Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Video Games Forum

Notices

Old 08-09-2017, 16:42   #61
Anthony.S
XBL - AnthonyS UK

Here's a few tips I've found for levelling after you've fished the campaign.

Avoid doing any weekly tasks (milestones)'such as 'two strikes' which reward 'powerful gear' until you are at least 260 as these only reset on Tues.
Public events are the most efficient way if you know how to trigger the heroic mode and best in a fire team.
BTW, when you get to a PE before it starts make sure you 'rally the flag' as it will refill your super and all ammo

If you have some silver you can buy an XP booster from Eververse. I went up from 200 to 240 in a couple of hours.
Stick to one planet for farming as you will also rank up your faction too. Earth is popular and well populated for randoms.

Avoid any exotic quests as these can also drop gear over 260.

Last edited by Anthony.S; 08-09-2017 at 17:18.
Anthony.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 20:39   #62
Mr Flibble
Trusted User

Hi! My 11 year old wants this game, badly! Whilst its rated pegi 16, us it dropping the f bomb ? I've no problems with him killing alien scum, it's potty mouth Pete I can't be doing with!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
Mr Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 21:29   #63
Torf
PSN : Torf

Destiny 2: September 8th (PS4, XBOX1 & PC)

He'll be fine from what I've experienced. Or she!
Torf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 18:15   #64
Mr Flibble
Trusted User

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
Mr Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 19:21   #65
DSG
Stella !

I've left my kids playing this (6 and 11) to grind for me Can't see why its a 16, its a bloody cartoon with imaginary space aliens and laser guns ffs.
Old 10-09-2017, 19:55   #66

Is there any reason to hold onto materials like dusklight shards, or should I just give them to that posh English sniper for rep? I don't want to hand it all and then find out I need to farm it for weapon upgrades or something.

edit: Same question for Gunsmith Materials?
Old 10-09-2017, 21:04   #67
Anthony.S
XBL - AnthonyS UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeyJake View Post
Is there any reason to hold onto materials like dusklight shards, or should I just give them to that posh English sniper for rep? I don't want to hand it all and then find out I need to farm it for weapon upgrades or something.

edit: Same question for Gunsmith Materials?
If you can get your level up without them then save them but the rewards only go to 265 I think. Mine have capped at that when I'm at 270.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:13   #68

Thanks, I'll hang on to them. It took me ages finding 10 dusklight shards yesterday for that quest thing
Old 11-09-2017, 07:28   #69
dmb6473a
Trusted User

Quote:
Thanks, I'll hang on to them. It took me ages finding 10 dusklight shards yesterday for that quest thing
You can equip a ghost that notifies you when you're close to collectibles (I'm assuming everyone gets him by default). Plus you can buy treasure maps after completing the story.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
dmb6473a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:03   #70

Yeah I have that but I think it's just treasure chests and not dusklight, at least I didn't notice it alerting me to anything.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:38   #71
dmb6473a
Trusted User

Quote:
Yeah I have that but I think it's just treasure chests and not dusklight, at least I didn't notice it alerting me to anything.
Apparently if you keep running between Trostland and Maevic Square, they respawn along with the enemy.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:32   #72
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster

Completed the campaign on Sunday & it was certainly an improvement over the first one with regard to story-telling, plus a little more variety in gameplay. Only grumble is the difficulty level seemed to be much lower, especially the "Boss" battles which lacked much invention.

Post-game is miles better than the original. Sooooo much to do, you don't know where to start. Thankfully the Milestones help provide focus & I've just got a couple left to complete. Of course, the post Level-20 grind is slow, but when the game is so much fun & the shooting mechanics are so far ahead of the competition, who cares!

Anyone tried the Nightfall yet? .... I only hit level 240 late last night, so not sure if I've levelled up enough to give it a go.

Anyways, at the moment, easily the game-of-the-year so far. Anything that can distract me away from Everybody's Golf, must be a winner!
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:17   #73
dmb6473a
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
Completed the campaign on Sunday & it was certainly an improvement over the first one with regard to story-telling, plus a little more variety in gameplay. Only grumble is the difficulty level seemed to be much lower, especially the "Boss" battles which lacked much invention.

Post-game is miles better than the original. Sooooo much to do, you don't know where to start. Thankfully the Milestones help provide focus & I've just got a couple left to complete. Of course, the post Level-20 grind is slow, but when the game is so much fun & the shooting mechanics are so far ahead of the competition, who cares!

Anyone tried the Nightfall yet? .... I only hit level 240 late last night, so not sure if I've levelled up enough to give it a go.

Anyways, at the moment, easily the game-of-the-year so far. Anything that can distract me away from Everybody's Golf, must be a winner!
Pretty much agree with all of that. Having completed the campaign, this is what Destiny 1 should have been.

I've also been overpowered for all of the boss battles. In the final two, I only died once (and that was because I blew myself up firing a rocket launcher at an enemy who was too close to me!).

I'm not sure if the grind to get from 220 to 280 is going to wear thin after a bit, but it's currently between this and Yakuza 0 for game of the year (and I never thought I'd say that about a Destiny game).

Old 11-09-2017, 12:08   #74
Mevlock
XBL - Mevlock

Quote:

I've completed the campaign, done all the different planetary adventures. Done the last missions on each planet after the campaign finishes. Gotten to 273... and still failed the nightfall.

It's tough. You really need to know the strat to finish it in time, you have to miss out loads of enemies and an entire section.

I think I've got it all down now though and I'm going to attempt it today.

I don't know enough people on psn however and I've just tried it a couple of times with people from the games reddit and gaf discord channels. With people who know what they're doing it should go better.
Mevlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:31   #75
Anthony.S
XBL - AnthonyS UK

I did the Nightfall at 270 and it wasn't easy so the recommended level of 240 is optimistic. Levelling up at this point (278 now) requires some organisation and I needed a few mods to get me over the 272-273 hump. The drops from the Nightfall helped
Old 11-09-2017, 13:00   #76
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster

Hmmm, think i'll hold off until later this week. I see one of the modifiers is it has a time-limit? ... I'm more the kind of player that likes to take his time & kill everything before moving on, so that's going to be tough enough!

Anyone here going to be attempting the Raid later this week?
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 13:09   #77
Anthony.S
XBL - AnthonyS UK

Quote:
Hmmm, think i'll hold off until later this week. I see one of the modifiers is it has a time-limit? ... I'm more the kind of player that likes to take his time & kill everything before moving on, so that's going to be tough enough!

Anyone here going to be attempting the Raid later this week?
The time limit is the reason it is hard this week and you have to work out what you need to kill to progress and what to run past.

With the reset tomorrow I'm hoping to hit 280 for the raid.
Old 11-09-2017, 14:19   #78
Mevlock
XBL - Mevlock

Took two more attempts but got the nightfall done today. First ever. Has got me up to 276 but I'm not too happy with my drops. Ah well.
Mevlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 14:58   #79
Anthony.S
XBL - AnthonyS UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevlock View Post
Took two more attempts but got the nightfall done today. First ever. Has got me up to 276 but I'm not too happy with my drops. Ah well.
You have to just test out weapons. The blue AR Cuboid ARu is incredible in PvP.
Nameless Midnight scout is the best ATM with Meciless taking the exotic slot.
Old 11-09-2017, 16:27   #80
MarcusUK
Trusted User

Finally finished the story, did a few more adventures and even some crucible. I had a wander round the tower, and now have a few bright engrams an exotic one and a legendary one. Is it worth decrypting them now or waiting?

XBL: iammarcoos
MarcusUK is offline   Reply With Quote