Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-03-2007, 09:00   #1
Guest 60307
Team Zissou
 
Guest 60307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 728
Thanks: 84
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Replacement dics for TV series

Has anybody managed to get a single disc replacement for a multiple disc boxset. I've cracked the middle of one disc of my DS9 season 1 box set. For obvious reasons i dont want to buy the whole box set again. That would be just stupid
Thanks in advance
Guest 60307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 12:56   #2
Guest 48118
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,676
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
When I bought my X-Files Complete Season 1-9 Boxset I luckily chose a retailer that was happy to replace the faulty discs individually but I think most retailers would want to replace the entire set which to me personally is crazy because the chances are you will get back a set with just as many bad discs, makes more sense to swap over on the faulty discs and keep the ones which you know are good.
Guest 48118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 13:35   #3
nwgarratt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 10,574
Thanks: 79
Thanked 85 Times in 58 Posts
Star Trek TNG and DS9 suffered from many cracked discs. I had 12 over 9 seasons of TV. It was the packaging that caused it when the discs were first released and even made discs crack before the set was opened. I got the boxsets replaced by the retailer at the time.

When did you buy the set?
nwgarratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 13:50   #4
statto
Jedi Master
 
statto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 15,515
Thanks: 111
Thanked 405 Times in 194 Posts
Quality thread title
statto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 17:45   #5
Guest 17192
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 880
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had a fault with one of the Deadwood DVDs on the R1 set and got the individual disc replaced no problem.
(I don't know if that retailer is still banned from being mentioned here)
Guest 17192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 18:17   #6
Guest 60307
Team Zissou
 
Guest 60307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 728
Thanks: 84
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwgarratt
Star Trek TNG and DS9 suffered from many cracked discs. I had 12 over 9 seasons of TV. It was the packaging that caused it when the discs were first released and even made discs crack before the set was opened. I got the boxsets replaced by the retailer at the time.

When did you buy the set?
Ebay baby yeah. I got four R2 seasons for £33. This disc is the only one damaged. I checked the rest. It plays ok, but i dont want to make the crack worse and or damage my player
Guest 60307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 19:23   #7
zantarous
Xbox Live tag: wargame
 
zantarous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: London
Posts: 10,234
Thanks: 112
Thanked 151 Times in 125 Posts
Contact Paramount they may swap it for you as the packaging at the time was faulty, I never had a problem with it but I can quite easily see a disc snapping in future with the original design of the DS9 packaging.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 19:31   #8
nwgarratt
Trusted User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 10,574
Thanks: 79
Thanked 85 Times in 58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmccabebrown
Ebay baby yeah. I got four R2 seasons for £33. This disc is the only one damaged. I checked the rest. It plays ok, but i dont want to make the crack worse and or damage my player
Excellent price even for second hand. I have had cracks get worse just being stored in the original packaging and not even played.

This was my worst crack (also DS9). The disc actually disintergated around the crack into tiny bits shortly after and I lost half of the clear plastic.

nwgarratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 13:25   #9
Guest 60307
Team Zissou
 
Guest 60307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 728
Thanks: 84
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwgarratt
Excellent price even for second hand. I have had cracks get worse just being stored in the original packaging and not even played.

This was my worst crack (also DS9). The disc actually disintergated around the crack into tiny bits shortly after and I lost half of the clear plastic.

Thats just what mine disc looks like. I'll drop paramount a line on Monday as see what they say
Guest 60307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018 Poisonous Monkey Ltd. Part of The Digital Fix Network