Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-03-2017, 21:56   #2201
nutter45
burninator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 9,409
Thanks: 824
Thanked 366 Times in 235 Posts
The most amazing thing about this incident is that Hazard wasn't rolling around on the floor as if someone had stamped on his head. It's almost as if he didn't know what to do.
nutter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 00:34   #2202
jpig
Trusted User
 
jpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 6,269
Thanks: 228
Thanked 302 Times in 81 Posts
I'd love to get a TARDIS and take this new Adam back to the days of Suarez and see what he made of the 'old' Adam!

Refereeing, and the FA, are hopeless. But not corrupt.
jpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 13:08   #2203
leemel
Diagnosed Mail Reader
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Mansfield, near Sherwood Forest
Posts: 6,043
Thanks: 587
Thanked 264 Times in 119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpig View Post
I'd love to get a TARDIS and take this new Adam back to the days of Suarez and see what he made of the 'old' Adam!

Refereeing, and the FA, are hopeless. But not corrupt.
He'd do an Arsene and say he never saw it, or a Trump and say it wasn't him that wrote those remarks,
leemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 13:08   #2204
Alan George
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,216
Thanks: 1
Thanked 74 Times in 48 Posts
It's quite right that ManU should be charged, with their players mobbing around the ref & the guy who was sent off shouting the odds & not walking off for a while. Has any ref ever ever EVER changed his mind because of being shouted at, why do they do it, grown men acting like 6 year olds. Will this really be a thing of the past next season with the changes in rules, I'd like to think so, but I doubt it.
Alan George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 13:28   #2205
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,237
Thanks: 208
Thanked 617 Times in 371 Posts
Are you asking a question there, or rambling to yourself?

What are the new rule changes, specifically regarding such incidents?

Oh, and no, the ref never changes his mind because he is being shouted at, and I've no idea why they do it, except for the fact that they are not automatons and were reacting to a ridiculous decision.
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 13:30   #2206
MICON
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,971
Thanks: 14
Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan George View Post
It's quite right that ManU should be charged, with their players mobbing around the ref & the guy who was sent off shouting the odds & not walking off for a while. Has any ref ever ever EVER changed his mind because of being shouted at, why do they do it, grown men acting like 6 year olds. Will this really be a thing of the past next season with the changes in rules, I'd like to think so, but I doubt it.
If the ref & done his job properly, then our player would not have been sent off & there would have been no angry response. Had he done his job properly then a lot of chelsea's mercenaries would have been booked for simulation & they would have been sent off. That's the change in rules needed. Quite right my arse.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 13:31   #2207
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,237
Thanks: 208
Thanked 617 Times in 371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
If the ref & done his job properly, then our player would not have been sent off & there would have been no angry response. Had he done his job properly then a lot of chelsea's mercenaries would have been booked for simulation & they would have been sent off. That's the change in rules needed. Quite right my arse.
although we did get lucky regarding Rojo, bizarrely.
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 13:33   #2208
MICON
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,971
Thanks: 14
Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
although we did get lucky regarding Rojo, bizarrely.
I understand it was a bit late for luck by then.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 13:35   #2209
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,237
Thanks: 208
Thanked 617 Times in 371 Posts
Yes, but our threadbare squad could do without any more long suspensions.
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 14:53   #2210
MICON
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,971
Thanks: 14
Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
Yes, but our threadbare squad could do without any more long suspensions.
I agree, pity we sold Hernandez.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 14:59   #2211
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,237
Thanks: 208
Thanked 617 Times in 371 Posts
Really? It'll be two years come the summer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 18:34   #2212
AdamBrunt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 24,723
Thanks: 135
Thanked 281 Times in 195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpig View Post
I'd love to get a TARDIS and take this new Adam back to the days of Suarez and see what he made of the 'old' Adam!

Refereeing, and the FA, are hopeless. But not corrupt.
I don't remember Suarez stamping on anybody. He was stamped on many a time - including being on the end of a very nasty deliberate stamp on his ribs from Robert Huth. You won't be surprised to learn that the FA did nothing then either
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 19:02   #2213
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,237
Thanks: 208
Thanked 617 Times in 371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
I don't remember Suarez stamping on anybody. He was stamped on many a time - including being on the end of a very nasty deliberate stamp on his ribs from Robert Huth. You won't be surprised to learn that the FA did nothing then either
Just the biting then?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 23:14   #2214
Alan George
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,216
Thanks: 1
Thanked 74 Times in 48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
Are you asking a question there, or rambling to yourself?

What are the new rule changes, specifically regarding such incidents?

