Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2017, 10:08   #2541
madstu
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 3,767
Thanks: 32
Thanked 61 Times in 29 Posts
I think he's played 3 times in the Europa.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Ares, God of War, be praised! I shall discombobulate the entire world!!!"
madstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 18:27   #2542
Eastlander
Trusted User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 957
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I would be happy for United to sign Hart (as a City fan )

That said, he is clearly better than Schmeichel (Jr.) so mocking him but accepting Kasper is a bit nuts.
Eastlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 18:45   #2543
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,237
Thanks: 208
Thanked 617 Times in 371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastlander View Post
I would be happy for United to sign Hart (as a City fan )

That said, he is clearly better than Schmeichel (Jr.) so mocking him but accepting Kasper is a bit nuts.
Not sure he's better, maybe than Kasper was when he was at City?

Neither are good enough imo, it's just the romance with Kasper.
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 19:46   #2544
madstu
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 3,767
Thanks: 32
Thanked 61 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastlander View Post
I would be happy for United to sign Hart (as a City fan )

That said, he is clearly better than Schmeichel (Jr.) so mocking him but accepting Kasper is a bit nuts.


Happy to have Hart in goal next year of you play with Rooney upfront all season!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Ares, God of War, be praised! I shall discombobulate the entire world!!!"
madstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:45   #2545
MICON
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,971
Thanks: 14
Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts
I hope Griezmann is better than the one I have watched recently, as I wouldn't give you one million for the one running around in the 6 or 7 games I have watched him in recently. I said to my wife that he may be coming to united & she was shocked, as she thought he was poor. Probably perfect for United though, based on the signings over the last few years. Oh well 7th next year
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 07:59   #2546
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,237
Thanks: 208
Thanked 617 Times in 371 Posts
He's poor. He only scores a goal in under every two games. We need someone averaging more than one per game.

And Golden Boot winner at last year's Euros? Pathetic.
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:15   #2547
MICON
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,971
Thanks: 14
Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts
Ahh the old statistics game. You obviously didn't watch the Champions league games. We are great at transfers, we've just given someone 40 million pounds of the fans money for nothing & not one penny of it will go back into the fans pockets via gate money or broadcast prices. Pathetic.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:20   #2548
MICON
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,971
Thanks: 14
Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts
I haven't gone through the whole thread but this is one on the last page .

Quote:
He's a great player obviously but he's not been all that these last couple of games against Real that I've watched (maybe he's dreaming of Manchester already) even his pen tonight was a bit ****,
Here
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:54   #2549
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,237
Thanks: 208
Thanked 617 Times in 371 Posts
I haven't watched the semi finals, and maybe his mind is on something else, but every time I've seen him score, it seems to be out of nothing; he's very creative, something we've lacked in recent years (save maybe for Zlatan).

His performance in the Euros is not to be sniffed at either.
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:02   #2550
The Bear
Old-gold and black member
 
The Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Molineux
Posts: 16,462
Thanks: 353
Thanked 1,529 Times in 495 Posts
He's better than Chicharito, that's all you need to worry about.
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:10   #2551
MICON
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,971
Thanks: 14
Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
He's better than Chicharito, that's all you need to worry about.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:16   #2552
MICON
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,971
Thanks: 14
Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
I haven't watched the semi finals, and maybe his mind is on something else, but every time I've seen him score, it seems to be out of nothing; he's very creative, something we've lacked in recent years (save maybe for Zlatan).

His performance in the Euros is not to be sniffed at either.
I'm not trying to be confrontational. Once I heard he was coming & people said he was the best thing since sliced bread, I went along with the flow hoping he would come, but having watched the last six (ish) games with him in, I didn't see anything special about him at all. Now bearing in mind we have signed a lot of supposedly special players, that mostly turned out to be damp squibs, I am now a little concerned.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:24   #2553
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,237
Thanks: 208
Thanked 617 Times in 371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
I'm not trying to be confrontational.
I'm not saying you are.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
Once I heard he was coming & people said he was the best thing since sliced bread, I went along with the flow hoping he would come, but having watched the last six (ish) games with him in, I didn't see anything special about him at all.
Is he the best player ever? No. Would he improve us (especially seeing Zlatan will be off)? Yes. Do we need more attacking options (seeing Rooney is likely off as well)? Yes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
Now bearing in mind we have signed a lot of supposedly special players, that mostly turned out to be damp squibs, I am now a little concerned.
We've done that for years, even under SAF. We've been criticized for the money we spend, fair enough, it's obscene, but at least it's our money.
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"

