Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Sports Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 11:06   #1001
stu_69
prohibido

Man City have looked ropey since new year. Tevez's return might have ****** some players off a bit more but the results before his return (seeing as he was being touted as returning to help with the bad results) didn't show a team in good form.

City should have won the title by xmas with the money spent and playing squad amassed. On paper City have one of the best squads in the premiership (if not europe) but your manager could not get a functioning team. Mancini is the blame for the most part but when you hire mercenaries it's always going to be hard to make them team players.

Will be interesting to see what happens during the summer but I can see another £200m being spent (and somehow circumnavigating the financial rules) on a few players.

Would Mourinho come to City?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:10   #1002
Rob
Indie Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2000s View Post
He was given a great ovation at Eastlands when he came on for the first time....... oh wait, I forgot that was sky tampering with the live footage making it appear that way, my mistake.
I didn't hear any of you criticise his return at the time, Citysmith was certainly quite happy to use him for the greater good. But if you now want to use him as a scapegoat for your circus show not successfully buying the league, go right ahead
If I remember correctly, we all said that we were happy for Mancini to use Tevez as he sees fit. If he'd have scored a few winners, we'd all have been singing his praises now.

Grunge is not seeking to blame Tevez for our form, which has been pretty poor for the last few weeks. He raises a good point for discussion that had also occurred to me. Is it possible that bringing Tevez back in (and letting Balotelli get away with more than he should) has unsettled one or more players?

As people on here know, I'm a fan of Mancini based on what we see or know. But if the above is true, then this is definitely a black mark against his management skills.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:17   #1003
Rob
Indie Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_69 View Post
Man City have looked ropey since new year.
Not true. Between the loss to Sunderland on New Years Day and the loss away to Swansea, we had 8 league matches and won 7 of them (including wins against Liverpool and Spurs). The run since then has included only the dramatic comeback win against Chelsea.

However, it's true to say that our away form since November is the defining factor this season.

Last edited by Rob; 10-04-2012 at 11:18.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:17   #1004
Grunge
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Grunge is not seeking to blame Tevez for our form, which has been pretty poor for the last few weeks. He raises a good point for discussion that had also occurred to me. Is it possible that bringing Tevez back in (and letting Balotelli get away with more than he should) has unsettled one or more players?
Exactly, Even down the fact there is 1 more player in the training sessions, has that resulted in other players having to play out of position compared to what they are used too to fit Tevez back in?, normally when an extra player is drafted in for training its from the youth squad so can be chosen to fit the needs on the day.

And thats not including the potential poison apple effect.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:39   #1005
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
I've certainly been vocal enough against him, if you didn't read that then there's nothing I can do about that apart from point out people are individuals, I could say all Liverpool fans are a joke because a load of vocal ones supported Suarez. I know you didn't but by the logic your displaying on here I could just lump you in with "all you Liverpool fans".
I put my view across quite clearly about Suarez. With Tevez, looking back, all we heard from you was some apologist guff about contract law.
If I were you, I would be questioning why your manager can't control his players or maybe the logic from your club of asking for nonsense £40m for Carlos last summer rather than taking the best offer.......otherwise known as the "fair market price"......and getting shot of the distraction that you are now blaming for your failure.

Quote:
But I can say for sure, I've never seen anyone "lauding him as a returning hero" though.
You musn't have watched the Chelsea game then, thousands of them there
Old 10-04-2012, 11:58   #1006
d2000s
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
He said "Anyone else notice the drop in form coincides with Tevez's return, the week he started training full time with the first team was the week we started to crumble". If that's not attributing blame then I don't know what is.

Quote:
As people on here know, I'm a fan of Mancini based on what we see or know. But if the above is true, then this is definitely a black mark against his management skills. .
One of many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge View Post
Exactly, Even down the fact there is 1 more player in the training sessions, has that resulted in other players having to play out of position compared to what they are used too to fit Tevez back in?, normally when an extra player is drafted in for training its from the youth squad so can be chosen to fit the needs on the day.

And thats not including the potential poison apple effect.
Are you possibly talking in questions now so that noone can really challenge your points? lol Because without the question marks it feels like you backtracking somewhat
Old 10-04-2012, 12:24   #1007
Alan b
Administrator

Thanked 1,285 Times in 581 Posts
Continued here:

http://forums.thedigitalfix.co.uk/fo....php?p=9641982

Closing
Closed Thread