Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Old 21-03-2006, 12:13   #41
LIGHTRAY
Vandelay Industries

Finally found time to post on the "The Key"...but not much to add.. cockbongo's post says it all really

Next one not till April 19,unless C4 power's on. As other people have mentioned they do have form for doing that sort of thing.
Even if they don't, quality stuff like this is always worth waiting for

On a related note, stil no news of S2 renewal yet I presume?
LIGHTRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 08:34   #42
TonyG
Xbox Live: Tony Gster

Looks like we're getting a full 22-episode season now. ABC announced that Invasion's S1 finale will air on May 17th, so in theory....

19/4 = Ep18
26/4 = Ep19
3/5 = Ep20
10/5 = Ep21
17/5 = Ep22
TonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 13:18   #43
amcanally
Tried a VTEC yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG
Looks like we're getting a full 22-episode season now. ABC announced that Invasion's S1 finale will air on May 17th, so in theory....

19/4 = Ep18
26/4 = Ep19
3/5 = Ep20
10/5 = Ep21
17/5 = Ep22
or knowing US scheduling :

19/4 = ep17 repeat
17/5 = ep18

Last edited by amcanally; 22-03-2006 at 13:19.
amcanally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 14:16   #44
hailesy
Anyone for Coffee?

bonnie and clyde killed off. How fantastic was the last five minutes!

he made a vast recovery from 24 eh Zahura!
hailesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 18:45   #45
hailesy
Anyone for Coffee?

heads up.... The Invasion is nearing showing stateside April 19th

Jeez! feels like an eternity
hailesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 19:01   #46
TonyG

It does indeed, at least the run to the finish looks like it is uninterrupted.
Old 17-04-2006, 19:31   #47
NicolaUK
Trusted User

Excellent
NicolaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 20:27   #48
Guest 5595
Banned

E4 have now caught up with Invasion, as The key was only shown yesterday.
Guest 5595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 21:03   #49
Spooky_uk
XBL/PSN : SPOOKYVILLE

as i posted in the C4 thread from now on until the season end the Uk airdates (on E4) are only 4 days behind the US showings.

Last edited by Spooky_uk; 17-04-2006 at 21:04.
Spooky_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2006, 20:02   #50
TonyG

Ep18 was very impressive. Certainly cant complain of it being slow-moving now.... Plenty of plot & answers too this week, especially liked just how much the Army seem to know & a closer look at what's going on at the Alien holiday-camp... It sure aint Butlins!
Old 20-04-2006, 22:09   #51
kmurph
Trusted User

Has Larkin's bump shrunk since the last episode?
kmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2006, 22:20   #52
Guest 4542
XBLive: foostymile

Good episode. Now i like Invasion as much (if not more) than the next man, but this felt very much to me like a series that was trying to tie up all its loose ends before the end of a season in case it doesn't get renewed. I've heard they have a story prepared for both eventualities (Season 2 or no Season 2), but clearly (and to their credit I suppose) they're hammering through every single plot development since episode 1 and making sure it's covered before diving into the last 4 episodes. Which, for a Lost fan like myself, is a welcome novelty!

So yeah, good stuff, but this was *jam* packed full of exposition and plot development - it felt more like an episode of Veronica Mars! Maybe i'm just not used to it - i've got so acclimatised to Invasion taking its time.

Particularly looking forward to Jesse potentially carrying out his own Columbine.....
Guest 4542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2006, 20:59   #53
TonyG

This just gets better & better. A storm is literarly brewing as we near the end of the season. I'm fascinated to find out just what is being planned. Nice parallel between what is happening to Jessie to what Russell went through at a similar age.
Old 28-04-2006, 09:56   #54
NicolaUK
Trusted User

Definitely heading toward some kind of armageddon - looks like Daddy Tom isn't the total baddie we had him out to be either.
NicolaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 22:20   #55
Psybear
aka Paddy

Totally unrealistic studio backdrops in the episode before the last - when they were visiting the island. I mean really cheap naff sets, like early Star Trek. Spoilt it a bit for me, reminding me it's all just a show.
Psybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 23:22   #56
Richie
Trusted User

