Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Shopping and Money Forums > Suppliers and Shopping Forum

Old 20-10-2011, 18:12   #1
GarethH
Idle

Yodel - Worst Delivery company in history?

I can't understand why companies use Yodel for delivery? Company ordered a Motorolla Xoom a few months ago and it took two weeks to deliver. Every day it said out for delivery but it never turned up

Now my brother ordered an iPhone 4s on Friday and it did the same thing...out for delivery and no parcel 3 days later. Apparently it was in Borehamwood and he went to collect it but they couldn't find it.

Aa replacement was due for delivery today and that too hasn't turned up despite saying out for delivery.

It seems we are not the only ones: http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews251651.html has 618 1 star out of 5 reviews.

I do actually wonder if they are a scam company losing most their parcels!
Old 20-10-2011, 18:47   #2
hookbeak
Poor, poor you.

No one beats city link. Long ago they one delivered my PC to some bloke in another town and gave me 2 monitors (he had 2 pcs). They made me go with them and explain it the bloke (i was only 17, these days they'd get told to **** off) meaning i spent the whole day stuck in their van just to get my stuff. I only did it as it had taken them EIGHT weeks to get this far with delivering it, during which time they'd delivered it to several other people.

Then there was the time the citylink driver ran away from me when i opened the door as he carded me and i chased him up the street, he then crashed his van trying to escape...

what the **** ?
hookbeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked once by:
kohoutec (25-10-2011)
Old 20-10-2011, 19:19   #3
GarethH
Idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookbeak View Post
No one beats city link. Long ago they one delivered my PC to some bloke in another town and gave me 2 monitors (he had 2 pcs). They made me go with them and explain it the bloke (i was only 17, these days they'd get told to **** off) meaning i spent the whole day stuck in their van just to get my stuff. I only did it as it had taken them EIGHT weeks to get this far with delivering it, during which time they'd delivered it to several other people.

Then there was the time the citylink driver ran away from me when i opened the door as he carded me and i chased him up the street, he then crashed his van trying to escape...

what the **** ?
Oh that's terrible. I had loads of problems with CityLink and thought they were bad until Yodel came along.
Old 20-10-2011, 19:42   #4
jockosjungle
formerly rbullivant

Thanked 1,223 Times in 866 Posts
They're cheap I think, used to be hdnl
jockosjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 20:02   #5
Guest 49794
XBL: kerzo84

They have taken over DHLs operations here, haven't a good word to say about them in the limited times I have been forced to suffer them.
Guest 49794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2011, 22:26   #6
arma_uk
Trusted User

yeah it's what was once HDNL and now they've bought the DHL Domestic business (what was once securicor omega express, iirc). i think most if not all of the drivers are self-employed. as a business customer, i've found that the service has dropped dramatically since it went to HDNL - the attitudes of the drivers (very unprofessional), poor delivery reliability etc.

funny thing is it's still possible to send a parcel within the uk with dhl express (and it always was), for those who want to use dhl. before they sold off the domestic side, we had to have two accounts and two collection schedules, with two pricing structures - even if sending parcels within the uk. they were always treated as two separate entities and had their own networks. mad.
arma_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 08:49   #7
Zaichik
Trusted User

Have HDNL rebranded as part of the acquisition of DHL? I still see lots of HDNL trucks and vans around our way, in addition to the Yodel ones. I thought they were running as separate operations.
Zaichik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 09:18   #8
TigaSefi
Xbox Live/PS3 : TigaSefi

Don't even get me started on these *******!!!
Old 21-10-2011, 11:59   #9
Tob
Trusted User

Quote:

what the **** ?
That made me laugh out loud!
Tob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 12:00   #10
Hernster
Toon Army Member

Quote:
he then crashed his van trying to escape...
Hernster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 12:06   #11
brendonw
360 - BrendonDoubleU

Yodel are lying scumbags too.

Tried to get something delivered to work. It didnt turn up. Chased it and then told me that I was on holiday and that there was no one to sign for it.

