Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Notices

Old 14-12-2017, 18:24   #3041
madstu
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
Raphael Varane, Renato Sanches and the aforementioned Ivan Periöić under Mourinho.

Donít you think the signings we have made under Jose have been very good? It is completely unrealistic for any team just to go out any buy everyone they want.

We didnít want to overpay for Perisic - canít blame Woodward for not paying an excessive fee, there have to be limits we stick to.

Itís unrealistic to think we can just go ahead and buy first teamers from Real Madrid, besides we spent £30m each on two CBs. Sanchez - competing with Bayern, we are not going to win that every time, and besides looks like we dodged a bullet on that one.

I appreciate your not satisfied with our team, but blaming Woodward for not supporting the manager just doesnít add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14-12-2017, 19:04   #3042
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madstu View Post
Donít you think the signings we have made under Jose have been very good? It is completely unrealistic for any team just to go out any buy everyone they want.
Except for City, who we are directly competing with.

Quote:
I appreciate your not satisfied with our team, but blaming Woodward for not supporting the manager just doesnít add up.

The signings are fine, but we need more. Personally I feel he's dropped the ball on a few, but I understand that you might be happy with him.
Old 17-12-2017, 15:59   #3043
MICON
Trusted User

What are we doing. We get two goals, what seems like hours ago. One good goal one lucky. Then we f' about like a junior school team & guess what, they score. This is poor. I am ashamed to say we are a million miles from city. Like it or not, this is moyes type playing.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 16:15   #3044
MaxNutter

Did we win?
Old 17-12-2017, 16:15   #3045
jpig
Trusted User

It's certainly not comfortable. We miss Pogba so much, and I've not always been a huge fan of his. But the difference when he is in the team or not in it is telling. Don't forget West Brom just took points off Liverpool at their place, they're not as bad as their position suggests.

Lukaku and Lingaard can't make the ball stick, Ibra a better option for me in games like this, but I can understand why Jose doesn't want to drop Lukaku because he's clearly not getting any decent service so it's not all his fault.

It's a win, it's all about the points but I'd agree that it is not exactly setting the world on fire.
jpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 16:30   #3046
MICON
Trusted User

United need to buck their ideas up. I've said it before regarding the bigger picture. If a youngster in our, or any country in the world is looking at city & united play, like it or not most will choose city. In time this will leave us short of supporters, which means short of cash, short of sponsors. The slide must have already happened, we have to stop it now. We have to buy in better players & have a manager that will give us flair & attack. We cannot carry on like this season with multi million pound players playing like schoolkids. The occasional game is understandable, but most of ours are like this.
Old 17-12-2017, 16:35   #3047
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,221 Times in 864 Posts
Quote:
Did we win?
Yes they did, so we're now back to not winning in enough style criticism.
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 16:43   #3048
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbullivant View Post
Yes they did, so we're now back to not winning in enough style criticism.
No, we are looking at the real world, unlike you.
Old 17-12-2017, 17:19   #3049
andybhoy
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
What are we doing. We get two goals, what seems like hours ago. One good goal one lucky. Then we f' about like a junior school team & guess what, they score. This is poor. I am ashamed to say we are a million miles from city. Like it or not, this is moyes type playing.
Under Moyes, we lost 2-1 at home to WBA. Though we did win 3-0 away not long before he was sacked.
andybhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 17:55   #3050
madstu
Trusted User

The Manchester Utd Thread 2015/2016

Quote:

You remember we lost 7 and drew 12 in the league under Moyes. Finishing 7th. Of course we are miles apart from City - if they carry on like this then itís likely to be one of the biggest ever PL points totals. Unless Liverpool score 4-5 today, we have scored more goals than them in the league. The form of City has skewed everything.

Today was not pretty, and an awful 2nd half, but this time of the year is all about picking up points. Pogba back at the weekend will help a lot.

Old 17-12-2017, 18:00   #3051
jpig
Trusted User

Quote:
Unless Liverpool score 4-5 today
jpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 18:03   #3052
madstu
Trusted User

Even if they score 5 then we are both even in terms of goals scored. Iím certainly not bothered if they score more than us, but it puts into perspective how Ďbadí we are when itís only City who have scored more than us (unless they hit 6!).

Old 17-12-2017, 18:32   #3053
MaxNutter

I can perhaps understand comparisons to LVG's United, but Moyes was far, far worse and it's laughable to even mention him.
Old 17-12-2017, 19:11   #3054
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
I can perhaps understand comparisons to LVG's United, but Moyes was far, far worse and it's laughable to even mention him.
He was far, far worse, but much of the time our play is no better. We should have just coasted along after 2-0 up, but we started our silly play & WB got a goal back, then it was quite possible we could easily have lost, as we were on the back foot.

Run them down all you want, but I can assure you there were much worse comments on Red Cafe & I agree with a lot of them. They hit the nail on the head. The posts are still there to read.
Old 17-12-2017, 19:50   #3055
madstu
Trusted User

Red Cafe is full of insane, over-reactive people just like RAWK. **** poor game today, but 3 points. Liverpool drew with them in the last week.

Old 17-12-2017, 20:04   #3056
MaxNutter

Quote:
Run them down all you want, but I can assure you there were much worse comments on Red Cafe & I agree with a lot of them. They hit the nail on the head. The posts are still there to read.
There are, but equally there are threads dedicated to people complaining about all the negativity, especially after a win.

You're just conveniently cherry picking.
Old 17-12-2017, 22:45   #3057
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
There are, but equally there are threads dedicated to people complaining about all the negativity, especially after a win.

You're just conveniently cherry picking.
Believe you me, there was no cherry picking today. Take a look.
Old 17-12-2017, 22:53   #3058
MaxNutter

Quote:
Believe you me, there was no cherry picking today. Take a look.
I've looked, in the first few threads I see "It is ever possible to speak positively about a win?", "We're the 2nd best team in England/ warning- thread may contain slight positivity".

I don't see an obvious negative one without reading through all the posts, but I'm guessing "Post match vs West Bromwich Albion" will contain some less than happy posts?
Old 18-12-2017, 08:28   #3059
MICON
Trusted User

Try half time onwards, especially just before the WB goal, & of course after the goal. Everyone could see what was about to happen, & it did.

What is important is, we should be where city are after four & a half years, but we are nowhere near them. Even this morning Brazil (& others agreed) said he thought chelsea were the only real challenger for city. Yes we are second but we don't look convincing. Every week I hope that we have turned the corner, but every week we put on the same dismal display.
Old 18-12-2017, 08:42   #3060
MaxNutter

As champions they should be, but at the moment Chelsea aren't consistent enough to challenge.

It's not been 4 years, this is Mourinho's second season. Every time a new manager comes in the clock resets, and unfortunately we had three managers in 3 seasons so it's stunted our progress.

I want us to be playing with the flair and speed of the Fergie glory days, but Jose isn't like that and the game has arguably moved on.

For now I will take a year on year improvement, regardless of what is happening on the pitch, and I believe we're better than last season, so it's going in the right direction.