Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Notices

Old 16-01-2017, 08:36   #1921
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravioli View Post
Personally I didn't think you would ever score and I thought there was a distinct lack of quality on show. Pogba was so poor and gifted us the Penalty, it's amazing how he didn't get subbed off
Remember we did score one goal & missed two sitters, Liverpool on the other hand were gifted the two points with a penalty. We may not have been great, but if, as you say, we had a "distinct lack of quality on show" what does that say about Liverpool not scoring any goals from open play, against a team with a "distinct lack of quality on show"?
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 09:22   #1922
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
Remember we did score one goal & missed two sitters, Liverpool on the other hand were gifted the two points with a penalty. We may not have been great, but if, as you say, we had a "distinct lack of quality on show" what does that say about Liverpool not scoring any goals from open play, against a team with a "distinct lack of quality on show"?
Sorry - a draw is now worth 2 points

Please don't tell me you think it wasn't a penalty - although, knowing your posts, you probably don't. If anything, United were gifted the point due to being awarded another (I read somewhere your 5th since December) offside goal.

As for us not scoring from open play saying a lot about Liverpool ... we had 2 first team players missing, 2 more coming back from long injuries and an 18 yr old making his League debut at RB. I thought we did alright given the circumstances

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 16-01-2017 at 09:29.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 09:43   #1923
platty
XBL Gamertag: PlattyStu

Its funny how much more active this thread has been since we started to look a bit more like a United team, "fans" of other teams starting to worry about us with the usual suspects complaining that we're getting help from the refs , corruption .... blah blah blah , love it , we're only gonna get better
Old 16-01-2017, 10:20   #1924
madstu
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by platty View Post
Its funny how much more active this thread has been since we started to look a bit more like a United team, "fans" of other teams starting to worry about us with the usual suspects complaining that we're getting help from the refs , corruption .... blah blah blah , love it , we're only gonna get better

Yes, this is the way it should be! I thought we would have a good opportunity to score the winner if we equalised. Which was never the case under the past two managers.

If we had scored early it would have been a very different match. Liverpool didn't look like they had much quality, just a shame we were a little off the boil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16-01-2017, 10:43   #1925
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
Sorry - a draw is now worth 2 points

Please don't tell me you think it wasn't a penalty - although, knowing your posts, you probably don't. If anything, United were gifted the point due to being awarded another (I read somewhere your 5th since December) offside goal.

As for us not scoring from open play saying a lot about Liverpool ... we had 2 first team players missing, 2 more coming back from long injuries and an 18 yr old making his League debut at RB. I thought we did alright given the circumstances
Had we won, we would have been TWO MORE points nearer to you, & the other teams, than now.

It was a penalty, but I know, & also people on Red Cafe said "I bet if the same had happened the other end, United would NOT have been given the penalty". Based on we have had several stone wall penalties turned down this season, that your blinkered eyes failed to report. They (your blinkered eyes) also failed to report that your player should have had a straight red for hitting/pushing the Manchester United player to the ground.
Old 16-01-2017, 10:57   #1926
Ravioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpig View Post
I'm never going to argue against someone who says that refereeing is inconsistent in the Premier League - I'm all over this thread with similar quotes and I get it when it works against you. I just wish that the consistency meant that the Rooney 'tackle' was seen as such - an honest but not very good attempt to win the ball and the others, including at least three Rojo tackles this season, were punished for being rubbish AND dangerous.

Twenty years ago, in a European match, we used to all complain how the 'cunning continentals' bought a refereee with a cheeky overreaction and now we're all moaning that the same decisions aren't instant red cards. Great tackles - the only thing I was ever any good at at footy - are getting punished each week now because the referees are whistle happy.

I know it was ever thus, because I've read that back and I sound like my Dad!
I have mentioned in this thread how you (Utd) have had some shocking decisions for and against this year. To be honest I don't blame players for "going down" at all these days. Refs tend to give free kicks for players even when it's a 50/50.

Quote:
We were rubbish and you couldn't beat us at home. Pogba was m.o.m for Liverpool. When you say missed sitters, at least one was saved by our keeper (that's not a miss). Our chances were all hit tamely at yours
Ravioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 10:57   #1927
nutter45
burninator

'Blinkered eyes'. Irony overload micon
nutter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 10:58   #1928
Ravioli

Quote:
(your blinkered eyes)
People that live in glass houses........
Old 16-01-2017, 11:06   #1929
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
They (your blinkered eyes) also failed to report that your player should have had a straight red for hitting/pushing the Manchester United player to the ground.
Given that Pogba got nothing for his WWE style throw down on Henderson which should have seen him get a red for violent conduct (and a 3 game ban), I wouldn't be talking about the Firmino/Herrera incident too loudly if I was you Also got to laugh at Herrera going down clutching his face.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 11:59   #1930
MICON
Trusted User

[QUOTE=nutter45;10253597]'Blinkered eyes'. Irony overload micon [/QUOTE

That'll be the day.
Old 16-01-2017, 12:27   #1931
MaxNutter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutter45 View Post
'Blinkered eyes'. Irony overload micon
That'll be the day.
that you understand irony?

you're worse than Alanis Morrisette...
Old 16-01-2017, 12:55   #1932
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
that you understand irony?

you're worse than Alanis Morrisette...
My comments about the Liverpool match yesterday were spot on. Most posts that I saw on Red Cafe felt the same. The Liverpool 'fan's come onto this United thread & try to turn it into an attack on me, then you think you can just follow the Liverpool sheep & further attack me, are you MAD, take a look at yesterdays game & the comments in Red Cafe & probably every other Manchester United forum. What I said was correct. FULL BLOODY STOP.

Grow up, oh the irony....
Old 16-01-2017, 13:02   #1933
MaxNutter

of course, Red Cafe is the last bastion of balance

you are not being attacked, just some of your comments.

Why are they "Liverpool sheep"?

where was the irony in your post?

Last edited by MaxNutter; 16-01-2017 at 13:04.
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 13:16   #1934
MICON
Trusted User

I am not going to take personal attacks. That is it full stop. Now I am happy to discuss about the game & only the game. I'll start off. Should the Liverpool player who pushed/hit the Manchester United player to the ground have been sent off? I am not talking about any other event on the pitch yesterday until this one is answered. Then we can move forward.
Old 16-01-2017, 13:24   #1935
nutter45
burninator

He pushed him in the chest. I don't think that's a sending off, yellow card.

Same as Pogba's neck roll on Henderson, which went entirely unpunished.

People only 'attack' you because you post drivel and try to back it up by saying someone on another forum agrees with you. Your posts don't generally stand up to any rational scrutiny.
nutter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 13:30   #1936
MaxNutter

are you talking about Firmino on Herrera on 90 minutes?
Old 16-01-2017, 15:09   #1937
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutter45 View Post
He pushed him in the chest. I don't think that's a sending off, yellow card.

Same as Pogba's neck roll on Henderson, which went entirely unpunished.

People only 'attack' you because you post drivel and try to back it up by saying someone on another forum agrees with you. Your posts don't generally stand up to any rational scrutiny.
So you say, but my points are based on what happened on the pitch, so sorry you don't like it. Try watching the match. Oh I agree Pogba was an ass pulling over Henderson.
Old 16-01-2017, 15:26   #1938
MaxNutter

According to Klopp, Mourinho thought it was a yellow card offence, and I haven't seen or heard anything from him to contradict this.

What difference would a red card have made at that point? Liverpool were already in full-defence mode.
Old 16-01-2017, 15:53   #1939
Bravoman
Trusted User

Quote:
My comments about the Liverpool match yesterday were spot on. Most posts that I saw on Red Cafe felt the same. The Liverpool 'fan's come onto this United thread & try to turn it into an attack on me, then you think you can just follow the Liverpool sheep & further attack me, are you MAD, take a look at yesterdays game & the comments in Red Cafe & probably every other Manchester United forum. What I said was correct. FULL BLOODY STOP.
I think it's the tone of your posts that gets people's backs up. As if you are the only one that is correct and everyone else is wrong. Sometimes I watch a game and read your posts and wonder if we have watched the same thing!! But I guess as a fan you watch with blinkers and rose tinted glasses on, as many do and as I do when watching Chelsea.

Either that or you love a wind up
Bravoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 16:29   #1940
Ravioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoman View Post
I think it's the tone of your posts that gets people's backs up.
It's also that he frequently posts absolute rubbish and then gets all high and mighty when everyone disagrees with him. Adambrunt is pretty much the same in the Liverpool thread.
Seriously if everyone disagrees with you, it's probably because you are wrong