Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Old 12-04-2006, 13:59   #161
Richie
Trusted User

Thanks for your comment on the pic quality, Indy!
Regarding the single-sided reissues of the Starburst season 1 & 2 sets (the first 6 volumes):
Watch Farscape and HTF have a bit of info. Just wondered if anyone here has found that they received these reissues when ordering and most importantly, who from?!
I'm hoping www.tvshowsondvd.com will have the official word on this but as yet nothing has been posted.

Last edited by Richie; 12-04-2006 at 14:02.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:07   #162
Richie
Trusted User

[major pleading mode on!]
Can anyone post photos of the new 4 disc Starburst packaging (especially the inside)?
I've read in lots of places how it breaks really easily and I'd like to see what it looks like!
I can't find any pics anywhere - I've looked at numerous review sites and Farscape fan sites and googled every term I can think of!
So if anyone is feeling really kind today I'd really appreciate it!

Also has anyone who has bought Starbursts from DVD Pacific recently received the 4 disc versions of the first 2 seasons' volumes at all? Just want to know if they are stocking the re-issues yet! (hopeless asking retailers as they can never answer simple questions like that!)
Old 01-05-2006, 14:28   #163
welshmatt
Rusted User

Well if dvdpacific cant help you i can't imagine anyone can!

If no-one else has posted I will have a go at a pic when i get home.
welshmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 18:30   #164
Richie
Trusted User

I've emailed them matt but not holding my breath! I couldn't get a coherent answer from amazon.com and last time I asked Pacific about a product they just replied "don't know"!

Anyway if you can do a pic that would be fantastic and I'd be eternally grateful! I can't believe that there are none on the web, what with all the Farscape fans out there!
Old 01-05-2006, 20:00   #165
Richie
Trusted User

Well blow me down! dvdpacific got back to me within a hour!
Quote:
After looking into this, I do believe I have the 2 double sided DVD and not the new 4 singles as you mention

Sorry for the bad news here.
That's a shame really but bloody good customer service nonetheless!
Old 01-05-2006, 20:04   #166
welshmatt
Rusted User

Sorry mate just realised my sister took the camera away with her this weekend so wont be able to get it until tomorrow at the earkiest.
welshmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 20:06   #167
Richie
Trusted User

That's okay, no worries!
Old 02-05-2006, 10:23   #168
Guest 48118
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie
[major pleading mode on!]
Can anyone post photos of the new 4 disc Starburst packaging (especially the inside)?
I've read in lots of places how it breaks really easily and I'd like to see what it looks like!
I can't find any pics anywhere - I've looked at numerous review sites and Farscape fan sites and googled every term I can think of!
So if anyone is feeling really kind today I'd really appreciate it!
I recieved my Farscape Starburst 3.3 release last week from DVD Pacific, pictures are below...

Guest 48118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:27   #169
LeftHandedGuitarist
I liek Star Trek

So now they don't match up with the rest of the sets.
LeftHandedGuitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:39   #170
Richie
Trusted User

IndianaJones00, you little beauty!
Thank you ever so much for bothering to do that!
Old 02-05-2006, 11:00   #171
Guest 48118
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandedGuitarist
So now they don't match up with the rest of the sets.
Yes the 4 disc cases are slightly larger than the standard one's but it doesnt look too bad.
Old 03-05-2006, 14:24   #172
GPR79
XBL: GozerTGozerian

Starburst 4.1 Release Info -
Quote:
Starburst 4.1 will hit shelves on June 13th, 2006. Here's the press release

FARSCAPE STARBURST EDITION 4.1

Tenth Volume in the Popular Starburst Series

ADV Films is pleased to announce the tenth installment of its wildly successful Farscape: Starburst Edition series, with an expanded and updated volume that takes us through to the season finale of the third season in the classic sci-fi series. Farscape: Starburst Edition 4.1 will be available everywhere DVDs are sold on June 13.

