Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Notices

Old 16-09-2018, 09:01   #4081
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockosjungle View Post
You beat a decent Watford side, can't you take any sort of pleasure from it?
Non whatsoever. As with most United fans, from what I later heard on the radio.
Even the reporters were saying 'United were under the cosh' for much of the game.
With great respect to Watford & the way they are playing, no team of United etc should be 'under the cosh'.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 09:07   #4082
MaxNutter

Football has changed, the balance has shifted, things are much closer now.

I can't ever recall clubs like West Ham and Fulham spending fantasy football levels of money in a transfer window before.

I agree we shouldn't be 'under the cosh' for large portions of a game, short periods, yes, but that was the case in the second half. I believe we bossed the first half though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 16-09-2018, 10:08   #4083
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,030 Times in 725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
Non whatsoever. As with most United fans, from what I later heard on the radio.
Even the reporters were saying 'United were under the cosh' for much of the game.
With great respect to Watford & the way they are playing, no team of United etc should be 'under the cosh'.
As said, time to realign expectations. The PL is designed to spread the wealth, unlike say the Spanish Leagues. A decent CL run is going to stick a few quid in the coffers, but it's going to add a fairly small percentage onto your overall funds, compared to even the most pathetic PL outfit.

All these teams are buying Ł10m+ players in most positions, now whilst those players aren't as good as the Ł100m players you buy, they're not 10 times worse, probably not even 10% worse. A decent organisation, some coaching, you can easily bridge the gap.

If you genuinely believe (along with many other United fans) that you have no right to be put "under the cosh" by a well organised PL team who are playing well, then you really need to rethink whether you'll ever get any pleasure out of watching your team play again.

At best United are in the mix with at least 5 other teams in the Premier League, it used to be one other and in reality in some years it was no other. But those days are long gone, and frankly, will never be back.
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:55   #4084
madstu
Trusted User

Good start tonight. Dalot looked very encouraging. You don’t want to get too excited by a young player, as they will have their ups and downs - but he showed more attacking intent tonight in a game than I’ve seen from Valencia in 3 years (which isn’t that high of a bar, as Valencia is appalling). Hopefully there is much more to come from him. Good debut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk