantly said Pogba was a poor player for us (apart from a couple of games) & now most people including (it seems ) Mourinho agree with me. The problem with some people on these forums is they just cannot face the truth of what is happening, & prefer to make silly sarcastic posts against me, rather than admit they were wrong.

Planet Micon must be a lonely place.
Old 18-04-2018, 14:58   #3737
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliman5000 View Post

Planet Micon must be a lonely place.
Do you have anything useful to contribute to the United forum, or are most of your posts going to be personel ones about me? If you can't talk about United then **** off.
Old 18-04-2018, 15:02   #3738
aliman5000
Clown X

Quote:
Do you have anything useful to contribute to the United forum, or are most of your posts going to be personel ones about me? If you can't talk about United then **** off.
Everyone here tries to talk about Utd, then you turn up with your big rattle and dummy shouting 'I'M RIGHT I'M RIGHT, RED CAFE ******** ********'.

Old 18-04-2018, 17:48   #3739
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Quote:
You seem to feel you have an entitlement to win every single game by a wide margin and anything less is unacceptable. It's perfectly glory supporting, you genuinely can't seem to handle it when they lose, even when they win it's often not good enough and wanting a complete team overhaul and a new manager.

If you remember the poor years like you claim (my personal bet is a 1994 convert) then why not enjoy the relative goodness of being 2nd in the best league in the world and winning more often than not.
Old 18-04-2018, 19:27   #3740
MaxNutter

See he's selected a prove yourself 11 tonight (barring Dave)