Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 26-05-2003, 17:28   #21
Guest 5659

Veron was brought in to help United conquer europe, unless he helps United become "European kings" he will continue to be slagged off by others...

I have a feeling the CL crown will end up somewhere in England next season...
Old 26-05-2003, 17:49   #22
Listy
Hello meatball

Quote:
and had it not been for his injuries, I'm sure he would have been a contender for player of the season.

Hahahahaaa good one Notice how we seemed to hit our good run towards the end of the season when he was out, big coincidence that one! He then had the hilarious opinion that Utd winning the title was a shot in the eye for his critics... WHAAA!!! Seba my old mucker you only played less than one half of football in that 18 match title winning unbeaten run Face it chief he's a Turkey of massive proportions, the new Danny Wallace if you will

Last edited by Listy; 26-05-2003 at 17:58.
Old 26-05-2003, 18:37   #23
Guest 23067
A Design For Life

Quote:
Originally posted by Way_2_FAT
Sir Alex has spent enough money over these last two years and have become nothing more than CL QF rejects on an annual basis, winning the league alone next season simply just ain't good enough...
Quote:
Veron was brought in to help United conquer europe, unless he helps United become "European kings" he will continue to be slagged off by others...

I have a feeling the CL crown will end up somewhere in England next season...

Semi final last year, but then to laughably suggest that another english (or should that be french?) club apart from manchester united could win the champions league shows what an idiot you are.

Also, try watching veron play for manchester united in europe before you comment on him. He has been brilliant in europe this season.

Last edited by ryonhilluk; 26-05-2003 at 18:44.
Old 26-05-2003, 19:04   #24
HenryKrinkle
Clean, like my conscience

If you are seriously trying to suggest that Veron has been a success at United you are an utter fool my friend. He has been desperately disappointing when he plays, and I have to admit to a feeling of dread whenever his name is on the teamsheet!

...by the way, you guys discussing next seasons team...what the hell do you think you are doing leaving Gary Neville out of your selections?? He is one of the best defenders we have ever had! O'Shea is an absolutely brilliant prospect, Rio is still a bit shaky at times, but he will settle well I feel. Silvestre can be superb, but can also be a bit crap...on the whole good though. So don't discount Neville, his crosses are almost as good as Beckham's

...how much would we get for that lazy git Veron do you think??
Old 26-05-2003, 20:05   #25
Guest 5659

Quote:
Originally posted by ryonhilluk
Semi final last year, but then to laughably suggest that another english (or should that be french?) club apart from manchester united could win the champions league shows what an idiot you are.
Arsenal at their best and on form can beat ANY team in Europe, you're as lame as **** to think United are the only English team that can win the CL...

Quote:
Originally posted by ryonhilluk
Also, try watching veron play for manchester united in europe before you comment on him. He has been brilliant in europe this season. [/B]
Where in this thread did I comment about Verons form?

I think you're mistaken me for a gunner, or worse a scouser

Last edited by Way_2_FAT; 26-05-2003 at 20:06.
Old 26-05-2003, 20:56   #26
Guest 7802
I love my bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Listy
Hahahahaaa good one Notice how we seemed to hit our good run towards the end of the season when he was out, big coincidence that one! He then had the hilarious opinion that Utd winning the title was a shot in the eye for his critics... WHAAA!!! Seba my old mucker you only played less than one half of football in that 18 match title winning unbeaten run Face it chief he's a Turkey of massive proportions, the new Danny Wallace if you will
I think you'll find me old mucker, that our good run started late November - apart from the Xmas losses to Blackburn and Middlesborough. Until you go to OT and watch Veron's performances, then you should stop making stupid comments.

Last edited by nc; 26-05-2003 at 20:58.
Old 26-05-2003, 23:35   #27
Listy
Hello meatball

Quote:
I think you'll find me old mucker, that our good run started late November - apart from the Xmas losses to Blackburn and Middlesborough. Until you go to OT and watch Veron's performances, then you should stop making stupid comments.
Are you stoned? Read my post again, I said our UNBEATEN RUN which doesn't count the two losses does it you fool I'm suprised you could see Veron play from the stand with your head jammed so far up your backside!

Last edited by Listy; 26-05-2003 at 23:38.
Old 27-05-2003, 08:45   #28
HBK757
Trusted User

Quote:
Arsenal at their best and on form can beat ANY team in Europe, you're as lame as **** to think United are the only English team that can win the CL...
Arsenal probably have the team to win the Champions League, problem is, they don't have the squad to do it. Man Utd are the only Premier League club with a realistic chance of winning the Champions League at the moment.

As for Veron, I guess various people never watched him when he played for Sampdoria, Parma and Lazio. I don't know if the Premier League suits his style of play, European football is probably more suited to him.

Last edited by HBK757; 27-05-2003 at 08:48.
Old 27-05-2003, 09:48   #29
Pisces Iscariot
The Pumpkin Smasher

http://www.manutd.com/news/features....tompageid=6846

You have to wonder how United will fit all these players into OT let alone the squad.

