Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Gaming Forums > Board Games Forum

Old 08-09-2016, 18:41   #261
queeg500
Chump

Yeah I'm on the fence about it. Very tempted and I have and like the base game, but not sure about the expansion yet.
queeg500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 21:18   #262
vaderag
Gamertag: VaderAG

Is there a postage offer we could all get in on?
Old 08-09-2016, 22:46   #263
queeg500
Chump

There is, but it doesn't make much difference. Including shipping to the UK, 1/2/6/10 copies of the expansion work out at $36/$33/$~31/$30 each. I'd also be less confident of not incurring import duties with more than two copies. And that's before having to distribute copies further amongst a group of us once they've been delivered.

So probably not worth more than doubling-up, I'd say.
Old 09-09-2016, 18:23   #264
Adahn
Trusted User

The creator left a comment the other day too in reply to a load of people angling for cheaper EU postage saying that the postage costs were fixed. Seems this will be the price I'm afraid!
Old 11-09-2016, 21:18   #265
vaderag

Not a board game, but does anyone fancy a fidget cube??? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...sk-toy/rewards
5 for free shipping...
Old 11-09-2016, 21:29   #266
queeg500
Chump

Heh, might be tempted...
Old 12-09-2016, 22:51   #267
MetalGearAl
Trusted User

I really like it but the price is insane, £5 seems much more reasonable. Hopefully it will take off (certainly getting a lot of backers) and they can get it produced more cheaply.
MetalGearAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 07:02   #268
vaderag

It's under a tenner isn't it?
Old 13-09-2016, 10:51   #269
rich.steed
Trusted User

for 5 it's £12 ish each -including free shipping - might be up for one of these for my son who has dyspraxia and could do with a fiddling thing for school, etc
rich.steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2016, 13:23   #270
Wendelius
XBox Live: Wendelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
No, unfortunately, no word on it shipping yet...Can't be far off now, I wouldn't think!
Here is my 20 days later nag.

From an update last week, it sounds like most games have shipped and that they contacted recipients where there was an issue with the address: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1679254

No notification of either on your side?

Wendelius
Old 04-10-2016, 19:07   #271
Kevin
Trusted User

I just wanted to post an update regarding the Crimson Creek Group Buy, for all of those guys waiting (ever so) patiently...

The latest updates & comments on the KickStarter show that no one anywhere has actually received any copies...

These are a couple of the latest posts on the shipping subject...

Posted Yesterday:
"Shipping began on 8/29 does not necessarily mean that the packages were out the door on that exact date. Shipping could mean that labels had been created and the games were preparing for shipment. I backed Tiny Epic Western and the shipping and tracking from Ship Naked sucked. When I finally did get a tracking number it stated that a label was created on September 2, 2016 with an estimated ship date of September 15th, 2016. I finally received the package on September 23rd, 2016. Almost a full month from when the label was created until the game had arrived in my mailbox, and that was WITHIN THE US and not directly from China.
Toystorian received information that the games were shipping on August 29th, but that might not necessarily mean that they had left their warehouse and were in the mail on that exact day. The shipping information sent to Toystorian could have just meant that the labels had been created and were preparing for shipment. Actual mailing might not have occurred until September 13th.
Again, I feel that the information Toystorian has given us is based on the information that Wingo has given them. I feel that they have informed us to the best of their ability based on what information they have been given."

Posted Today:
"They've been fairly open about why the delays have occurred. I'd rather have the delays than substandard components. And it sounds like shipping is pretty much out of their hands at this point. Presumably they were given an estimate, which they passed on to us. The estimate may have been off, but it's not as though they can demand that the ship move faster. All that's required now is patience. Stop acting like it's life saving medication. It's a Kickstarter board game. Delays happen, and, as long as the rewards get here eventually there's little reason to get so worked up about it."

Actually, I get the impression from a post by the creator 4 days ago, that we are still about 3-4 weeks away from getting our games, as he mentioned the shipping date as 13th September (so it's only been 3 weeks), and then the games need to go to a EU re-shipper, so that we don't get any import fees, and I reckon that will add 2-3 weeks on, so my best guess (based on other games that I have had from EU re-shippers) would be the games arriving with me by the end of October, or very early November...

