Go Back   Forums @ The Digital Fix > Entertainment Discussion Forums > Television Discussion

Notices

Old 02-01-2007, 21:14   #21
Guest 31673
Trusted User

The swearing was definitely a highlight of this! I don't remember the programme being so frustrating to watch!
Guest 31673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 22:28   #22
Guest 8086
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGearAl
One of my goal's in life is to visit Japan just so I can go on Takeshi's Castle. It looks like immense fun. I wonder if they have a huge waiting list to get on the show.

Considering they stopped making it in 1989, I'd guess the list is pretty big and still growing

Edit: damnit, beaten like a red-headed step child.

Last edited by kippa2k1; 02-01-2007 at 22:30.
Guest 8086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 00:38   #23
kiran_mk2
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew WK
The swearing was definitely a highlight of this! I don't remember the programme being so frustrating to watch!
I can understand people in the first series not getting it straight away, but it was so frustrating watching people in the later series struggling with games that had been in since the start. Did they just not watch it? Have to say I love the Aztec level where they have to walk across the pond on the roller, hook the crystal cage and walk back - always the potential for comedy falls.
kiran_mk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 13:50   #24
Guest 31673
Trusted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_mk2
Have to say I love the Aztec level where they have to walk across the pond on the roller, hook the crystal cage and walk back - always the potential for comedy falls.
That was the one which almost drove me insane last night "You can step in the water now but make sure the crystal doesn't go in the water" - cue the crystal falling into the water after the woman started to swing the cage with it in on the end of the hook around her head while she desperatley tried not to lose her balance and get her feet wet.
Guest 31673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:42   #25
Guest 1367
Parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsmond
I never knew about Audio commentary when Challenge showed this??Do they still do it, as I think its still being shown on Challenge, and how do you activate the commentary if so???
There two ways I've found. The long winded way is to go into the main Sky settings menu and IIRC it's on the same menu as the subtitles option. Changing the option to ON here leaves it on permanently.
The shorter route is when watching the channel just press help and a small on-screen menu appears where you can turn on subtitles and the audio immediately. If you change the channel though, you have togo back into this menu to turn them back on.

I normally do this for all the TV I'm watching. Don't know why but I always watch with the subtitles on unless it's live. Subtitles really help with things like ER when they speak so much medical bumpff,or 24 when they're eiher dshouting or hispering to each other.
Guest 1367 is offline   Reply With Quote