Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Music Discussion

Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 19:25   #41
Flip Martian
Internet radio DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian turner View Post
More fool you ...
Excuse me?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian turner View Post
Shouldn't have to google ticket agencies as you should be subscribed to their mailing lists as the best source of info on up and coming gigs as venues are less reticent than the bands own websites when it comes to announcing gigs so you have a greater chance of getting tickets before they sell out.
Well naturally I have now seen the error of my ways and will immediately subscribe to every ticket agency I can find in the hope that my inbox will fill up with useful information on the few bands around these days that I like and might tour 1 day. Thank you so much for putting me right on that score.
Flip Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:38   #42
Guest 21985
Grave Wisdom

Guess who had the worst tickets yes that's right 02 BlueRoom and Ticketmaster the official 02 London Dome ticket agents. My mate used them at 9am Friday and they only had block numbers beginning 4 up in the gods. I used www.stargreen.com who I have used for years and got tickets in block 111! they also had standing. Moral: do not believe 02 and ticketmaster BS hype

Last edited by ShawnDuHast; 11-07-2011 at 17:50.
Guest 21985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:45   #43
dangermouse
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnDuHast View Post
Guess who had the worst tickets yes that's right 02 BlueRoom and Ticketmaster the official 02 London Dome ticket agents. My mate used them at 9am Friday and they only had block numbers beginning 4 up in the gods. I used stargreen . com who I have used for years and got tickets in block 111! they also had standing. Moral: do not believe 02 and ticketmaster BS hype
Thanks for the tip as I also found the initial Blueroom & Ticketmaster selection to be lame.
dangermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:40   #44
ian turner
Trusted User

As usual after their first batch of tickets ran out the relevant agencies now have been allocated further standing tickets
ian turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:44   #45
Flip Martian
Internet radio DJ

Perhaps for those who want to stand its worth hanging on after the initial rush then. Or subscribing to every agency under the sun.

Must admit I would have preferred seats facing the stage head on but not complaining about my tickets; I'm happy to leave standing areas to the die hard fans who want them.
Flip Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 14:56   #46
ian turner
Trusted User

Standing gets released in blocks sometimes and with seating you have to search around the ticket sellers as they seem to only have particular blocks allocated to them.
Another reason to not go to the major ticketsellers seetickets and ticketmaster for high demand tickets would be that their websites may slow to a crawl under heavy demand (see the olympic ticket second sale debacle for instance)
Old 11-07-2011, 15:11   #47
NicolaUK
Trusted User

For London events always look at Stargreen first
NicolaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 17:46   #48
RomerojpgX
Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lintone View Post
Last time they played the arena a third of it was closed off from the back.Be warned that if yuo go to the front,when i saw them the whole of the front section where absolutely drenched,looked like they had just thrown themselves in a bath. I am in the seats again as i am old and boring.

Hey when you say drenched, is that from band members turning water squirters etc.. On those at the front?
I guess I only will worry abot my camera haha - I may have to take it in a baggie to keep it dry I am used to getting a bit wet at some gigs, mind you as long as it is not pee being tossed over me I wont mind too much haha

I have acctually still never seen the Newcastle Metro Arena even close to full, only seen Linkin Park and Faithless last year in there and both times they blocked off the back a load. Its like cheating doing that.
RomerojpgX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 01:04   #49
captaineyecatch
Slatanic Wehrmacht Capt.

Managed to get standing tickets from ticketfactory for birmingham a couple of months after they intially sold out, so it does seem they release them in blocks.
Old 24-02-2012, 08:47   #50
Guest 21985
Grave Wisdom

Shake Head viagogo & seatwave ARE as dodgy as you thought they were!!!

check about dodgy websites viagogo & seatwave who have been caught out by Ch4 Dispatches http://forums.thedigitalfix.com/foru...d.php?t=614846
Now you know why gigs sell out within minutes and you never get good seats even on the day of sale at 9am!!!!

I'll be at the O2 tonight - up in the Gods thanks to them

Last edited by ShawnDuHast; 24-02-2012 at 08:50.
Old 25-02-2012, 12:17   #51
captaineyecatch
Slatanic Wehrmacht Capt.

