Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 06-01-2007, 17:13   #241
Porsmond
Trusted User

OMG, Just found out last night that Quizmania Finishes FOREVER on January 14th

www.gregscott.tv
(And its confirmed on other internet forums like DigitalSpy etc)

I cant believe this, although I was never a mug to phone in and waste so much money, I really enjoyed Watching Quizmania just on its own as It was usually very entertaing to watch especially when Greggles was on. I dont know what this means for the future of the likes of the Mint and Make your Play, but I cant believe they would axe Quizmania over the Mint which is just awful most times.

Also QuizCall is currently off the air as well, Its Channel has disapeared from the listings on SKY, but I have just heard the channel will get a new lease of life from mid january on the FiveUS Channel?? Dunno how that can happen though because I thought Quiz Call was part of Channel 4????

So Quizmania Dead,Quiz Call Dead(For now) What about the others out there I wonder???

Oh yeah, and remember I said about some company investigating these phone in quiz channels, about sky high charges for customers and that they could be shut down in found guilty of conning the public, Well its due in September 07, and this reports on the situation(Posted back in this topic quite a few pages back)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5246156.stm

Last edited by Porsmond; 06-01-2007 at 17:18.
Porsmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 19:42   #242
mjb1975
Blandiblub

Quiz Night Live (on FTN) ended a few weeks ago too, only for Quiz Call to replace it but now that's off the schedule on FTN too (as well as losing it's own channel on Sky).
mjb1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 21:04   #243
Guest 28906
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsmond
...I have just heard the channel will get a new lease of life from mid january on the FiveUS Channel?? Dunno how that can happen though because I thought Quiz Call was part of Channel 4????
Channel 4 sold off their QuizCall subsidiary, Ostrich Media, to iTouch Media in October last year after allegations of dodgy practices in the way the games were run.
Guest 28906 is offline   Reply With Quote