Farscape is an adventure as broad and weird as the universe – full of strange creatures, bizarre twists, irreverent humor, raucous action, passion, and romance! Produced in Australia by The Jim Henson Company and Hallmark Entertainment, Farscape has been called “The Best Sci-Fi on TV,” by TV Guide, and hailed as “TV’s Best Space Series” by USA Today. Farscape also received the Saturn Award for Best Syndicated/Cable Series three years in a row (2001, 2002, 2003).

Synopsis: Look up… and share the wonders I’ve seen. Yes, astronaut John Crichton (Ben Browder, Stargate SG-1) is still lost – somewhere in the universe. After all the chaos he’s survived – the total mind-frell he’s been through over the past four years – you wouldn’t think anything could phase him anymore. But love moves in mysterious ways, even in the distant reaches of outer space.

It’s all about the girl. Aeryn. Beautiful Aeryn (Claudia Black, Stargate SG-1), a renegade Peacekeeper commando… and the love of John Crichton’s life. It seems these two lovers can never quite get it together to face the struggles of their own hearts, let alone a universe on the verge of destruction. But as powerful alien races steel themselves for the ultimate galactic war, Crichton, Aeryn, and the quarreling band of alien ex-cons who have become their friends must do something that doesn’t come naturally – work together.

Farscape: Starburst Edition 4.1 (SRP $29.98 DVD) is an anamorphic DVD release including the first seven episodes of season four presented in both 5.1 and 2.0 sound. Farscape: Starburst Edition 4.1 is loaded with all the extensive, behind-the-scenes special features sci-fi fans want, including a “Farscape: The Story So Far” featurette, behind the scenes interviews with Jonathan Hardy (Voice of Rygel) and Rebecca Riggs (Commandant Grayza), “Inside Farscape” features on the series villains and the Season 4 visual effects, NEW commentary for “John Quixote” with Writer/Actor Ben Browder (Crichton) and Claudia Black (Aeryn), two “Listening In” segments with composer Guy Gross covering the episodes “Crichton Kicks” and “John Quixote,” deleted scenes, updated character histories for John Crichton, Aeryn Sun, Ka D’Argo, and Chiana, more “Cool Farscape Facts,” a new “Alien Encounters” segment, and a production design gallery.

DVD Product Details

Volume: 1 of 3

Running Time: 350 minutes
Age Rating: n/a
CAT: DFSR/010
UPC: 702727099922
Pre-Book Date: 5/16/2006
Street Date: 6/13/2006
Format: DVD
SRP: $24.98

Product specifications and content configuration subject to change.
And the cover art:

Last edited by GPR79; 03-05-2006 at 14:25.
GPR79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 14:22   #173
Guest 50939
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPR79
FARSCAPE STARBURST EDITION 3.3

Ninth Volume in the Popular Starburst Series

ADV Films is pleased to announce the ninth installment of its wildly successful Farscape: Starburst Edition series, with an expanded and updated volume that takes us through to the season finale of the third season in the classic sci-fi series. Farscape: Starburst Edition 3.3 will be available everywhere DVDs are sold on April 11.

Farscape is an adventure as broad and weird as the universe – full of strange creatures, bizarre twists, irreverent humor, raucous action, passion, and romance! Produced in Australia by The Jim Henson Company and Hallmark Entertainment, Farscape has been called “The Best Sci-Fi on TV,” by TV Guide, and hailed as “TV’s Best Space Series” by USA Today. Farscape also received the Saturn Award for Best Syndicated/Cable Series three years in a row (2001, 2002, 2003).

Synopsis: Who is John Crichton? An astronaut. Good-looking, all-American, nice guy… lost somewhere in a crazy universe. A hero… who’s been probed, prodded, framed, frozen, and frelled by alien life forms more bizarre than anything in Captain Kirk’s wildest dreams. Who is John Crichton (Ben Browder)? Did we mention he’s in love with a beautiful ex-commando named Aeryn (Claudia Black)? Did we mention he’s been cloned? Two Crichtons… so identical even he can’t tell who’s the original. One Crichton gets the girl of his… er… their dreams. The other gets left behind. One Crichton dies. The other goes toe-to-toe against death itself, in the form of a sadistic military leader searching for a secret that will forever alter the balance of power in the universe. It’s hidden deep in Crichton’s impenetrable human subconscious, where even he can’t find it. Toss in a dysfunctional crew of quarreling alien ex-cons onboard a bio-mechanoid ship with a neurotic Pilot and you’ve got a hint of the incredible Farscape universe. But only a hint.