I work for HP pretty much a 24x7 operation!!!!
brendonw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 16:54   #12
Yetiboy
Don't Cry

they're absolutely horrid. i'm convinced they frequently just don't bother attempting to deliver packages, leaving you with no card meaning you have to navigate the switchboard to get it redelivered, only for the exact same thing to happen again. absolutely HORRID. i'd advise anyone to go collect from them if you can.
Yetiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 17:31   #13
RBZ5416
Trusted User

The most annoying thing for me is that Amazon use these clowns. It's so bad that I won't use Amazon now for anything that this shower may eventually deliver.
Old 21-10-2011, 21:44   #14
johnson293
Black and White Member

Same thing for me with Yodel recently. Waiting for a dleivery to work, tracker said it was out for delivery, but it didn't arrive when I left in the evening.

Next day when it still hadn't been delivered, I checked the tracker again - it said there had been two delivery attepts the previous day and a card left each time - there were people in the office at both times and no cards were left.

I emailed them to chase it up, without reply. It then arrived later that day, but there was no explaination about the alleged previous delivery attempts.

I then got a reply to my email a few days later, simply advising that my parcel had been delivered.
johnson293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 07:56   #15
Guest 1330
No Wakka for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBZ5416 View Post
The most annoying thing for me is that Amazon use these clowns. It's so bad that I won't use Amazon now for anything that this shower may eventually deliver.
Yup... in fact I've pretty much stopped using internet shopping for anything that won't fit through the letterbox as it's become such a pain waiting for stuff to be delivered and wondering if it'll actually turn up/be the right thing/be in one piece. The troubles my brother had with amazon deliveries REALLY put me off using them and I'm reluctant these days to even use them for music and movies given the repeated problems he had.

Last edited by Fozzybear; 22-10-2011 at 07:59.
Guest 1330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 12:05   #16
Wowbagger
Don't tell him, Pike

I hadn't heard of this company till this morning. I'm sitting waiting for a package from M&S that I've paid to have delivered today. According to Yodel's tracking history it was delivered to me at 8 am this morning - a commendable feat, since they haven't actually been anywhere near my house yet.

M&S customer services have just assured me that my complaint is the latest of many, and they'll be using different couriers from Monday.
Wowbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 12:09   #17
Toge
North London is red

Yodel are city link in disguise maybe?
Old 22-10-2011, 12:18   #18
RBZ5416
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
I hadn't heard of this company till this morning. I'm sitting waiting for a package from M&S that I've paid to have delivered today. According to Yodel's tracking history it was delivered to me at 8 am this morning - a commendable feat, since they haven't actually been anywhere near my house yet.

M&S customer services have just assured me that my complaint is the latest of many, and they'll be using different couriers from Monday.
Sounds about right. My first experience of them under the new livery was also a Saturday special. Checked tracking at 8:00 - "Out for delivery". Check again at 13:00 - "No one home". And of course by this time the depot's closed. When challenged on Monday morning they contacted the driver & asked him to describe the building he had "carded". Best he could do was "it was made of brick...", presumably as opposed the more popular wattle & daub.

I refused the re-delivery & again advised the retailer (Best Buy in this case) that I wouldn't buy anything from the again as a direct result of their choice of courier.

And just to top this off, one of their drivers wanted to buy a car I had for sale on the drive. Agreed the deal, cleared it all out for him, sorted all the paperwork & manuals, spare keys, the lot & the **** didn't turn up for that either!

Last edited by RBZ5416; 22-10-2011 at 12:19.
RBZ5416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 12:22   #19
RBZ5416
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toge View Post
Yodel are city link in disguise maybe?
As above, they're Securicor Omega > DHL Domestic > HDNL in disguise. They achieve the seemingly impossible task of making CityLink look almost competent.
Old 22-10-2011, 13:35   #20
unclerichy
Geek up your life

Just to balance things up I've had the few deliveries from them delivered by the same person (the "Yodel-lady" ) - all arriving without any fuss just before 6pm. I think she lives somewhere nearby as she told me I was her last drop-off.

Certainly better than RM who have an uncanny knack of waiting until the house is empty (as I'm at work and my wife has popped out) to deliver everything.

I think that whichever courier is used it's the luck of the draw. I've never had problems with CityLink (oft criticised), DPD, UPS or any others that I can think of. The exception being Omega (ie Yodel/whoever of old) who many years ago dropped my parcel off at a random neighbour, didn't card me, forgot where they'd delivered it and resulted in me walking round the entire estate knocking on doors.

I'm also fortunate that living not far from the M1/M18 I'm also close to most of the distribution centres so it's not too much hassle to fetch something from the depot.
unclerichy is offline   Reply With Quote