Quote:
check about dodgy websites viagogo & seatwave who have been caught out by Ch4 Dispatches http://forums.thedigitalfix.com/foru...d.php?t=614846
Now you know why gigs sell out within minutes and you never get good seats even on the day of sale at 9am!!!!

I'll be at the O2 tonight - up in the Gods thanks to them
So how was the show??

Really looking forward to tonights.
Old 25-02-2012, 21:00   #52
Guest 21985
Grave Wisdom

Well best ever I think and I've seen every yes every London show since 2001 incl 4 nights at Brixton!!! This I think is the best though - why? because only 2 songs from the last 2 albums and Bueck Dich back in "all it's glory"!!!

Sound was also back on a par with Brixton and superb unlike the abysmal sound at Wembley Arena 2 years ago.

To do this show and make it as real & personal as it felt night in night out - true professionals!

Looking forward to next Friday at Nottingham

Last edited by ShawnDuHast; 26-02-2012 at 20:33.
Old 26-02-2012, 17:26   #53
Guest 65023
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomerojpgX View Post
I have acctually still never seen the Newcastle Metro Arena even close to full, only seen Linkin Park and Faithless last year in there and both times they blocked off the back a load. Its like cheating doing that.
I've seen it sold out quite a few times, but I know what you mean. Westlife and Peter Kay do well, but "decent" bands rarely sell it out. I think Sheffield suffers the same way.
Guest 65023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 17:27   #54
Guest 65023
Trusted User

Quote:
Well best ever I think and I've seen every yes every London show since 2001 incl 4 nights at Brixton!!! This I think is the best though - why? because only 2 songs from the last 2 albums and Bueck Dich back in "all it's glory"!!!

Sound was also back on a par with Brixton and superb unlike the abysmal sound at Wembley Arena 2 years ago.

To do this show and make it as real & persoanl as it felt night in night out - true professionals!

Looking forward to next Friday at Nottingham
I'm very excited about Wednesday.
Guest 65023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 17:38   #55
captaineyecatch
Slatanic Wehrmacht Capt.

Totally agree with you. Last night at Birmingham Lg arena was stunning, Rammstein put on a hell of a show, saw them on there last tour which was great but this is even better, fantastic entertainment
Managed to get at the front so got some good (for me as im no photographer) pictures and some vids. Also got a I Survived first row with Rammstein sticker which was handed out to everyone at the front.
Put my pics and vids on facebook but heres a couple...

Guest 21985 (26-02-2012)
Old 03-03-2012, 00:29   #56
dangermouse
Trusted User

I saw the O2 Arena & Birmingham shows - amazing entertainment as expected I really hope they tour again next year. I only wish I could have convinced more of my friends to go as it is such a fun and exciting show!
dangermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:43   #57
Guest 21985
Grave Wisdom

Nottingham Arena was even better the the O2. It was louder, venue was half the size so we were level with the small stage and the mix was clearer and more balanced between all the instruments especially Flakes keyboard. Fantastic as ever yet again :-)
Old 03-03-2012, 11:55   #58
ian turner
Trusted User

Did anyone climb onto the walkway at the other gigs ? At Nottingham there was one hanging by his hands and another was using his feet too then one of them was up on the walkway but managed to slide out before the security managed to grab him.
Hope the kid that was sitting on his dads shoulders does a show and tell with his photographs at school, might get a visit from the social workers when they see the ones of Til slipping his bratwurst into Flakes sauerkraut (not quite the metaphor in the song but it'll do).
£30 for the tshirt was a minor case of extortion . Hmm no Greek dates, the Made In Germany tshirts would have sold well

Last edited by ian turner; 03-03-2012 at 11:56.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:40   #59
Guest 42727
-=DVF=- Member

I was at the Nottingham gig, and it was all kinds of awesome. We did laugh at the guys hanging off the bridge and then trying to get away from security
Guest 42727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:44   #60
captaineyecatch
Slatanic Wehrmacht Capt.

Did anyone climb into Flakes boat like they did at birmingham? Poor Flake looked really worried
Thought the Shirt prices were pretty good £25 for a tshirt. The posters and flags etc were dirt cheap 30p upwards. Was weird there was no fake stuff for sale outside after the gig, maybe they cracked down?

Last edited by captaineyecatch; 03-03-2012 at 12:46.
captaineyecatch is offline   Reply With Quote