Old 10-10-2016, 13:15   #281
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG

Ace - will pm you now! Ta
Old 10-10-2016, 21:34   #282
Wendelius
XBox Live: Wendelius

Great news!

Looking forward to exchanging impressions once we all got to try it.

Wendelius
Old 11-10-2016, 15:21   #283
Kevin
Trusted User

Just to let all of the Crimson Creek Ladies & Gents know that all of the Group Buy copies have been shipped out to you now, and you should receive them in a day or two...

Thanks for taking part in the Group Buy, and enjoy the game

Cheers,
Kevin
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 21:05   #284
Wendelius

Thanks Kevin! Looking forward to bringing it to the table.

Wendelius
Old 12-10-2016, 07:41   #285
vaderag

It's here!
Old 12-10-2016, 08:11   #286
vaderag

What a lovely package. The player markers are especially lovely.
Rules could use some simplification tho, just glanced through them and I'm confused as hell!!
Old 12-10-2016, 16:35   #287
Joober
Celebrity Moderator

There's a good Rahdo run through on YouTube that does well at showing how the game works. Be aware of the mistake on the act 2 reference card! Unless you got lucky with a corrected one.
Old 12-10-2016, 16:58   #288
vaderag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joober View Post
There's a good Rahdo run through on YouTube that does well at showing how the game works. Be aware of the mistake on the act 2 reference card! Unless you got lucky with a corrected one.
Was looking out for that, I think it's binoculars vs camera and think mine is a dud, but I haven't yet worked out where that comes into play. Hoping to take a closer look later
Old 12-10-2016, 19:00   #289
vaderag

Somebody help me out here... I've read the rulebook and can't see anything that references half the stuff on the quick reference card.
Also, I seem to have two different quick reference card (one's called cabin interiors... Is this just a variant? Has, ladder and ranger rich mentioned but don't see anything about them in the rules...

With the standard quick reference i also don't see in the rules the thing about removing camera/binoculars - which should it be? I also don't really understand why it's happening??

There doesn't seem anything specific in the rules about act 2 or 3 at all... So it seems they follow the same rules essentially, but I don't know a) which card I'm supposed to be removing, b) I don't know whether you remove and look at or just remove c) what happens if the one you're removing leaves the highway in a sleeve??

Bit confused! Overall makes sense but the misprint is confusing me and making me a bit worried it could be game breaking, esp since I can't find the equivalent info in the rulebook!!
Old 12-10-2016, 19:35   #290
Kevin
Trusted User

vaderag, I have messaged you a download link for a pdf of the new rule book which includes images of the corrected Quick Reference cards...

Hopefully, this rule book might be easier to follow...although I cannot comment personally, as I haven't even had a chance to unwrap the game myself yet!
Old 12-10-2016, 19:39   #291
Kevin
Trusted User

Just an add-on from a post by the game creator, which might help with the game mechanics...This was posted, and it sounds quite important as part of the game setup/play...I hope this helps...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We don't know if this is a shipment wide issue yet, but we have received word from a few Backers that their games have been delivered with an incorrect version of the Standard game “QUICK REFERENCE” Set-up card.

This card has an outdated reference on the ACT 2/3 side under the ACT 2 set-up, “Remove Camera Peeking sleeve and Reveal card.”

Instead, this card should have been printed with “Remove Binoculars Peeking sleeve and Reveal card.”

Binoculars” should replace the word “Camera”.

When playing the Standard version of CRIMSON CREEK, it is VERY important for the gameplay of ACT 2 that the Highway Location cards are removed along with the corresponding “Binoculars” Peeking sleeve and Reveal card.

The “Camera” Peeking sleeve and Reveal card must remain in play during ACT 2.

Please make sure to correct this when playing the Standard version of the game."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderag View Post
Somebody help me out here... I've read the rulebook and can't see anything that references half the stuff on the quick reference card.
Also, I seem to have two different quick reference card (one's called cabin interiors... Is this just a variant? Has, ladder and ranger rich mentioned but don't see anything about them in the rules...

With the standard quick reference i also don't see in the rules the thing about removing camera/binoculars - which should it be? I also don't really understand why it's happening??

There doesn't seem anything specific in the rules about act 2 or 3 at all... So it seems they follow the same rules essentially, but I don't know a) which card I'm supposed to be removing, b) I don't know whether you remove and look at or just remove c) what happens if the one you're removing leaves the highway in a sleeve??

Bit confused! Overall makes sense but the misprint is confusing me and making me a bit worried it could be game breaking, esp since I can't find the equivalent info in the rulebook!!

Last edited by Kevin; 12-10-2016 at 19:46.
Old 15-10-2016, 21:43   #292
Kevin
Trusted User

Hopefully, all of you Crimson Creekers should have your game by now...and well worth the wait I think it is

Just waiting on the final two postage PayPal payments...whenever you're ready guys and then I can close this Group Buy off as completed...