Praised by TV Guide as one of the “25 Top Cult Shows Ever,” Farscape is an adventure as broad and weird as the universe – full of strange creatures, bizarre twists, irreverent humor, raucous action, passion, and romance! Produced in Australia with the incredible talents of Jim Henson’s Creature Shop, Farscape is the fantasy-scifi-drama-romance-comedy-adventure you will always remember!

The dream series of every sci-fi fan continues with the release of Farscape: The Starburst Edition 3.3. (SRP $24.98 DVD). Farscape: The Starburst Edition 3.3. is a DVD-only release including the final seven episodes of Farscapes exciting third season, complemented by extensive special features on four DVDs. Episodes in this collection: “Revenging Angel,” “The Choice,” “Fractures,” “I-Yensch, You-Yensch,” “Into The Lion’s Den, Part I: Lambs To The Slaughter,” “Into The Lion’s Den, Part II: Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing” and “Dog With Two Bones.” Audio is presented in English 5.1 and stereo. Each episode is subtitled for the hearing impaired.

With almost six hours of the three-time Saturn Award-winning Farscape, this collection is one of the hottest entertainment bargains anywhere!

Farscape: The Starburst Edition 3.3 is loaded with all the extensive, behind-the-scenes special features sci-fi fans want. In fact, the fourth disc is exclusively devoted to extras! Join Executive Producer David Kemper for “Season 3: A Look Back.” There are two cast interviews – Claudia Black (Aeryn), Anthony Simcoe (D’Argo). Four full-length audio commentaries enhance this edition. Two Commentaries for “The Choice” with actress: Claudia Black (Aeryn) and the filmmakers: Director Rowan Woods and Writer Justin Monjo. The episode “Into The Lion’s Den, Part II: Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing” has a new commentary with Writer/Series Creator Rockne S. O’Bannon and Executive Producer David Kemper. The season finale “Dog With Two Bones” also has a new commentary featuring Ben Browder (Crichton) and Claudia Black (Aeryn). Rounding out this packed collection are deleted scenes, the original Farscape TV promos, “Cool Farscape Facts” by Paul Simpson (author of Farscape: The Illustrated Companion), “Alien Encounters,” an extensive production design gallery, updated character histories, and previews of other coming attractions from ADV Films. Farscape: Starburst Edition 3.3 is the definitive edition of this amazing sci-fi series for new and established fans alike!

Can anybody confirm that all of the commentaries mentioned above are included in starburst 3.3?
Guest 50939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 15:45   #174
Guest 48118
Trusted User

Have just checked my DVD and Volume 3.3 includes...

Two Commentaries for episode 'The Choice'
- The Actress: Claudia Black
- The Filmmakers: Director Rowan Woods and Writer Justin Monjo

New Commentary for episode 'Into The Lion's Den Part 2' with Writer/Series Creator Rockne S. O'Bannon and Executive Producer David Kemper

New Commentary for episode 'Dog With Two Bones' with Ben Browder and Claudia Black

Last edited by IndianaJones00; 04-05-2006 at 15:47.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:37   #175
Guest 50939
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJones00
Have just checked my DVD and Volume 3.3 includes...

Two Commentaries for episode 'The Choice'
- The Actress: Claudia Black
- The Filmmakers: Director Rowan Woods and Writer Justin Monjo

New Commentary for episode 'Into The Lion's Den Part 2' with Writer/Series Creator Rockne S. O'Bannon and Executive Producer David Kemper

New Commentary for episode 'Dog With Two Bones' with Ben Browder and Claudia Black
Thanks a lot IndianaJones !

I don't suppose if you get a chance you can check to see if the animated parts of "Revenging Angel" have any problems could you? I picked up the Australian box-set of season three and Revenging Angel has problems with the animated sections.