[sorry this is a bit of a rant]
Even I've all but lost patience with this now, just as we catch up with the US!
Seriously what IS the point of Invasion?
It's apparantly now just The Puppet Masters, Invasion of the Body Snatchers and The Faculty all blended (not that any of them are very different anyway) and frankly going nowhere. Ooh another storm is coming to book-end the series! What, so that it can end with everyone having been taken over (even though we know that can't and won't happen as they only take the perfect ones)?
Why wasn't it a priority for the hybrids to 'change' Russell? There's been a zillion opportunities, he'd have made a good leader for the "invasion". Unless the big reveal is going to be just that - that Russell was a hyrid all along or something.
We still don't have any idea what (if anything) the hybrids want. If the goal is to take over mankind, well erm why and er, okay then! It's gotta be the most tedious takeover ever staged and to what end?! The survival of another species that they've told us squat about?
What are the glowing creatures that create the hybrids? Are they alien? man-made? Where do they come from? How do they know to differentiate between humans and other mammals?
Why have I wasted something like 18 hours watching this drivel when it's clear that ultimately nothing much of anything is going to have happened and even less will have been explained.
I also don't understand why the actual people don't just dispatch the hybrids? They are not human and they are not their loved ones. They aren't even in the same 'shell'. They are mere copies. I have a hard time understanding how anyone could reconcile that people they love have been murdered and replaced and yet continue to co-exist with them as if they are still the same people. To some extent this has been shown via Jessie but it's not enough for one teen to you know, get a bit annoyed and have a bit of a girly strop, whilst his sister just gets damp knickers whenever she talks to hybrid-Lewis as if he's totally normal and not a basket case.
I'd have no problem dispatching all these murderous aliens without a second thought, afterall they thought nothing of killing off the real people without asking!
And what of the island with Brit guy whatshisface (Xenu or whatever) and his merry band of bland-extras? What's the point in them even being in the story, they don't do anything! The only point in whathisface is to make Tom less of a 'villain', and of course the 'big bad' has to be British! Wouldn't it have been more subtle and less conspicuous to make him Mexican or something?! or would that be branded, like totally racist man!?! How many British blokes do you know who wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb in the Florida swaps! It just doesn't make any sense!
And the army knows about it all / is in on it and er, that's it. Big whoop. They are a pointless part of the overall story too.
Just someone please tell me, WHAT IS THE POINT OF INVASION?! It makes "Point Pleasant" look coherent!
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:43   #57
Guest 4542
XBLive: foostymile

Seems perfectly coherent to me mate. Lots of things left to be explained, sure, but that's always the case. Most things that you're asking are deliberately being left as ambiguous - did you expect to know the answers to everything by, say, ep 10? Where's the drama there?

I'm not going through every one of your criticisms cos I can't be arsed - suffice to say that if you hate it that much don't watch the end. And if you do, don't keep complaining about it! It hope that big rant helped you get something off your chest.

I will say this, though. "Changing" Russell has never been a priority as the only person who saw him as a "threat" was Tom, and he knew better. There was no "threat" once they agreed that going to the media was a bad idea. And Tom has never been a villain in my book.

Great episode this week - one of my favourite shows. The father/son Russell/Jesse relationship is played very effectively, and surely I can't be the only one hoping that Lewis isn't dead....
Guest 4542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:15   #58
Richie
Trusted User

I'm all for deliberately ambiguous and unexplained (I LOVE "Lost") just so long as it ultimately goes somewhere (and I'm not someone who expects all the answers by epsiode 10, no. If I was I'd have stopped watching long ago)! The problem with 'Invasion' is that it looks like there won't be a second season, there are just 3 episodes left and they will have to have some kind of resolution. For the record cockbongo, there's a huge difference between "criticisms" and perfectly valid fundamental questions that have arisen out of 19 episodes of a tv show, not one of which has actually been addressed within the context of the show.

I don't hate it, I am frustrated by it but I've been a very pro-Invasion poster here all season (and seriously would I really get this worked up over it if I wasn't fully invested in the show, I think not) it's just the impending realisation that it's all for nothing that annoys me. That and the fact that this is brought to us by the same man who created the outstanding "American Gothic" a decade ago. Maybe I was just expecting too much from him?
Cue jonathan.e saying "I told you so!"

Last edited by Richie; 02-05-2006 at 02:34.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 21:45   #59
TonyG

Another good episode, although it was more set-up for the big Windy final two-episodes. Kinda weird to see how much influence Xura has, especially on police headquarters ... I loved how Tom took out that naughty cop in his car .... OUCH!

The scene of the missing hybrids all hidden under the water was creeeeepy.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:10   #60
LIGHTRAY
Vandelay Industries

Wow,another excellent episode, (1x20 " Run and Gun") really setting things up nicely for the finale. Loved the way Tom took out the deputy OUCH!

Also liked the way the show subverted the thing with the primary school teacher, (although seems a bit late in the day to give Dave a girlfirend )
LIGHTRAY is offline   Reply With Quote