Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 28-04-2012, 16:12   #141
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
Sadly, the decision isn't down to the fans, not that decisions like this ever are!
I think the opinion of the fans are taken on board, to an extent, at many clubs. But definately Man City fans' opinions are completely irrelevant at their former club.

For the record, I don't care if Mancini is sacked or not. My only view is that he is has been shown as a mediocre manager who has made a few shocking decisions during the season.
Old 28-04-2012, 19:47   #142
Rob
Indie Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2000s View Post
I think the opinion of the fans are taken on board, to an extent, at many clubs. But definately Man City fans' opinions are completely irrelevant at their former club.

For the record, I don't care if Mancini is sacked or not. My only view is that he is has been shown as a mediocre manager who has made a few shocking decisions during the season.
Eh? Shocking decisions? Sure you're not on about Kenny Dog Leash here?

Tevez: Mancini had a rant, lost his cool but WITHIN A WEEK had offered the olive branch. The fact that Tevez took a few months to accept his offer and the press had a field day in the mean time is not the fault of the manager or the club - whose positions were made clear and did not change throughout the sorry saga.

Balotelli: Mancini has backed him and Balotelli has let him down. Whether he plays again, I don't know, but that's the manager's decision and he may live or die by it.

Tactics: Spot on for most of the season. A couple of formations and tactical choices that didn't work, but he's a lot quicker to try to put it right than most managers.
Old 29-04-2012, 00:00   #143
fattyboombatty
The idiots are winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
What the non-City fans don't seem to appreciate is that we haven't won multiple Champions Leagues/titles/cups over the last 40 years.

These are golden times with Mancini - he's won us the cup, got us into the Champions League and we're in for a shout of the title! Yes he's had the biggest financial backing in history, but win lose or draw on Monday, you can sign me up for another 10 seasons like this one right now.

I'm pretty sure he's saying different things to his players than he's saying to the press.
can't really argue with that. you want success for your club and ultimately fans have no or very, very little control over who owns/runs their club. however; mancini isn't in control at city and he doesn't have the final word, as demonstrated by having to swallow the tevez declaration. ...and i forget where i'm going with this... so ...er ..yeah. HAVE THAT!
Old 29-04-2012, 01:31   #144
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Eh? Shocking decisions? Sure you're not on about Kenny Dog Leash here?

Tevez: Mancini had a rant, lost his cool but WITHIN A WEEK had offered the olive branch. The fact that Tevez took a few months to accept his offer and the press had a field day in the mean time is not the fault of the manager or the club - whose positions were made clear and did not change throughout the sorry saga.

Balotelli: Mancini has backed him and Balotelli has let him down. Whether he plays again, I don't know, but that's the manager's decision and he may live or die by it.

Tactics: Spot on for most of the season. A couple of formations and tactical choices that didn't work, but he's a lot quicker to try to put it right than most managers.
Sorry, when did i become the king kenny advocate on the forums? I love the man, but i have been one of his biggest managerial critics on the Liverpool thread.
As for Mancini, his handling of the Tevez and Bollatelli incidents have been laughable. Leaving Mario on the pitch the other week showed him up as a clown. The fact that he turned a stroll to the title into a climb of everest is a disgrace,especially after spending Ł400m or whatever ............ LMFAO at Roberto Mancini.
"accept his offer"? there has never been a legitimate apology from Tevez. There is no doubt whatsoever that he won that feud with Roberto!
Old 29-04-2012, 11:27   #145
Flap

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2000s View Post

It's ok everyone, this guy has the inside track at MCFC. He knows what's really going on.
Old 29-04-2012, 11:45   #146
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flap View Post
It's ok everyone, this guy has the inside track at MCFC. He knows what's really going on.
Inside track? The owners publish how much they have spunked on your club. It would be a disgrace for City fans to try to tell the Arabs how to run their club. Just be grateful they let you watch the games and let you bask in the reflected glory
Old 29-04-2012, 12:52   #147
Panavision
Cinematographer BSC

Cheering you guys on tomorrow 2 - 1.
Old 29-04-2012, 13:21   #148
MaxNutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panavision View Post
Cheering you guys on tomorrow 2 - 1.
Shocker!
Old 30-04-2012, 09:29   #149
Grunge
Trusted User

Some forum fodder articles. Lets get the forum going before the Derby shall we.