I will of course get them all shipped out the day they arrive! I have boxes at the ready

Cheers,
Kevin
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 19:31   #272
vaderag

Thanks for the update mate
Old 04-10-2016, 21:20   #273
Kevin
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderag View Post
Thanks for the update mate
You're welcome...I am sorry it is taking so long, but it is, unfortunately, a "feature" of KickStarters!!

Cheers,
Kevin
Old 08-10-2016, 00:15   #274
Kevin
Trusted User

Just a quick Crimson Creek update gents...

It appears as if a few copies have been arriving, mainly in the US, in the past 24 hours pr so, and there is also 1 report of a German copy arriving, so it looks like our copies should be imminent

There is an unfortunate post on the KickStarter page that one of the reference cards might have a misprint on it...it mentions a Camera instead of Binoculars...It is not confirmed whether this is a game-wide misprint, or just a small sample, but it does sound, from the wording of the KickStarter update, that this misprint is not going to be corrected with replacement cards, and that players are to make sure that they remember to use Binoculars, where it states Camera, for this particular action...

There is a PDF of the updated rulebook, along with images of the corrected card, so if anyone finds that they need it, they can download it from the Kickstarter update (update #26, which is not a backer only update, anyone should be able to access it...), or I can email you the PDF...

So, fingers crossed, I should have the games within a couple of weeks at the latest...

Cheers,
Kevin
Old 08-10-2016, 01:35   #275
Wendelius
XBox Live: Wendelius

Awesome. Thanks for the update.

Wendelius
Old 08-10-2016, 06:49   #276
vaderag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Just a quick Crimson Creek update gents...

It appears as if a few copies have been arriving, mainly in the US, in the past 24 hours pr so, and there is also 1 report of a German copy arriving, so it looks like our copies should be imminent

There is an unfortunate post on the KickStarter page that one of the reference cards might have a misprint on it...it mentions a Camera instead of Binoculars...It is not confirmed whether this is a game-wide misprint, or just a small sample, but it does sound, from the wording of the KickStarter update, that this misprint is not going to be corrected with replacement cards, and that players are to make sure that they remember to use Binoculars, where it states Camera, for this particular action...

There is a PDF of the updated rulebook, along with images of the corrected card, so if anyone finds that they need it, they can download it from the Kickstarter update (update #26, which is not a backer only update, anyone should be able to access it...), or I can email you the PDF...

So, fingers crossed, I should have the games within a couple of weeks at the latest...

Cheers,
Kevin
Thanks mate. Shame about the misprint but I guess these things happen. Sharpie should sort that out
Old 08-10-2016, 12:46   #277
Kevin
Trusted User

Just a quick update, regarding the reference card misprint in Crimson Creek...

It actually doesn't sound as bad as it first looked. The misprint is not on any of the game cards, but on a reference sheet which was added last minute as an aid memoire for the game rules/sequence of play.

You don't even need to use it, as it looks like it just summarises the rules in the rule book, and the rule book is printed correctly..

So, not a disaster by any stretch, and certainly something that can either be fixed with a sharpie, or a self print of the corrected reference sheet...or simply by just using the (correctly printed) rule book...

You wouldn't believe the number of people "losing it" on the KickStarter forum over this!!!

Anyway, not long now hopefully, as a few more EU copies seemed to have arrived in various countries today...
Old 08-10-2016, 12:47   #278
Torf
PSN : Torf

Thanks for the updates
Torf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:27   #279
Kevin
Trusted User

Hey you Crimson Creek guys...Look what just arrived at my door!

I will just need you to message me your address details, and I will get them parcelled up this evening, and posted off to you tomorrow...

I haven't even opened one up yet, as they came pre-packaged in that secure plastic bubble stuff, so they look really secure, and I should be able to simply put them in a small box, and away we go...

Thanks for your patience guys, and for joining in the Group Buy to begin with...Things are just about to pay off

Cheers,
Kevin
Old 10-10-2016, 12:56   #280
GregB
Stagger Lee

Woo hoo. Great news

I've pm'd you my details

Cheers
GregB is offline   Reply With Quote