Last edited by MaxNutter; 11-05-2017 at 10:59.
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 16:06   #2554
madstu
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 3,767
Thanks: 32
Thanked 61 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
Ahh the old statistics game. You obviously didn't watch the Champions league games. We are great at transfers, we've just given someone 40 million pounds of the fans money for nothing & not one penny of it will go back into the fans pockets via gate money or broadcast prices. Pathetic.

Im not so sure it was Ł40m, even if it was unfortunately that's the cost of he getting players like Pogba - if we didn't pay it, Real would have or at least paid close to it. Its not as it we paid his agent when we didn't have to, top players are scarce and so agents can bend clubs over.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Ares, God of War, be praised! I shall discombobulate the entire world!!!"
madstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 16:47   #2555
aliman5000
Clown X
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northants
Posts: 1,670
Thanks: 21
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
I'm not trying to be confrontational. Once I heard he was coming & people said he was the best thing since sliced bread, I went along with the flow hoping he would come, but having watched the last six (ish) games with him in, I didn't see anything special about him at all. Now bearing in mind we have signed a lot of supposedly special players, that mostly turned out to be damp squibs, I am now a little concerned.

You do talk rubbish, he has lightening pace and a proper eye for goal - he is the type of player you would hope Rashford matures into.

But hey, Hernandez right? :sigh:
__________________
This place looks terrible in widescreen...
aliman5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 18:01   #2556
madstu
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 3,767
Thanks: 32
Thanked 61 Times in 29 Posts
Good team tonight - always a good team when Rooney is not in the 11. Romero starts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Ares, God of War, be praised! I shall discombobulate the entire world!!!"
madstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 18:55   #2557
jpig
Trusted User
 
jpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,269
Thanks: 228
Thanked 302 Times in 81 Posts
Too much of a boy's club on BT. Not one of them would even hint that maybe Rooney wasn't good enough any more. I wish it was different, but the team going out tonight, minus DDG, is the best we have at the moment.

I don't think Michael Owen likes Hargreaves much, btw.
jpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 19:08   #2558
MICON
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,971
Thanks: 14
Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliman5000 View Post
You do talk rubbish, he has lightening pace and a proper eye for goal - he is the type of player you would hope Rashford matures into.

But hey, Hernandez right? :sigh:

You clearly did not watch his recent Champions league games. Lightning pace, ha ha, I could have run faster. Not once did he show lightening pace, don't blame me or stoop to stupid name calling, I can only go by how he was, & others agree.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 19:10   #2559
aliman5000
Clown X
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northants
Posts: 1,670
Thanks: 21
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
You clearly did not watch his recent Champions league games. Lightning pace, ha ha, I could have run faster. Not once did he show lightening pace, don't blame me or stoop to stupid name calling, I can only go by how he was, & others agree.

1. You clearly didn't watch his recent games or were looking at the wrong player.

2. What name(s) did I call you?

3. What 'others' agree? Your beloved Red Cafe no doubt?

4. You could start an argument with a mirror.
__________________
This place looks terrible in widescreen...
aliman5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 19:25   #2560
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,237
Thanks: 208
Thanked 617 Times in 371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpig View Post

I don't think Michael Owen likes Hargreaves much, btw.
Hargreaves left under a cloud, was it when Owen was there?

That Rashford keeps getting better and better.
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Manchester City Thread Alan b Sports Forum 1002 23-09-2012 17:28
The Manchester United Thread 2010/2011 Thread Alan b Sports Forum 1013 14-08-2011 17:28
The Manchester United Thread - 2010-11 - 2nd Fastest Sport Thread on the Forums rustybin Sports Forum 1035 22-03-2011 10:30
The Manchester United Thread Guest 4630 Sports Forum 3385 22-06-2004 21:54

All times are GMT. The time now is 22:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018 Poisonous Monkey Ltd. Part of The Digital Fix Network