Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Old 29-04-2006, 16:20   #1
Desk
Trusted User

Sapphire and Steel - new series?!?

Does anyone know anything about this, as posted on the Outpost Gallifrey forums...?

Quote:
They're all saying that Doctor Who started it, and started it by being so popular... Life on Mars added fuel to the fire, and now we get Primeval, Torchwood and even, apparently, Sapphire and Steel are coming out of retirement (or at least PJ Hammond mentions the very real possibility in the latest Dreamwatch).
Quote:
According to the Dreamwatch interview with PJ Hammond (and I'm paraphrasing because I don't have a copy with me), a new, live-action Sapphire and Steel is becoming a very real possibility, with ITV rather interested... Sounds like it's going to be Doctor Who-ed up to a certain extent, because the plan is to make it at a much faster pace - although not at the expense of atmosphere and mood apparently.
New Sapphire and Steel?

Last edited by Desk; 29-04-2006 at 16:23.
Desk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2006, 16:51   #2
Guest 1764
Dry hair’s for squids

Can’t see it happening myself but then as long as it’s Lumley and McCallum, and not Collings and whoever else was hanging around the Big Finish Offices when the engineer nipped out for a pee inbetween churning out endless Who derivatives, I’ll be happy.

You can bet Lumley will want equal pay to McCallum and as he’s based Stateside and apparently not short of work they’re going to have throw some decent sums at him to entice him back.

I would have thought the awful 11th Hour would have stymied any new ITV genre type-stuff but apparently not.
Guest 1764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2006, 17:27   #3
carryonline
Bon viveur

Not at all - ITV are currently prepping Primaeval/evil/however they're spelling it this week for teatime audiences and there's also a new series of Afterlife on the way later in the year
carryonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2006, 18:12   #4
Guest 1764
Dry hair’s for squids

Yes, I’d heard the goggle-eyed Kate Bush impersonator was back but I think I must have repressed the news hoping it wasn’t true.

Good of Andrew Lincoln to clear some of his voice-over schedule to do the second "series". Sean Pertwee will be pleased.
Guest 1764 is offline   Reply With Quote