Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 22-05-2019, 16:37   #1101
Hood
HipHopPotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivebyfive View Post
What a load of crap, Also I never said I hated the ended, just disappointed how rushed it was. Also I'm not trying to ruin for everyone else
Yes sorry didn't mean to suggest you were. I should have worded my post much better. I reacted because of other things I've read descended into endless memes and links to nonsense articles which killed all reasonable discussion, which obviously wasn't your intention.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 16:42   #1102
driver8
eviscerate your memory

Thanked 2,051 Times in 867 Posts
It would have been more ballsy if the dragon had blasted Jon in its rage (knowing he wouldn't die) and then flown off with the 2 of them.

Or ... if Dany had sat on the throne, only to have Arya stick her needle through the back of the throne, into her (the way the camera panned round, I actually wondered if anyone was hiding back there).

Or, winding back a bit ... Tyrion knows he's on death row, so voluntarily gives up his face for Arya to use in a stealth attack on Dany ... would have been pretty awesome, and very GOT (I read that idea somewhere).

Also, I stumbled across these well-written Forbes articles from 2017 (start of S7) which are not nonsense articles and actually add to the discussion >>
driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 17:10   #1103
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,185 Times in 836 Posts
See that being the rightful heir or whatever Jon Snow was never really went anywhere did it? Hopefully that'll get fleshed out in the books
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 19:08   #1104
Taq
Evil Scientist

It served as a plot device to isolate Danny and drive her over the edge, and also to get him past the final boss without getting burn to a crisp (best dialogue tree tracking ever since the ones to let you stop the Geth war in Mass Effect 3!).
Old 24-05-2019, 09:13   #1105
Boink!
In the Good Place

Thanked 3,323 Times in 1,107 Posts
Finally watched all the finale. Underwhelming, more of an epilogue than a big finish.
Boink! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 09:52   #1106
bumfrog
bum of the highest order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boink! View Post
Finally watched all the finale. Underwhelming, more of an epilogue than a big finish.
couldn't have put it better myself to be honest.

Started to feel like the end of lord of the rings where you start to think ok, it's going to end now.... oh wait, it's going to end now... no wait, maybe now....

To be honest I'd have preferred to watch an entire episode of the council (tyrion, bron, brienne, davos and sam) sitting around getting witty with the bants and them just referencing what happened
bumfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 08:52   #1107
Fatbloke
PSN : Fatbloke-66

5 minutes of the Hound roasting people.

Contains very strong language from the start and throughout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYoxNbQGS94

Fatbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 11:41   #1108
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

The freefolk subreddit, has raised 29k for Emilia's charity SameYou

Quote:
Incase you weren't aware, Emilia wrote a personal essay for the New Yorker in March about her experience suffering two brain hemorrhages, the first of which happened shortly after wrapping season 1. With that essay she launched her charity SameYou, in aid of increasing neuro-rehabilitation access to young people after brain injury.
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraisi...icefordaenerys
Old 26-05-2019, 12:18   #1109
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Also thought the Book was incredibly naff, bit LOTR. I get it is funny that Tyrion isn't even mentioned but blatantly absurd? What the hell was in the book?
Old 26-05-2019, 13:51   #1110
JohnMac
XBL: JohnMacUK

I think there were supposed to have been three alternate endings filmed and by alternate endings I think it was referring to three different versions of the Dragon Pit scene, where somebody else was chosen each time.

This isn’t to be confused with the actual alternate ending which would have had Jorah going north of the Wall with Jon. But from what I understand about each of his scenes after the third episode I just don’t think it works for his character so the ending they eventually went with sounds better. Edit: I’ve edited this paragraph because I’m not clear whether these scenes were filmed or not.

It has also been explained that when you see Jon going north of the Wall at the end, he isn’t abandoning the Night’s Watch he is just on a scouting mission.

Edit: Also don’t forget there is one more episode left at the usual times tomorrow, but it’s just a documentary.

Last edited by JohnMac; 26-05-2019 at 14:44.
JohnMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 17:02   #1111
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

He looks like he is sacking off the nights watch and going North with his mates to be honest, that's how I read it. But I suppose with no wall, who decides what is North anymore
Old 26-05-2019, 17:39   #1112
JohnMac
XBL: JohnMacUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockosjungle View Post
He looks like he is sacking off the nights watch and going North with his mates to be honest, that's how I read it. But I suppose with no wall, who decides what is North anymore
Same here that was my interpretation as well.
JohnMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 18:32   #1113
Apostate
Trusted User

Quote:
it looked to me like the free folk were the Night's Watch
Apostate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 18:33   #1114
MaxNutter

They seemed to be waiting in Castle Black for Jon.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 26-05-2019, 19:46   #1115
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Well to be honest, the wildlings are now allies, I guess they just need to keep an eye on any white walkers
Old 26-05-2019, 21:50   #1116
Shingster
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMac View Post
I’m still not sure if Bran played the game of thrones better than anyone else. He was the one who insisted they had to tell Jon about his lineage which ultimately resulted in Dany and Jon being taken out of the picture. The best way to get power is to say you don’t want it. He surely must have seen what would happen. He knew he would be offered the role and that is why he travelled all the way down from Winterfell.
Or alternatively he knew Dany was always destined to descend into madness and so forced the issue of Jon's lineage because that was the only way that they could persuade Jon to eventually betray her.

I'm still undecided as to whether Bran ending up on the throne was all that logical a decision from a narrative/character point of view. I mean, they've just spend the last three seasons establishing that the Three Eyed Raven is pretty much disconnected from the rest of humanity. His only real qualification appears to be that he's probably gonna be very difficult to kinda betray when he can see you coming in advance, and he's completely passive and willing to delegate the general ruling to Tyrion.

Jon's finale also played like his appointment to The Night's Watch was simply an empty title and in reality he simply buggered off to live with the wildlings. I really don't understand what they need a Night's Watch for anymore, the Wildlings should still be free to move south and claim lands in the North as per their original deal, yeah?

Only thing I'm disappointed about with the finale was that I didn't get to see Grey Worm die a horrible, bloody death. Was he really in any position to be giving demands once his queen and her dragon were gone and the rest of Westeros were united? God I hated that character and his stupid soap opera romantic plotline and bull**** surly posturing through the last two episodes.

Last edited by Shingster; 26-05-2019 at 21:57.
Shingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2019, 01:46   #1117
alsemail
Bibble....

Quote:
Well to be honest, the wildlings are now allies, I guess they just need to keep an eye on any white walkers
The White walkers might be gone, but what about the grumkins and the snarks?

GoT II, coming soon.
alsemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2019, 05:57   #1118
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

I honestly reckon we will see another series at some point, I doubt many of them will have much of a career in movies. The only who seems to be doing the best (or getting roles at least) is dead, so I could see them coming back to it in five years time.
Old 27-05-2019, 08:22   #1119
fivebyfive
Leave means lies

There was a massive hole in the wall and there was no more nights watch, it was just Jon and the wildlings. I'm sure they just left to live in the "true north" again with Jon

It was mentioned on another forum, the iron islands were suppose to become independent for supporting the war against cersei but that was forgotten about.
Old 27-05-2019, 10:16   #1120
Taq
Evil Scientist

Euron died though, and whats-her-face was loyal to the new order so I guess that deal never went through.