Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 20-04-2012, 12:45   #101
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
No, what doesn't make sense is you appearing to only consider salary as someone's basic wage. No wonder your figures are low.

So Tevez only gets a 'salary' (as you call it) of £x and gets £y in bonuses, right ? Who did you think pays him the £y ? And we're not talking about sponshorhip deals here (they aren't paid by the club usually)
Lol, Salary IS Basic wage.

Bonuses are bonuses. addons are addons. they are on top of salary.

Heres a hint for you. Generally, If you are ever asked by banks/Credit card/Inland Revenue etc etc what your salary is its what you are guaranteed to be getting in, not what you might get in with all additions and bonuses.

Last edited by Grunge; 20-04-2012 at 12:55.
Old 20-04-2012, 12:54   #102
nutter45
burninator

Enjoying this enlightening debate
Old 20-04-2012, 13:01   #103
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutter45 View Post
Enjoying this enlightening debate
2 more days till a match, I could comment on the youth team but I end up getting the same ol "you nick youth from around the world" gubbins.

That leaves training to talk about.

One thing that I was going to comment on was this, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ck-father.html

It could explain why mancini seems to disappear a lot and always seems to look shattered.

Last edited by Grunge; 20-04-2012 at 13:01.
Old 20-04-2012, 14:50   #104
AdamBrunt
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
Lol, Salary IS Basic wage.

Bonuses are bonuses. addons are addons. they are on top of salary.

Heres a hint for you. Generally, If you are ever asked by banks/Credit card/Inland Revenue etc etc what your salary is its what you are guaranteed to be getting in, not what you might get in with all additions and bonuses.
Do be quiet - if you don't tell the Inland Revenue about additions, bonuses then you're guilty of tax evasion. In fact most people tell the banks/credit card companies their total pay (not basic). The only people who tend to ignore bonuses are mortgage lenders. Everyone else wants to know your total earnings.
Old 20-04-2012, 15:28   #105
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBrunt View Post
Do be quiet - if you don't tell the Inland Revenue about additions, bonuses then you're guilty of tax evasion. In fact most people tell the banks/credit card companies their total pay (not basic). The only people who tend to ignore bonuses are mortgage lenders. Everyone else wants to know your total earnings.
Where have I said the the IR wouldn't know about bonuses? Of course they would and as I've stated before, bonuses are taxed at a higher tax bracket because they are not part of your standard tax bracket salary income.

You seem to be unable to grasp what im talking about, Bonuses are not salary. its a very simple concept, Yes occasionally lenders will go by "Expected income" rather than Salary but that's neither here nor there.

Anyways, that's the last Im going to comment on it.

Edit: I accidentally put IR on my post above about who asks for Salary info. While IR need to know totals they need the basic salary to calculate tax brackets..

Last edited by Grunge; 20-04-2012 at 15:36.
Old 20-04-2012, 16:19   #106
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
Fixed that for you.
No, you didn't, to blame your club's disgraceful financial behaviour as some sort of media conspiracy is laughable.
Old 20-04-2012, 21:34   #107
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2000s View Post
No, you didn't, to blame your club's disgraceful financial behaviour as some sort of media conspiracy is laughable.
Did you fail to Notice the AND in the sentence?
Old 22-04-2012, 16:59   #108
MaxNutter

It's all on for next Monday now!

Wonder if Citysmith is going to be in the fanzone again?
Old 22-04-2012, 18:53   #109
Rob
Indie Author

Battling performance today. Could have been out of sight if all those early chances had been taken but Wolves battled on and it wasn't until late in the game that City could relax.

A good substitution from Mancini early in the 2nd half. Wolves came out and pressed hard and the introduction of De Jong added some steel and balance. On the face of it, a negative move taking Silva off, but in reality it was simply bringing De Jong on so that Yaya could raid forward, which he did several times, although without scoring.

My man of the match would have been Clichy: solid in defence for most of the game and a defence splitter to play Aguero in for his goal.

Slight advantage to United, but if we win the derby, we'll undoubtedly be favourites, even with the tough game at Newcastle to come. I still reckon Sunderland could do United on the last day as well.
Old 22-04-2012, 19:06   #110
Citysmith
Feed the Goat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxNutter View Post
It's all on for next Monday now!

Wonder if Citysmith is going to be in the fanzone again?
No they only do Fanzone for the Sunday fixtures. Makes for an interesting finish to the league and it's in our hands as well as Manchester Uinteds.
Old 23-04-2012, 00:24   #111
Tafsir
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I still reckon Sunderland could do United on the last day as well.
good job brucey bonus is not there , if it goes too the last game of the season
Old 23-04-2012, 06:04   #112
Rob
Indie Author

Yeah I'd much rather have United come up against a Martin O'Neill team than a Steve Bruce team in the last game.
Old 23-04-2012, 07:18   #113
Fever Dawg
Genetically different

United could still get a 'Hughesy bonus' on the final day though.

How sweet would that be?
Old 23-04-2012, 07:26   #114
Rob
Indie Author

True.

Also, I forgot to mention, but the media comments about how crucial goal difference is make me laugh every time.
Crucial in terms of we might win on GD yes, but every commentator seems to think that City need to score more and more because we might need more on the GD column.

5 bonus points to the first person who can come up with a credible scenario in which United win the title on goal difference. As far as I can see, that's not going to happen.

Last edited by Rob; 23-04-2012 at 07:30.
Old 23-04-2012, 08:09   #115
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,229 Times in 871 Posts
Quote:
True.

Also, I forgot to mention, but the media comments about how crucial goal difference is make me laugh every time.
Crucial in terms of we might win on GD yes, but every commentator seems to think that City need to score more and more because we might need more on the GD column.

5 bonus points to the first person who can come up with a credible scenario in which United win the title on goal difference. As far as I can see, that's not going to happen.
I don't see how United can win the title on goal difference, they are at the moment 6 behind. If City beat United (which they will need to) by a goal, it'll increase the goal difference between them to 8.

City will need to win their other two matches I feel (unless United really fall down), increasing their goal difference by at least 2.

So United would need to increase their goal difference by 10 to stand any chance of winning it that way.

So aside from a 5-0 drubbing of Swansea and Sunderland, I'd say it was pretty unlikely.

As for the bonus thing - It'd depend on what the bonuses were whether they should be considered salary in my eyes. There'd surely be bonuses based on goals scored, appearances, wins, etc.
Old 23-04-2012, 08:26   #116
Guest 82401
Trusted User

I was hoping that with all the money Man City have they would have been able to spend some of it on grammar lessons for Adam Clayton:

https://twitter.com/#!/clayts15

One of the best signings we've made in recent years though, and feel he's going to be a hugely important player for us next season, so nice one City!

We seem to have had a few ex-City players the past few years - Clayton, Kasper, Brown and, of course, Paul Dickov
Old 23-04-2012, 08:43   #117
pivotalgubbins
Trusted User

Quote:
GD was only important when we looked like we would turn it around - now that City are 6 clear it is irrelevant. If we caught you up on GD then this would most likely be because we beat you next week, in which case the title is over.

Media get absolutely fascinated by GD, away goals, etc... so no surprise!
Old 23-04-2012, 13:37   #118
Fever Dawg
Genetically different

Quote:

Listen to your own manager. He says City might win 1-0, 1-0, 1-0 and then United beat Swansea 10-0 and Sunderland 2-0. It must be credible if Mancini said it.

Now what to spend my 5 bonus points on ....
Old 23-04-2012, 15:16   #119
HenryKrinkle
Clean, like my conscience

United are 3 points clear, if we beat you on Monday we'll be 6 points clear with 2 games left (6 points available). If United then go and lose the last 2 games (...unlikely but also quite possible) and City win theirs then it's all down to goal difference ain't it! The only real chance of it actually coming down to GD is if we give you a 5-0 spanking next week and then go and lose by 1 goal at both Swansea and Sunderland!

...basically, it's really, really unlikely to happen...except for us smacking 5 past you next week, that'll happen for sure!
Old 23-04-2012, 20:21   #120
Rob
Indie Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryKrinkle View Post
United are 3 points clear, if we beat you on Monday we'll be 6 points clear with 2 games left (6 points available). If United then go and lose the last 2 games (...unlikely but also quite possible) and City win theirs then it's all down to goal difference ain't it! The only real chance of it actually coming down to GD is if we give you a 5-0 spanking next week and then go and lose by 1 goal at both Swansea and Sunderland!

...basically, it's really, really unlikely to happen...except for us smacking 5 past you next week, that'll happen for sure!
That was the most likely scenario that I could come up with, which proves my point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dawg View Post
Listen to your own manager. He says City might win 1-0, 1-0, 1-0 and then United beat Swansea 10-0 and Sunderland 2-0. It must be credible if Mancini said it.
... and this reinforces it!

Last edited by Rob; 23-04-2012 at 20:22.
Closed Thread