Last edited by Pisces Iscariot; 27-05-2003 at 09:49.
Old 27-05-2003, 09:59   #30
Guest 7802
I love my bitch

I remember
Quote:
Originally posted by Pisces Iscariot

You have to wonder how United will fit all these players into OT let alone the squad.
I remember it was the last summer. It makes you think how half these football writers get a job. You hear better rumours from a drunk at your local pub.
Old 27-05-2003, 10:03   #31
Pisces Iscariot
The Pumpkin Smasher

I thought Kahn for £15m was particularly amusing.

Last edited by Pisces Iscariot; 27-05-2003 at 10:03.
Old 27-05-2003, 10:12   #32
Guest 2564
YNWA

Quote:

You'll need a team train rather than bus!!
Old 27-05-2003, 10:29   #33
Guest 7802
I love my bitch

Quote:
I thought Kahn for £15m was particularly amusing.
Yes, and Tim Howard from the New York Metro Stars.
Old 27-05-2003, 10:42   #34
Guest 7802
I love my bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Listy
Are you stoned? Read my post again, I said our UNBEATEN RUN which doesn't count the two losses does it you fool I'm suprised you could see Veron play from the stand with your head jammed so far up your backside!
I think you've made it clear what a disturbed glory fan you are I'm not gonna bother sticking up for Veron anymore because clearly you know nothing about football and are a (begins with a d, ends with a d)
Yes, the supporters were very dissapointed with Seba in his first season, but the ones I have spoken to in the stands, are very impressed with his team performances this season, and think he will get better.
Old 27-05-2003, 11:18   #35
Guest 5659

Quote:
Originally posted by HBK757
Arsenal probably have the team to win the Champions League, problem is, they don't have the squad to do it. Man Utd are the only Premier League club with a realistic chance of winning the Champions League at the moment.
If you are talking about the size and quality of the entire squad then neither does United have the depth and strengh compared to squads like Juventus and Real Madrid etc, if United have say two injured first team midfield players then the cover list looks pretty thin, even Sir Alex pointed this weakness out after only marginally beaten a Juventus "semi-reserve" side at OT this season.
Even Liverpool has a stronger squad than United, well at least according to Sir Alex

Arsenal didn't get pass the 2nd phase because they lacked another class finisher like Henry, I'm sure we all remember the sheer number of chances Arsenal have wasted against the likes of Roma and Valencia at home

As for Veron, he is one of those bigtime players who performs at his best when playing on the biggest stage of world football (not the boring WC's ) which was why he was brought in for to help United conquer Europe, couldn't give a damn about his so called crappy league performances as United will win the league with or without him...

Rovers asking price for Duff is a bit OTT, Brazilian playboy it will be...

Last edited by Way_2_FAT; 27-05-2003 at 11:21.
Old 27-05-2003, 11:22   #36
Listy
Hello meatball

Quote:
I'm not gonna bother sticking up for Veron anymore because clearly you know nothing about football and are a (begins with a d, ends with a d)
Cheers for the compliment mate (although a bit fannyish seeing as you had to abbreviate the "nasty" word you called me )

Last edited by Listy; 27-05-2003 at 14:41.
Old 28-05-2003, 08:52   #37
gingertom
Trusted User

Veron. please stop making excuses. If he cost Utd £8m then he wouldn't get a mention. He just doesnt fit in the squad. Most Utd fans cant face up to the fact that we have wasted (£20 odd million) on a player who can only do it at certain times. If Ruud was performing like Veron would you defend him so easily!!
Old 28-05-2003, 09:50   #38
Guest 7802
I love my bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by gingertom
Veron. please stop making excuses. If he cost Utd £8m then he wouldn't get a mention. He just doesnt fit in the squad. Most Utd fans cant face up to the fact that we have wasted (£20 odd million) on a player who can only do it at certain times. If Ruud was performing like Veron would you defend him so easily!!
Yes, Man Utd paid over the odds for Veron (and Ferdinand too!) Ruud was bought for £19m - he must be worth £50m now.
Getting back to Veron, the main target for Manchester United is the Champions League. And Veron was bought for that. And he's been outstanding in the CL this season. So question answered. Had he played against Real Madrid in both legs I'm sure we would have qualified - I said this at the time (you cannot count his performance in the second leg - he hadn't played for 6 weeks and was brought of a sickbed!) He was also starting to look the part in league games before his injuries. I'm not making excuses or defending him. If he was playing poor, I would want rid of him. But the simple truth is - he isn't!
Old 28-05-2003, 12:05   #39
Guest 18922
The Villan

You already gor Ronaldinho but you sold him to Blackburn Rovers.

All he is Dwight Yorke with a wig of Benito Carbone's hair style.
Old 28-05-2003, 16:55   #40
Guest 7601
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally posted by nc
Getting back to Veron, the main target for Manchester United is the Champions League. And Veron was bought for that. And he's been outstanding in the CL this season.

Agreed ... end of story really and whilst I am still not his biggest fan he has a future at OT.

Not at all convinced by Ronaldinho (and very worried as to how Ron Atkinson will pronounce his name ) but as someone said here before it may be more to do with Nike than AF and the board
:norty:

I for one would take both Duff and Dunn from Blackburn and give Carrol and some of our youngsters a try as well as more of a role for Ole GS, Butt and Phil Neville.
Closed Thread