Oh, and no, the ref never changes his mind because he is being shouted at, and I've no idea why they do it, except for the fact that they are not automatons and were reacting to a ridiculous decision.
Well, rambling to yourself is a good description of all posts here really. I think you're right, no new rules (as far as I can see), maybe next year the refs are going to enforce the rules as they are. So, if you don't whinge & shout at the refs (maybe bad) decisions, that makes you an automaton does it, & not...an adult. If yellows & reds were handed out all this would stop very fast, it's down to the refs.
Alan George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 00:33   #2215
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,237
Thanks: 208
Thanked 617 Times in 371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan George View Post
Well, rambling to yourself is a good description of all posts here really. I think you're right, no new rules (as far as I can see), maybe next year the refs are going to enforce the rules as they are. So, if you don't whinge & shout at the refs (maybe bad) decisions, that makes you an automaton does it, & not...an adult. If yellows & reds were handed out all this would stop very fast, it's down to the refs.
It is down to the refs. If they were consistent and made the correct decisions (human error accepted) then maybe the players would behave better.

The magnitude of the protests perhaps reflect the importance of the match?

The other option, and this would need to come from FIFA down through all levels and all nations, would be a rugby style approach, but I can't see this working in South America, for example, where they make us look like choirboys.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 13:08   #2216
AdamBrunt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 24,723
Thanks: 135
Thanked 281 Times in 195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
If the ref & done his job properly, then our player would not have been sent off & there would have been no angry response.
Erm - the vast majority of people think the ref did do his job properly. Or are you suggesting that Herrera shouldn't have been sent off despite, correctly, receiving two yellow cards ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan George View Post
It's quite right that ManU should be charged, with their players mobbing around the ref & the guy who was sent off shouting the odds & not walking off for a while. Has any ref ever ever EVER changed his mind because of being shouted at, why do they do it, grown men acting like 6 year olds. Will this really be a thing of the past next season with the changes in rules, I'd like to think so, but I doubt it.
AFAIK there is no new rule in this regard. "Only the captain is allowed to the speak to the ref" has been in place for at least two years, the refs have always been able to book/send off players for dissent but very rarely do.

The fact that another rule is being introduced in an attempt to reinforce rules that already exists just shows how incompetent/weak refs are and ... no new rule is going to change that.

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 16-03-2017 at 13:11.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 13:32   #2217
MaxNutter
20
 
MaxNutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Timperley
Posts: 15,237
Thanks: 208
Thanked 617 Times in 371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
AFAIK there is no new rule in this regard. "Only the captain is allowed to the speak to the ref" has been in place for at least two years, the refs have always been able to book/send off players for dissent but very rarely do.

The fact that another rule is being introduced
in an attempt to reinforce rules that already exists just shows how incompetent/weak refs are and ... no new rule is going to change that.
So is there a new rule or not?
__________________
"He has his mother's eyes..."
"I thought we had them?"
MaxNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 15:18   #2218
AdamBrunt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 24,723
Thanks: 135
Thanked 281 Times in 195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
So is there a new rule or not?
I put the first 'new' in italics to sort of imply they are not new rules.

The current rules already state that only the captain can talk to the ref and dissent can be punished with yellow and red cards. If refs aren't strong enough to enforce already existent rules than adding more rules won't make any difference.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 15:21   #2219
MICON
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,971
Thanks: 14
Thanked 51 Times in 32 Posts
[QUOTE=AdamBrunt;10262547]Erm - the vast majority of people think the ref did do his job properly. Or are you suggesting that Herrera shouldn't have been sent off despite, correctly, receiving two yellow cards ??



I see, so chelsea diving is perfectly alright for 'the vast majority' (not sure which poll that was) & a yellow for simulation for everyone else.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 16:26   #2220
AdamBrunt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 24,723
Thanks: 135
Thanked 281 Times in 195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
Erm - the vast majority of people think the ref did do his job properly. Or are you suggesting that Herrera shouldn't have been sent off despite, correctly, receiving two yellow cards ??
I see, so chelsea diving is perfectly alright for 'the vast majority' (not sure which poll that was) & a yellow for simulation for everyone else.
30 seconds before Herrera fouls Hazard (and it was a foul) the referee clearly tells United players that he is on to their persistent fouling tactic. You do realise that not every foul is a booking and that not every foul that doesn't result in a booking is a "dive" by the other player, right ???

Persistent fouling is a bookable offense and applies to both an individual player or a whole team.

The 2nd yellow for Herrera was not for one particular foul but rather for the fact that it was the nth foul United had committed on Hazard and it just so happened that Herrera was the one who committed it.

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 16-03-2017 at 16:28.
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Manchester City Thread Alan b Sports Forum 1002 23-09-2012 17:28
The Manchester United Thread 2010/2011 Thread Alan b Sports Forum 1013 14-08-2011 17:28
The Manchester United Thread - 2010-11 - 2nd Fastest Sport Thread on the Forums rustybin Sports Forum 1035 22-03-2011 10:30
The Manchester United Thread Guest 4630 Sports Forum 3385 22-06-2004 21:54

All times are GMT. The time now is 22:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018 Poisonous Monkey Ltd. Part of The Digital Fix Network