Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Notices

Old 14-03-2017, 21:56   #2201
nutter45
burninator

The most amazing thing about this incident is that Hazard wasn't rolling around on the floor as if someone had stamped on his head. It's almost as if he didn't know what to do.
nutter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 00:34   #2202
jpig
Trusted User

I'd love to get a TARDIS and take this new Adam back to the days of Suarez and see what he made of the 'old' Adam!

Refereeing, and the FA, are hopeless. But not corrupt.
jpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 13:08   #2203
leemel
Diagnosed Mail Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpig View Post
I'd love to get a TARDIS and take this new Adam back to the days of Suarez and see what he made of the 'old' Adam!

He'd do an Arsene and say he never saw it, or a Trump and say it wasn't him that wrote those remarks,
leemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 13:08   #2204
Alan George
Trusted User

It's quite right that ManU should be charged, with their players mobbing around the ref & the guy who was sent off shouting the odds & not walking off for a while. Has any ref ever ever EVER changed his mind because of being shouted at, why do they do it, grown men acting like 6 year olds. Will this really be a thing of the past next season with the changes in rules, I'd like to think so, but I doubt it.
Alan George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 13:28   #2205
MaxNutter

Are you asking a question there, or rambling to yourself?

What are the new rule changes, specifically regarding such incidents?

Oh, and no, the ref never changes his mind because he is being shouted at, and I've no idea why they do it, except for the fact that they are not automatons and were reacting to a ridiculous decision.
Old 15-03-2017, 13:30   #2206
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan George View Post
It's quite right that ManU should be charged, with their players mobbing around the ref & the guy who was sent off shouting the odds & not walking off for a while. Has any ref ever ever EVER changed his mind because of being shouted at, why do they do it, grown men acting like 6 year olds. Will this really be a thing of the past next season with the changes in rules, I'd like to think so, but I doubt it.
If the ref & done his job properly, then our player would not have been sent off & there would have been no angry response. Had he done his job properly then a lot of chelsea's mercenaries would have been booked for simulation & they would have been sent off. That's the change in rules needed. Quite right my arse.
MICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 13:31   #2207
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICON View Post
If the ref & done his job properly, then our player would not have been sent off & there would have been no angry response. Had he done his job properly then a lot of chelsea's mercenaries would have been booked for simulation & they would have been sent off. That's the change in rules needed. Quite right my arse.
although we did get lucky regarding Rojo, bizarrely.
Old 15-03-2017, 13:33   #2208
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
although we did get lucky regarding Rojo, bizarrely.
I understand it was a bit late for luck by then.
Old 15-03-2017, 13:35   #2209
MaxNutter

Yes, but our threadbare squad could do without any more long suspensions.
Old 15-03-2017, 14:53   #2210
MICON
Trusted User

Quote:
Yes, but our threadbare squad could do without any more long suspensions.
I agree, pity we sold Hernandez.
Old 15-03-2017, 14:59   #2211
MaxNutter

Really? It'll be two years come the summer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 15-03-2017, 18:34   #2212
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpig View Post

I don't remember Suarez stamping on anybody. He was stamped on many a time - including being on the end of a very nasty deliberate stamp on his ribs from Robert Huth. You won't be surprised to learn that the FA did nothing then either
AdamBrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 19:02   #2213
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
I don't remember Suarez stamping on anybody. He was stamped on many a time - including being on the end of a very nasty deliberate stamp on his ribs from Robert Huth. You won't be surprised to learn that the FA did nothing then either
Just the biting then?

Old 15-03-2017, 23:14   #2214
Alan George
Trusted User

Quote:
Are you asking a question there, or rambling to yourself?

What are the new rule changes, specifically regarding such incidents?

Oh, and no, the ref never changes his mind because he is being shouted at, and I've no idea why they do it, except for the fact that they are not automatons and were reacting to a ridiculous decision.
Well, rambling to yourself is a good description of all posts here really. I think you're right, no new rules (as far as I can see), maybe next year the refs are going to enforce the rules as they are. So, if you don't whinge & shout at the refs (maybe bad) decisions, that makes you an automaton does it, & not...an adult. If yellows & reds were handed out all this would stop very fast, it's down to the refs.
Alan George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 00:33   #2215
MaxNutter

Quote:
Well, rambling to yourself is a good description of all posts here really. I think you're right, no new rules (as far as I can see), maybe next year the refs are going to enforce the rules as they are. So, if you don't whinge & shout at the refs (maybe bad) decisions, that makes you an automaton does it, & not...an adult. If yellows & reds were handed out all this would stop very fast, it's down to the refs.
It is down to the refs. If they were consistent and made the correct decisions (human error accepted) then maybe the players would behave better.

The magnitude of the protests perhaps reflect the importance of the match?

The other option, and this would need to come from FIFA down through all levels and all nations, would be a rugby style approach, but I can't see this working in South America, for example, where they make us look like choirboys.

Old 16-03-2017, 13:08   #2216
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
If the ref & done his job properly, then our player would not have been sent off & there would have been no angry response.
Erm - the vast majority of people think the ref did do his job properly. Or are you suggesting that Herrera shouldn't have been sent off despite, correctly, receiving two yellow cards ??

Quote:
AFAIK there is no new rule in this regard. "Only the captain is allowed to the speak to the ref" has been in place for at least two years, the refs have always been able to book/send off players for dissent but very rarely do.

The fact that another rule is being introduced in an attempt to reinforce rules that already exists just shows how incompetent/weak refs are and ... no new rule is going to change that.

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 16-03-2017 at 13:11.
Old 16-03-2017, 13:32   #2217
MaxNutter

Quote:
AFAIK there is no new rule in this regard. "Only the captain is allowed to the speak to the ref" has been in place for at least two years, the refs have always been able to book/send off players for dissent but very rarely do.

The fact that another rule is being introduced
in an attempt to reinforce rules that already exists just shows how incompetent/weak refs are and ... no new rule is going to change that.
So is there a new rule or not?
Old 16-03-2017, 15:18   #2218
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
So is there a new rule or not?
I put the first 'new' in italics to sort of imply they are not new rules.

The current rules already state that only the captain can talk to the ref and dissent can be punished with yellow and red cards. If refs aren't strong enough to enforce already existent rules than adding more rules won't make any difference.
Old 16-03-2017, 15:21   #2219
MICON
Trusted User

[QUOTE=AdamBrunt;10262547]Erm - the vast majority of people think the ref did do his job properly. Or are you suggesting that Herrera shouldn't have been sent off despite, correctly, receiving two yellow cards ??

I see, so chelsea diving is perfectly alright for 'the vast majority' (not sure which poll that was) & a yellow for simulation for everyone else.
Old 16-03-2017, 16:26   #2220
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Quote:
Erm - the vast majority of people think the ref did do his job properly. Or are you suggesting that Herrera shouldn't have been sent off despite, correctly, receiving two yellow cards ??
I see, so chelsea diving is perfectly alright for 'the vast majority' (not sure which poll that was) & a yellow for simulation for everyone else.
30 seconds before Herrera fouls Hazard (and it was a foul) the referee clearly tells United players that he is on to their persistent fouling tactic. You do realise that not every foul is a booking and that not every foul that doesn't result in a booking is a "dive" by the other player, right ???

Persistent fouling is a bookable offense and applies to both an individual player or a whole team.

The 2nd yellow for Herrera was not for one particular foul but rather for the fact that it was the nth foul United had committed on Hazard and it just so happened that Herrera was the one who committed it.

Last edited by AdamBrunt; 16-03-2017 at 16:28.