So if the starburst edition is fine I'll pick it up at some point and get a few extra commentaries in process.
Old 05-05-2006, 20:31   #176
Guest 48118
Trusted User

Will check it when I have the chance but what exactly was wrong with the R4 release? as I had the UK Volume release and that episode played fine.
Old 08-05-2006, 13:23   #177
Guest 50939
Banned

I'm not really sure how to describe the problem. It was like the animated parts were all jittery, I think I read somewhere that it was a de-interlacing or interlacing problem?? I thought it was particularly strange as it was only the animated parts that were affected.
Old 08-05-2006, 14:13   #178
Guest 48118
Trusted User

Never had that problem on my UK release and I have just checked the R1 Starburst release and everything is fine, playback of the animated parts is as smooth as the rest of the episode
Old 08-05-2006, 15:05   #179
Guest 50939
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJones00
Never had that problem on my UK release and I have just checked the R1 Starburst release and everything is fine, playback of the animated parts is as smooth as the rest of the episode
Cheers IndianaJones
Old 15-06-2006, 14:44   #180
GPR79
XBL: GozerTGozerian

Press release info and cover art for Starburst 4.2 -

Quote:
FARSCAPE STARBURST EDITION 4.2

“The Best Sci-Fi on TV" (TV Guide)

ADV Films is proud to announce an August 8 street date for Farscape Starburst Edition 4.2, featuring loads of new extras at a fabulous low price.

Farscape is an adventure as broad and weird as the universe – full of strange creatures, bizarre twists, irreverent humor, raucous action, passion, and romance! Produced in Australia by The Jim Henson Company and Hallmark Entertainment, Farscape has been called “The Best Sci-Fi on TV" by TV Guide, and hailed as “TV’s Best Space Series" by USA Today. Farscape also received the Saturn Award for Best Syndicated/Cable Series three years in a row (2001, 2002, 2003).

Synopsis Look up… and share the wonders I’ve seen. Yes, astronaut John Crichton (Ben Browder, Stargate SG-1) is still lost – somewhere in the universe. After all the chaos he’s survived – the total mind-frell he’s been through over the past four years – you wouldn’t think anything could phase him anymore. But love moves in mysterious ways, even in the distant reaches of outer space.

It’s all about the girl. Aeryn. Beautiful Aeryn (Claudia Black, Stargate SG-1), a renegade Peacekeeper commando… and the love of John Crichton’s life. It seems these two lovers can never quite get it together to face the struggles of their own hearts, let alone a universe on the verge of destruction. But as powerful alien races steel themselves for the ultimate galactic war, Crichton, Aeryn, and the quarreling band of alien ex-cons who have become their friends must do something that doesn’t come naturally – work together.

Farscape Starburst Edition 4.2 (SRP $24.98 DVD) is an anamorphic DVD-only release presented in English 5.1, English 2.0, close captions and English Subtitles for the Hearing Impaired. Farscape: Starburst Edition 4.2 is loaded with all the extensive, behind-the-scenes special features sci-fi fans want, including a commentary on the episode “Kansas" with Ben Browder (Crichton), Claudia Black (Aeryn), & David Kemper (writer), behind the Scenes Interview with Wayne Pygram (Scorpius), behind the Scenes Interview with Lani John Tupu (Crais & Voice of Pilot), Behind the Scenes Interview with David Franklin (Braca), a “Listening In" segment with Composer Guy Gross covering the episode “Terra Firma", character histories on Scorpius, Braca and Grayza, the production design gallery, deleted scenes, more “Cool Farscape Facts," and a new “Alien Encounters."

DVD Product Details
Volume: 2 of 3
Running Time: 350 min.
Age Rating: N/A
CAT: DFSR/011
UPC: 702727100024
Pre-Book Date: 7/11/2006
Street Date: 8/8/2006
Format: DVD
SRP: $24.98

Also found this handy little guide for comparing commentaries on various Farscape DVD releases, includes details of the 'hidden commentary track' available on Starburst 3.3 as well - http://www.starburstcards.com/Karlsw...VD_Summary.htm

Last edited by GPR79; 24-08-2006 at 17:36.
GPR79 is offline   Reply With Quote