Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Music Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-05-2010, 09:34   #601
Ste7en
Goin' Home to Satan
 
Ste7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Stranded in Chihuahua
Posts: 15,238
Thanks: 1,875
Thanked 333 Times in 247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpeed View Post
Paul also mentioned that they would be coming back to the UK...I really hope that's true
But he always says that
__________________
My DVD Collection / My Feedback
Ste7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 09:45   #602
Thomasd
Trusted User
 
Thomasd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Norwich
Posts: 5,210
Thanks: 5
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
London was amazing last night! What a show
Thomasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 09:50   #603
Ste7en
Goin' Home to Satan
 
Ste7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Stranded in Chihuahua
Posts: 15,238
Thanks: 1,875
Thanked 333 Times in 247 Posts
Anyone wish they went for a meet and greet now?

Gotta say, I was eyeing up two of my credit cards with 0 balance on them... until my wife sussed me out
__________________
My DVD Collection / My Feedback
Ste7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 10:39   #604
MrSpeed
Britain's Scariest Person
 
MrSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Wales
Posts: 14,639
Thanks: 152
Thanked 577 Times in 117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste7en View Post
But he always says that
That was the 1st time I've heard him mention coming back...he didn't at B/Ham or Manchester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste7en View Post
Anyone wish they went for a meet and greet now?

Gotta say, I was eyeing up two of my credit cards with 0 balance on them... until my wife sussed me out
I walked past where they were handing out the passes and wristbands...I tried to think up a 'Mission Impossible' style scenario where I could stealthily grab one
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 11:00   #605
Ste7en
Goin' Home to Satan
 
Ste7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Stranded in Chihuahua
Posts: 15,238
Thanks: 1,875
Thanked 333 Times in 247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpeed View Post
That was the 1st time I've heard him mention coming back...he didn't at B/Ham or Manchester.
Nah, way back. When they came over every 2-3 years Paul always made a "See you next year' comment.

I think you've mentioned about it 'possibly' being the last time we'll see them. Gotta say I felt that as well. Mind, didn't this originally start off as being the longest farewell tour ever?

Quote:
I walked past where they were handing out the passes and wristbands...I tried to think up a 'Mission Impossible' style scenario where I could stealthily grab one


Should've been easy with the make up
__________________
My DVD Collection / My Feedback
Ste7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 11:15   #606
mikegray
Trusted User
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Manchester
Posts: 9,441
Thanks: 3
Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts
A guy I know has put some shots up from Manchester. Just taken from the crowd with a point & shoot but very impressive!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25880052@N08/
__________________
Xbox live: Igor The Fiend
mikegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 11:42   #607
MrSpeed
Britain's Scariest Person
 
MrSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Wales
Posts: 14,639
Thanks: 152
Thanked 577 Times in 117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste7en View Post
I think you've mentioned about it 'possibly' being the last time we'll see them. Gotta say I felt that as well.
I went to last nights show under the impression that it would be my last ever time seeing them live. If it was, then they've given me 3 great shows to bow out on



Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegray View Post
A guy I know has put some shots up from Manchester. Just taken from the crowd with a point & shoot but very impressive!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25880052@N08/
Very nice pics
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 16:24   #608
Guest 29005
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Agree with all the comments, fantastic show last night, best of the 4 I attended on this tour, hopefully I'll get to see them again soon, if not I can die a happy man.

Gene, Paul, Tommy and Eric.. THANK YOU!!!



Rich..
Guest 29005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 17:35   #609
Thomasd
Trusted User
 
Thomasd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Norwich
Posts: 5,210
Thanks: 5
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
I did a blog (which I normally link up on Twitter, Facebook etc, not many followers really) reviewing last nights gig...and it only ended up on the official KISS website!

http://www.kissonline.com/stream/art...splay/id/23560

It's on their Facebook, Twitter too!

And if you wondered what "then this happened" was it was a video for the entrance I recorded.

So chuffed right now
Thomasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 17:47   #610
MrSpeed
Britain's Scariest Person
 
MrSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Wales
Posts: 14,639
Thanks: 152
Thanked 577 Times in 117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasd View Post
I did a blog (which I normally link up on Twitter, Facebook etc, not many followers really) reviewing last nights gig...and it only ended up on the official KISS website!

http://www.kissonline.com/stream/art...splay/id/23560
I was reading that about 30 mins ago!!

Best I've had so far on the official site is a couple of pics in the letters page.
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 17:50   #611
Thomasd
Trusted User
 
Thomasd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Norwich
Posts: 5,210
Thanks: 5
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpeed View Post
I was reading that about 30 mins ago!!

