Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Old 26-06-2011, 22:33   #41
Brian_JD
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Two episodes in and I give this a "Jesus Wept" score of 9.

It's like they've invented a time machine and gone back to 1982 to make it. How can it be so recently made and so dated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Mr Echo View Post
This is how I felt too - though I only saw the last half hour of episode 2... it really is too Dallasesque... which is kind of ironic. But it also reminded me of those terrible daytime TV biopics that they did of The Carpenters and The Monkees way back.

I will say though that I've never been keen on Barry Pepper before but he is quite good from what I saw... I wasn't sure it was him. But the rest is utter bobbins.
Watched the early episodes so far on the BBC and thought it was OK for the time period it's set in.Maybe it's just me but I can't help thinking that's Greg Kinnear...that's Barry Pepper... that's Tom Wilkinson ..that's Katie Holmes which is probably not helping.Oh, and I did notice yet another mention of the phrase 'new world order' too
Brian_JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 21:26   #42
Roberto
OMG! it's full of stars!

Liked it over all. But it could have done with another episode or two as at times it did feel 'trucated', i would have liked to know all the details as to why JFK decided to go to the moon eg
Old 20-09-2011, 09:42   #43
Andrew70
Trusted User

I have a lot of time for Tom Wilkinson as an actor but his accent in this was deadful! Half the time he just forgot to try the accent and said his lines as a Brit.

Noticed a few people saying they couldn't see past some of the actor's previous roles.
I thought Kinnear was very good (don't think I've seen any of his previous work) but Barry Pepper will always be the sniper from Saving Prvate Ryan to me.