Cheers,
Kevin
Old 15-10-2016, 22:06   #293
Torf
PSN : Torf

Thanks Kevin - received a day or so ago. Going away now for my son's Christmas present - glad it's a good one!
Torf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 18:26   #294
vaderag

Printed my correction for the card only to find out the changed the layout for the new card so it doesn't match up. So going to have to print the whole middle section instead
Still, really looking forward to playing this!!
Old 18-10-2016, 07:57   #295
Kevin
Trusted User

Still waiting on the final 2 postage payments...Come on @rich.steed and @GreggB I just want to finish this Group Buy off...It'll only take you 30 seconds to get the payment sent! Surely you can spare me 30 seconds of your time!

Cheers,
Kevin
Old 19-10-2016, 18:14   #296
Kevin
Trusted User

Thanks for the postage payment @GregB

Just waiting on @rich.steed to pay the Ł4 and this Group Buy is complete...Any time you are ready @rich.steed

I'm sure you can spare me 30 seconds of your time, after me putting the effort into organising the Group Buy!

Cheers,
Kevin
Old 19-10-2016, 18:25   #297
rich.steed
Trusted User

Sent it about 4 days ago via PayPal. Will check when I get home
rich.steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 18:29   #298
Kevin
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich.steed View Post
Sent it about 4 days ago via PayPal. Will check when I get home
Hi,

I did drop you a message a few days ago to say that nothing came through via PayPal...I suspect that you mis-spelt the email address...can you double check that it went through please?

You have the correct email address in my last PM...

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 25-10-2016, 22:03   #299
Wendelius

We played the game twice this week-end and had a lot of fun. the game has got tension and tough decisions in spades. There is so little time to get everything done!

Also, the distrust between players leads to some fun situations when sharing clues, ending up with the totally wrong players being suspected of being the killer (or, in my case, getting successfully unmasked as the killer in the first game. And I would have succeeded too, if it weren't for those meddling teenagers in the woods!).

My main beef with the game is that acts go by quickly. And if players are not very efficient to find the lair and/or find a hiding place, things can go pear shaped very quickly. Our second game went from 5 to 2 players at the end of Act I. Not ideal if you play boardgames to have fun with everyone at the table.

But the game isn't so long it was a major issue. And the tension while you are in the game does make up for it.

I do recommend downloading and printing this note taking sheet for every player before a game: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/1...-crimson-creek

It makes things a lot easier to track.

Quote:
It is indeed a variant or mini expansion included in the Kickstarter. I was also wondering about them and asked the question on BoardGameGeek. The game creator replied here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/165...ng-cast-placem

That forum also has a few useful Q&As you might like to have handy once you play.

Quote:

That's explained on the Act set up cards. Basically, for Act II, you remove 1 location and thus also remove the corresponding sleeve and location cards. Same again for Act III. Simply follow the rules for what cards to remove and what character tokens to put into play based on those Act set up cards.

I found that the first game had us glancing at the rules and cards quite a bit. By the second play through, it made a lot more sense to everyone and we won't have issues playing again.

Wendelius
Old 26-10-2016, 06:24   #300
vaderag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelius View Post
We played the game twice this week-end and had a lot of fun. the game has got tension and tough decisions in spades. There is so little time to get everything done!

Also, the distrust between players leads to some fun situations when sharing clues, ending up with the totally wrong players being suspected of being the killer (or, in my case, getting successfully unmasked as the killer in the first game. And I would have succeeded too, if it weren't for those meddling teenagers in the woods!).

My main beef with the game is that acts go by quickly. And if players are not very efficient to find the lair and/or find a hiding place, things can go pear shaped very quickly. Our second game went from 5 to 2 players at the end of Act I. Not ideal if you play boardgames to have fun with everyone at the table.

But the game isn't so long it was a major issue. And the tension while you are in the game does make up for it.

I do recommend downloading and printing this note taking sheet for every player before a game: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/1...-crimson-creek

It makes things a lot easier to track.

It is indeed a variant or mini expansion included in the Kickstarter. I was also wondering about them and asked the question on BoardGameGeek. The game creator replied here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/165...ng-cast-placem

That forum also has a few useful Q&As you might like to have handy once you play.

That's explained on the Act set up cards. Basically, for Act II, you remove 1 location and thus also remove the corresponding sleeve and location cards. Same again for Act III. Simply follow the rules for what cards to remove and what character tokens to put into play based on those Act set up cards.

I found that the first game had us glancing at the rules and cards quite a bit. By the second play through, it made a lot more sense to everyone and we won't have issues playing again.

Wendelius
Thanks for all the info mate - def.looking forward to getting this to the table now!!