Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > DVD and Blu-ray Discussion > Home Cinema @ The Digital Fix Comments

Old 27-06-2011, 11:45   #1
Guest 10924

[Blu-Ray Review] Cold Fish

Comments attached to the Blu-Ray Review 'Cold Fish' on Movies @ The Digital Fix

Sion Sono returns with an exhilarating work of vivid colour, twisted morality, and monstrous brutality....

Click here to read!
Guest 10924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 11:45   #2
Guest 76607
Trusted User

I saw this at the cinema earlier this year and remember thinking that it would probably look less than stellar on Blu Ray, as it was very grainy. As such I imagine this is a pretty faithful transfer of the source materials. Great film by the way -the couple I went to see it with walked out during the last 20 mins!
Guest 76607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 14:15   #3
Guest 77559
Trusted User

Yeah, I think you're right, I saw it at the London Film Festival and I thought I recalled it being a bit rough-looking. Just ordered my copy, even if the transfer is genuinely problematic there's unlikely to be a superior import version at a reasonable price.

For anyone wondering if this is going to be a bit "heavy" for them, I think it's worth stressing that although the film is indeed disturbing, violent, and ultimately very bleak, it's also very funny at times, especially early on.
Guest 77559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 04:20   #4
Guest 75005
Trusted User

What's with the weird horizontal lines on the image though? It's like stripes that are present throughout, more visible in dark scenes, and there's a brightness flickering effect like once a second too, I've not really come across something like this before.

The film: 4.5/5
Guest 75005 is offline   Reply With Quote