The independent explaining and defending Man City spending spree, pretty much backing up everything Citysmith, Rob and myself have been saying.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...y-7689085.html

And Tevez wants to stay at City now.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...-city-to-glory
Old 30-04-2012, 09:49   #150
nutter45
burninator

Money buys you the best players, shock horror

I must have missed the bit where it said City were on course to break even, or even turn a profit

Last edited by nutter45; 30-04-2012 at 09:49.
Old 30-04-2012, 10:13   #151
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutter45 View Post
Money buys you the best players, shock horror

I must have missed the bit where it said City were on course to break even, or even turn a profit
My error for saying Everything.. obviously not every post we have ever written is backed up by it, but I was taking that as a given. But then I should have guessed everything would need to be spelt out in minute details with bullet points of all the correlating nuances.

Last edited by Grunge; 30-04-2012 at 10:14.
Old 30-04-2012, 10:14   #152
DeadYankee

Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,134 Posts
All the article says is that cheats prosper. The game as a sport is dead under those circumstances.

It is utterly perplexing that a team in administration is docked points but a team with a sluice of dirty money spewing into it can proceed untrammeled. Man City are a cancer in the game.
Old 30-04-2012, 10:25   #153
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadYankee View Post
All the article says is that cheats prosper. The game as a sport is dead under those circumstances.
No it doesn't, it says those that are successful prosper, those teams that get close without having the investment to keep the talent just have there talent "poached".

Last edited by Grunge; 30-04-2012 at 10:25.
Old 30-04-2012, 10:27   #154
DeadYankee

The only thing Man City have been "successful" at is spending unearned money.
Old 30-04-2012, 10:30   #155
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
The only thing Man City have been "successful" at is spending unearned money.
And how can any team break into being a champions league regular without investment?, As the article points out, you get close once and you have your most talented players taken by a team that's already a regular.
Old 30-04-2012, 10:34   #156
DeadYankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
And how can any team break into being a champions league regular without investment?, As the article points out, you get close once and you have your most talented players taken by a team that's already a regular.
That's nothing more than an argument to justify the cheating. It wont wash. Your tinpot club just becomes part of the problem, as can be seen by your poaching of players from proper Clubs like Arsenal.

There's nothing more to say. Your club is a festering, illegitimate pile of dung and nothing you ever achieve will have any worth.

Last edited by DeadYankee; 30-04-2012 at 10:36.
Old 30-04-2012, 10:37   #157
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
That's nothing more than an argument to justify the cheating. It wont wash. Your tinpot club just becomes part of the problem, as can be seen by your poaching of players from proper Clubs like Arsenal.

There's nothing more to say. Your club is a festering, illegitimate pile of dung and nothing you ever achieve will have any worth.
So Its a question you cant answer then? so you just fling some typical insults around to try to deflect from that.

Not responding to DY specifically here, The only way I can see to alleviate the problem of the elite's strangle hold is either cut the monetary bonus of the champions league and split it between all teams or to segregate the CL into a euro super league with 1 club each year from each country demoted/promoted.

You'll probably have a lot of yoyo teams bouncing up and down but there is more chance of a team getting promoted and managing to stay up for a year or 2 and gaining a foothold.

Last edited by Grunge; 30-04-2012 at 10:44.
Old 30-04-2012, 10:41   #158
DeadYankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
So Its a question you cant answer then? so you just fling some typical insults around to try to deflect from that.
It is an illegitimate question founded on the principle of corrupting Sport. I can answer it all day long. The only answer, ultimately though is that you do it by cheating. Which your degenerate Club has elected to do. I make no insults - these are matters of fact.

It may satisfy your ego to imagine that you could win an argument with sentient being but, in reality, it isn't going to happen.

Last edited by DeadYankee; 30-04-2012 at 10:42.
Old 30-04-2012, 10:51   #159
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
It is an illegitimate question founded on the principle of corrupting Sport. I can answer it all day long. The only answer, ultimately though is that you do it by cheating. Which your degenerate Club has elected to do. I make no insults - these are matters of fact.

It may satisfy your ego to imagine that you could win an argument with sentient being but, in reality, it isn't going to happen.
I have no ego in this, Its a perfectly legitimate and genuine question, raised multiple times on here and has been raised again by the article and that no club since the PL/CL were created has been able to answer with "legitimate" spending as you call it.

If you can answer it im sure there will be a lot of PL teams out there willing to pay you millions for that answer.

Without external investment how can a team gain CL success year in year out?

Last edited by Grunge; 30-04-2012 at 11:02.
Old 30-04-2012, 11:02   #160
Grunge
Trusted User

Last edited by Grunge; 30-04-2012 at 11:02.
Closed Thread