Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 29-02-2008, 17:21   #21
charlie angel
Trusted Schmoozer

Greg Proops = comedy gold. I've loved watching Whose Line again; great show
charlie angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 20:03   #22
nwgarratt
Trusted User

I watch it all the time. The problem with Dave showing it is the same episode on and over and over. Some of the same episodes are on three or four times a week. They are from 1994 to 1996 so far.

I also like the US version as well. Five US like to keep repeating the same episodes as well. The ones I have seen are from 2001.
nwgarratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 20:13   #23
Porsmond
Trusted User

Quote:
Series 1&2 box set came out over here a couple of days ago .Play.com have it for Ł17.99.
Dont get it on R2, For some stupid reason they decided NOT to include the exclusive interviews with Dan Patterson and some other Guy on the R1 Edition which is a bit odd, glad I got the R1 edition now

The UK Edition is class though, much better than the US version, Ryan Styles is just hilarious, he makes the programme comedy gold

Why does Dave quickly repeat the same episodes over and over again, I keep watching them on Dave only to say to myself, I'm sure I saw this episode 2 weeks ago, Its still funny, but surely they have rights to show more episodes than they currently do???
Porsmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 20:26   #24
djnation
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsmond View Post
Dont get it on R2, For some stupid reason they decided NOT to include the exclusive interviews with Dan Patterson and some other Guy on the R1 Edition which is a bit odd, glad I got the R1 edition now
There's a 2 part interview (totaling almost 40 mins) on the R2 edition I got from Play this morning, it's with Dan Patterson and Mark Leveson. Is there a different one on the R1 or did they decide to include this at the last minute.
djnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 20:28   #25
nwgarratt
Trusted User

Some episodes have been on so many times that I recognise the people sitting behind Clive Anderson and no what is coming up.
nwgarratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:13   #26
chris21
DVD Forums Veteran

Quote:

The UK Edition is class though, much better than the US version, Ryan Styles is just hilarious, he makes the programme comedy gold

Why does Dave quickly repeat the same episodes over and over again, I keep watching them on Dave only to say to myself, I'm sure I saw this episode 2 weeks ago, Its still funny, but surely they have rights to show more episodes than they currently do???
Well since I got a HD DVD player I don't have any choice. Seeing as they're R2 only.
chris21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 14:18   #27
woburnx
Trusted User

To tell you the truth I hadn't noticed that they were repeating it. I only watch it when I get my little nipper off to bed on time.

Along with Father Ted, this program makes me laugh out loud. The sit, stand and lie down game is brilliant.

This should be one series that they bring back.
woburnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 00:43   #28
Porsmond
Trusted User

Quote:
There's a 2 part interview (totaling almost 40 mins) on the R2 edition I got from Play this morning, it's with Dan Patterson and Mark Leveson.
YEP those are the interviews on the R1 as well, Ahhh obviously they did include the interviews then, Its just I didnt see anything listed for special features on Play, or any other retailers, and one Review for the DVD in a magazine said there was no special features, hence why I thought they didnt inlcude them. Does it actually say on the back of the pack the interivews are included then??
Porsmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:58   #29
djnation
Trusted User

Quote:
YEP those are the interviews on the R1 as well, Ahhh obviously they did include the interviews then, Its just I didnt see anything listed for special features on Play, or any other retailers, and one Review for the DVD in a magazine said there was no special features, hence why I thought they didnt inlcude them. Does it actually say on the back of the pack the interivews are included then??
Yeah, it lists special features on the back in a black box (easy to see), calls it an exclusive interview with the creators (or words to that effect).
djnation is offline   Reply With Quote