Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gadgets and Gizmos > Home Entertainment Hardware forum

Notices

Old 02-08-2005, 19:40   #1
the_daddy
PSN - the_daddy2009

HELP! -My first 5.1 surround sound system, but which one?

OK im looking for....... something to blow me away ......something that looks tidy (preferebly silver)......something that i can play music dvd's on and be impressed? lol......something that doesn't cost the earth (looking at a price between £50 - £150). Won't be needing an actual dvd player because I already have a Pioneer multi-region which im happy with.

Basically just looking for something to plug in to my tv or dvd player and experience great surround sound. Im pretty new to the whole surround sound system thing so would appreciate any advice that anybody could give. I noticed a few systems on the richer sounds website including the Yamaha NSP100 which is listed at £79.95, is that an ok setup or not?

Like i said any info anybody could give would be great! cheers!
the_daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 20:19   #2
Guest 21677
Trusted User

Anything at that price point isnt really going to blow you away. remember you are talking about a surround sound amp + 5 speakers and a subwoofer.

The yamaha system will be okish but you need to power the speakers with a amp and you will need speaker cables too
Guest 21677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 23:41   #3
Guest 1752
Trusted User

I agree. I think you are being unrealistic if you expect something to 'blow you away' from a cost of only fifty quid!

I suggest you maybe have a look at something like the Logitech Z 5500 5.1 system which at least will give you something along the lines of a half decent sub if nothing else. THX 'certified' over 500 watts DPL 2 and DTS etc etc

Check out some online reviews. Can be had for around £200 from the likes of Amazon UK
Guest 1752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 18:49   #4
the_daddy
PSN - the_daddy2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faythur
I agree. I think you are being unrealistic if you expect something to 'blow you away' from a cost of only fifty quid!

I suggest you maybe have a look at something like the Logitech Z 5500 5.1 system which at least will give you something along the lines of a half decent sub if nothing else. THX 'certified' over 500 watts DPL 2 and DTS etc etc

Check out some online reviews. Can be had for around £200 from the likes of Amazon UK
Thank's, gone for this, £195 is a tad over my budget, but im sure i'll get my use out of it, cheers again! BTW does anybody else on this forum have one of these systems?? how do u rate it??
the_daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 21:37   #5
DB2k
Mother Goose you pussy!

Buy this. It might be at your top end but its the best you're going to do. yamaha
DB2k is offline   Reply With Quote