Best I've had so far on the official site is a couple of pics in the letters page.
I'm almost in shock
Thomasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 21:08   #612
hannay
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 3,854
Thanks: 194
Thanked 49 Times in 33 Posts
nice one
hannay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 21:11   #613
Guest 33417
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Coleraine/Ballymoney/Portrush, Northern Ireland
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just back home after the 2 Wembley shows.

Absolutely superb - the band were on fire, much better than the Donington show a few years back which I enjoyed - but the band really seemed into this time around.

Had an absolute blast, great setlist, killer stage show (big to the Eric Carr tribute montage on the monitors during GGRARTY)...

Taking Dawn were dire though.

On a side note, the coach/ferry trip was a nightmare - never to be repeated! Thankfully the flight home went according to plan!
Guest 33417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 21:44   #614
NicolaUK
Trusted User
 
NicolaUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 31,142
Thanks: 358
Thanked 370 Times in 249 Posts
A great show, we had excellent seats, thought we'd be much further back but it worked out great

Couple of pics



Nice one Thom
NicolaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 16:29   #615
MrSpeed
Britain's Scariest Person
 
MrSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Wales
Posts: 14,639
Thanks: 152
Thanked 577 Times in 117 Posts
So now the UK tour is over, any thoughts on if it was the last time the UK will see them?

I definitely went to London in the frame of mind that it would be the last time I'd see them, but.....Paul confirming that a new album would be out within 18 months, and also the 40th anniversary of the band getting ever closer, it makes me think that another few gigs on these shores is a possibility.
I very much doubt it would be as extensive a UK tour as this has been, but I could see a 3-4 date tour over here....he says with fingers crossed

Also, what set list would you like to see them play? (sticking to the same formula as this one...20 song main set and a 5 song encore).
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 17:47   #616
Ste7en
Goin' Home to Satan
 
Ste7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Stranded in Chihuahua
Posts: 15,238
Thanks: 1,875
Thanked 333 Times in 247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpeed View Post
So now the UK tour is over, any thoughts on if it was the last time the UK will see them?
I suspect it could well be, possibly a headline festival gig here and there but that may be it. Having said that they (quite rightly) went down a storm so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them here again someday.

I swore down that I would never see them again after the reunion tour, full stage, make-up, original line up etc. but I'm eating my words now.

Quote:
I definitely went to London in the frame of mind that it would be the last time I'd see them, but.....Paul confirming that a new album would be out within 18 months, and also the 40th anniversary of the band getting ever closer, it makes me think that another few gigs on these shores is a possibility.
I listened to Sonic Boom today and quite enjoyed it. Again, eating my words. I am listening to the Audio Fidelity remastered Love it to Death now. Despite getting into the Kiss 'thing' again recently (it has been a while) I'll always be a devout Alice fan

Quote:
I very much doubt it would be as extensive a UK tour as this has been, but I could see a 3-4 date tour over here....he says with fingers crossed

Also, what set list would you like to see them play? (sticking to the same formula as this one...20 song main set and a 5 song encore).
Gotta play Strutter!
__________________
My DVD Collection / My Feedback
Ste7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 18:22   #617
MrSpeed
Britain's Scariest Person
 
MrSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Wales
Posts: 14,639
Thanks: 152
Thanked 577 Times in 117 Posts
Age is (unfortunately) a factor that might prevent a further tour...Gene is 61 in August and Paul will be 59 next January. Paul was noticeably less active on stage than in previous years, but having said that, I hope I have his energy when I'm his age

I shall put my geek hat on and work out a set list i'd love to see
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2010, 07:12   #618
Guest 60307
Team Zissou
 
Guest 60307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 728
Thanks: 84
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Did anybody pick up a copy of the concert on USB stick? I know you can now pick up copies from simplylive. I went to the London gig on the 13th and was thinking about getting a copy of the concert
Guest 60307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2010, 08:03   #619
NicolaUK
Trusted User
 
NicolaUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 31,142
Thanks: 358
Thanked 370 Times in 249 Posts
Yes we bought the one on Thursday after the show
NicolaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2010, 09:41   #620
Guest 60307
Team Zissou
 
Guest 60307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 728
Thanks: 84
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolaUK View Post
Yes we bought the one on Thursday after the show
Is it good quality?
Guest 60307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
Euro Tour, Gene Simmons, Kiss, The KISS thread, tour, Touring

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heads Up KISS Army peeps... Kiss & Poison are touring together! Guest 1603 Music Discussion 12 01-06-2004 18:56
KISS Boxset- Now With Added KISS merchandise shenanigans Thomasd Music Discussion 5 27-11-2003 14:36
OMG,not ANOTHER thread about KISS!! MrSpeed Music Discussion 17 20-06-2003 19:56

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018 Poisonous Monkey Ltd. Part of The Digital Fix Network